Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

Still No Gvg Ruleset

It makes sense, ACE is committed to delivering the most "hardcore pvp" and "newbie unfriendly" ruleset in the Dregs and then went to the opposite of the spectrum to get a home for the more "casual", less politics, enforced factions systems in God's Reach (3 faction).

Latest stretch goal is now the Infected, a 12 way faction war which will add more chaos, but still everyone with factions holds hands. 

ACE knows they got us SB types by the ...stones... and were not going anywhere so GvG is last on the list.... I get it... Smart move.

It makes sense to have the newbie friendly/casual rulesets in place.  In SB terms it provides a "Noob Island", though its more analogous to EVE's Empire space/low sec. A place where new players, casuals, and carebears can start out and ease their way into the level of risk and pvp they are comfortable with, while still keeping the subscription going.  At least we get Minotaurs out of the deal.

C'est la vie. 

Here is hoping we make 1.6M and stretch goal is for Shadows/GvG.  

Isn't Shadowbane more like the Dregs' unrestricted FFA ruleset than the Shadow's enforced GvG ruleset?

I'm thinking that true SB types will be on the Dregs where the PvP is unrestricted.

If you ask me, the Shadow will be "noob friendly" GvG in comparison to the Dregs' "hardcore" GvG.

On the razor-thin edge of the Hunger lies the Dregs... Worlds utterly drained of warmth, about to shatter into dust. Alliances between Guilds are weak and brittle. These every-man-for-himself Worlds are deadly and unforgiving - yet they yield the greatest reward for those who can survive.
Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Isn't Shadowbane more like the Dregs' unrestricted FFA ruleset than the Shadow's enforced GvG ruleset?

I'm thinking that true SB types will be on the Dregs where the PvP is totally unrestricted.

It could be.  JTodd already said GvG is supposed to be SB.  I don't think we know the true details yet, but I would think anything where the question of who "wins" is  your 10 or 20 man groups achievement (vs a single player's achievement) is closer to Shadowbane.

Dregs is Roguebane :)

Like, you can't actually have guilds in the Dregs, it literally is FFA. When I first read about the game, that's how I saw it. Hopefully I'm wrong!

ya, but if there are no guilds, there will be no city building, there wont be any sieges, there wont be any PoI claiming, there wont be any caravans

it's all that stuff that just can't be done by a single person.

and if it can't be done by a single person, then people will band together anyways.

But if they disable grouping mechanisms, then people will be highly annoyed, because they have to circumvent the restrictions.

It's just weird imo

They said Dregs had guilds (don't make me find where).

Anyway, go check the new stretch goals list.. it's obvious The Shadow is being ignored at this point, perhaps this proves the Dregs=Shadow theory.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

They said Dregs had guilds (don't make me find where).

Anyway, go check the new stretch goals list.. it's obvious The Sha dow is being ignored at this point, perhaps this proves the Dregs=Shadow theory.

Based on the new goals, you might be right. Was dismayed to see tournaments before Shadows/guild support.

No, the Dregs is the ruleset you guys are going to want.  I picked the Dregs first because we might not have made ANY stretch goals, and I wanted to make sure you guys were covered on the core experience.  

Once it was apparent we were going to be able to do more, I went back to 3 faction, because I was trying to test the edge cases of the design.

Then we picked 12 faction, because it supports the narrative.

Honestly, it was a gut call on which one should be done and in which order.  I think this is the right approach.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

No, the Dregs is the ruleset you guys are going to want.  I picked the Dregs first because we might not have made ANY stretch goals.  Once it was apparent we were going to be able to do more, I went back to 3 faction, because I was trying to test the edge cases of the design.  Then we picked 12 faction, because it supports the narrative.

Honestly, it was a gut call on which one should be done and in which order.  I think this is the right approach.

Todd

ACE

Don't you need the Shadow ruleset for GvG tournaments?

rSHxVEY.gif

No, the Dregs is the ruleset you guys are going to want.

That looks a lot like a confirmation that GvG and FFA are not mutually exclusive.  Just because the Dregs lack restrictions on killing your own Guildmates doesn't mean it won't be a place where guilds fight guilds.  It just means they need to be more careful about who they trust.

IhhQKY6.gif

No, the Dregs is the ruleset you guys are going to want.  I picked the Dregs first because we might not have made ANY stretch goals, and I wanted to make sure you guys were covered on the core experience.  

Once it was apparent we were going to be able to do more, I went back to 3 faction, because I was trying to test the edge cases of the design.

Then we picked 12 faction, because it supports the narrative.

Todd

ACE

I've been in the Dregs for a while now.  It feels like home :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

omgz he visits the sewers.

I still think it'll make it into the game. There's a year and 8 months until launch. Plenty of time to put in a toggle switch.

What kind of mechanics do you want from The Shadows that you don't think will be in The Dregs?

IhhQKY6.gif