Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mellolily

The Final Count Down

And then when the KS finishes and ACE has attained copious amounts of money for our gaming enjoyment...

Sweet Victory

Edited by IshotMarvin

"Remember: the greatest fault of a human being is to imagine oneself to be flawless; the next greatest is to imagine that acceptance of one’s faults negates said faults."

So they got 1.4 million dollars from KS... doesn't the average AAA MMO development cost somewhere between 100-500 million dollars?

even more... I'm sure WS took a couple billion dollar, because you know, it was such an awesome MMO, that only had the best possible mechanics and only the real hardcore players can see it!

Edited by freeze

even more... I'm sure WS took a couple billion dollar, because you know, it was such an awesome MMO, that only had the best possible mechanics and only the real hardcore players can see it!

Hey, don't hate on neon blue and bright red seizure inducing pvp. If you can play for more than 30 minutes straight without going into a coma you're hardcore in my book!

Hey, don't hate on neon blue and bright red seizure inducing pvp. If you can play for more than 30 minutes straight without going into a coma you're hardcore in my book!

Guess I can't argue with that ;)

KS is just one of many phases of funding.

Phase 1 was their own money as seed capital. Phase 2 was getting some small funding to get to phase 3. Phase 3 is Kickstarter. Phase 4 will probably be on-going crowd funding from the web site. Phase 5 is likely sell-through.

Also, 100+ million dollar MMOs need to hire buildings full of content developers to create and manage the static world that the player base will be consuming... 2000+ quest chains, raid content, boss fights, and all that other PvE fluff is really where the money goes.

So if you build a smart system where the players make the game content, you shift most of the cost to the folks paying for the thing in the first place. So you can get triple-A games, without triple-A cost.

I'm really glad that the kickstarter is almost finished and that ACE has reach almost double their goal. I do believe that they will continue to crowdfund even after the KS has ended, kinda like how Star Citizen did. However they do it. I'm really looking forward to the game.

Edited by DraceR