Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tark-RM

Dont Skimp On The Soundtrack

Agreed.

I would wish ACE would leave out soundtrack and BGM altogether. This is a hardcore pvp game afterall.

But like you said, we got mounts and a female centaur, so the game is getting casualized already.

Just do what I do and turn your monitor off while playing.

Its how the truly hardcore play casual games.

Rage Quit

Just do what I do and turn your monitor off while playing.

Its how the truly hardcore play casual games.

This is actually true. Certain gamers have adapted themselves so well to playing blind that they've attuned themselves to the whine of the information flowing through their computer. I've heard it's a very similar experience to "seeing the code."

tumblr_mlu8qijgO31s9816mo1_r1_500.gif

There's a big reaction time boost because they don't have to wait for the visuals to be processed by the graphics card and monitor.

Agreed.

I would wish ACE would leave out soundtrack and BGM altogether. This is a hardcore pvp game afterall.

But like you said, we got mounts and a female centaur, so the game is getting casualized already.

You heard it here first, folks. If your game has a soundtrack and/or background music, your game can't be hardcore.

7ug90hM.png

You heard it here first, folks. If your game has a soundtrack and/or background music, your game can't be hardcore.

Its true. music is for casuals :)

Edited by Zinnie

Its true. music is for casuals :)

Filthy casuals. Crowfall's soundtrack should be the pleading and screams of the fallen, and the low droning wail of the Thralls harvested for our gods.

That said, I do like the strings in the current bit of music ACE uses in the videos - more of that please. :)

I was just messing. I'm aware that WoW actually does have a fair amount going for it,- I've also been playing it on/off since Vanilla. Anyway, I hardly think anyone reasonable is going to call you a fanboy just for saying that WoW's music is good. It is good.

Oooh. That would be pretty sweet :D

Personally I'd be interested to hear what Bear McCreary could do with a fantasy theme. Just youtube his work on Battlestar Galactica...

Oh man I love BSG, That would be epic for sure

krevra.png

Production values are very important to us, thus of course there will be a soundtrack and it shall be awesome - Will it be done by the same orchestra we used on SWTOR? Probably not. I think you are underestimating how much that costs ;)

I was a little afraid to post because you're so hardcore. 

Thanks for the reply. Not underestimating the cost, just giving examples of whats awesome. As long as you guys are taking a look at stuff like that then I accept that you will do the best you can with what you have. Thanks again!

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-mPnmfrm6I

Man, I had no idea being hardcore meant I wasn't allowed to enjoy music in my games anymore.  I'mma go tell all those composers and musicians that work in the game music industry to just pack up and go back to Mozart because casual.  

:rolleyes:

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~

Music isn't about "hardcore". That's a ridiculous argument. On the other hand, there have been multiple surveys of video game players over the last 20+ years that I've been paying attention. They have all shown a majority of survey takers turn off or significantly turn down the in game music (to listen to other music, to hear the game/combat sounds, to listen to the TV, doesn't matter). So why take the time, spend the money, if it will be, in effect, wasted on the majority. It doesn't make financial sense.

Yes, it looks good to say you have a fancy soundtrack. It's good for promotion, I guess, to have music in the back of your trailers. But that could easily be done with a bit of cheap, licensed music so it's not really an argument. But it looks good to say you have a soundtrack.

Has it ever sold a copy though?

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Good music  is essential for giving immersion and atmosphere in any video game or movie. Great examples are indeed WoW, Star Wars, Mass Effect and so many others.

Two of my favourite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuInLSzY8rs

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4

This is said over and over again and it is provably false. When you are out in the woods, why would there be a score? It isn't like an orchestra follows you around. Music, if properly done, would only be in areas music would be played. Spilling out from a tavern window. Around a campfire. A soundtrack everywhere you go, and especially combat music, is so immersion breaking it's laughable. The exact opposite of creating an "atmosphere". This isn't a move, it's a world. Big, big difference.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.