Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tark-RM

Dont Skimp On The Soundtrack

I think a soundtrack is a very important aspect of a fantasy MMO. This will be the first and only time I will point to WoW as an example you guys should follow. 

Just to give you a sample of what I mean, listen to this.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7639iIMqZ8

If that isn't your taste they have a good variety of songs. 

https://youtu.be/cXx7UJhz3iM

I would love if they gave the composer they hired a chance to record his music in full orchestra.  I would buy so many perks just to get that soundtrack.  The music is always my favorite thing from any game.  I have all the WoW soundtracks, the SWTOR one, the Conan ones, etc.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Yup, I buy all the collector editions of games I like just for the sound track. SWTOR was another game that had a nice sound track. A sound track is something that you need to constantly update though. Every year or two you need some new fresh music. They usually do this via expansions, but I dont know if they actually plan on doing expansions in this game, not sure how that would work.

Well, I wouldn't say that the soundtracks are the only commendable thing about WoW. I mean... their cinematic trailers are pretty damn good too ^^

I absolutely agree, though. A good soundtrack, and good sound design in general, is pretty vital for getting me completely enthralled in a game. If they managed to come up with something as instantly memorable as the TES theme, or any of the LOTR soundtrack, or hell, Halo's theme - I'd be extremely happy.

Well, I wouldn't say that the soundtracks are the only commendable thing about WoW. I mean... their cinematic trailers are pretty damn good too ^^

I absolutely agree, though. A good soundtrack, and good sound design in general, is pretty vital for getting me completely enthralled in a game. If they managed to come up with something as instantly memorable as the TES theme, or any of the LOTR soundtrack, or hell, Halo's theme - I'd be extremely happy.

No its not the only commendable thing about WoW, I played the game for 10 years. I just know this game isn't WoW, and I dont want to seem like one of those WoW fan boys trying to bring aspects of WoW to this game, cause I know that wont be popular.

WTB Jeremy Soule to compose the soundtrack for Crowfall, music matters!

I like Soule's stuff okay, but there are other game composers I'd prefer over him.  However, CF has already hired a composer, and I really like the sample track they gave us.  I just want it done by instruments and not synth, lol.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I like Soule's stuff okay, but there are other game composers I'd prefer over him.  However, CF has already hired a composer, and I really like the sample track they gave us.  I just want it done by instruments and not synth, lol

Likewise with the instruments, would love to hear that over synth. What other composers are good, I honestly only know Jeremy Soule.

krevra.png

No its not the only commendable thing about WoW, I played the game for 10 years. I just know this game isn't WoW, and I dont want to seem like one of those WoW fan boys trying to bring aspects of WoW to this game, cause I know that wont be popular.

I was just messing. I'm aware that WoW actually does have a fair amount going for it,- I've also been playing it on/off since Vanilla. Anyway, I hardly think anyone reasonable is going to call you a fanboy just for saying that WoW's music is good. It is good.

WTB Jeremy Soule to compose the soundtrack for Crowfall, music matters!

Oooh. That would be pretty sweet :D

Personally I'd be interested to hear what Bear McCreary could do with a fantasy theme. Just youtube his work on Battlestar Galactica...

Edited by 11nephilim

I play with no BGM as well; for similar reasons.

I would make a comment cautioning the overspending of development money to appease a smaller group of people, but we all know how those threads have gone lately.

[@--(o.O)@]

I play with no BGM as well; for similar reasons.

I would make a comment cautioning the overspending of development money to appease a smaller group of people, but we all know how those threads have gone lately.

Agreed.

I would wish ACE would leave out soundtrack and BGM altogether. This is a hardcore pvp game afterall.

But like you said, we got mounts and a female centaur, so the game is getting casualized already.

Production values are very important to us, thus of course there will be a soundtrack and it shall be awesome - Will it be done by the same orchestra we used on SWTOR? Probably not. I think you are underestimating how much that costs ;) 

Agreed.

I would wish ACE would leave out soundtrack and BGM altogether. This is a hardcore pvp game afterall.

But like you said, we got mounts and a female centaur, so the game is getting casualized already.

I was a little afraid to post because you're so hardcore. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Agreed.

I'm still trying to figure out what that means. 

Agreed.

I would disagree with this comment, they are expanding the depth of the game lore, universe, options, not casualizing core game mechanics. There is a difference between casualizing game mechanics and adding more options and building out their assets more. Now if they change something major on the game vision, then we can talk about casualization haha. I don't see them steering away from their vision though, they don't seem interested in that whatsoever.

Probably not. I think you are underestimating how much that costs ;)

This.  I'm not surprised that you knew this.  I do, however, think that other people might not know this though, and therefore am glad that you mentioned it.

[@--(o.O)@]