Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

Still No Gvg Ruleset

guess the shadows ruleset is deleted

Or nobody has any idea what it even is yet.  I don't get why people have strong opinions about a ruleset they know almost nothing about.

Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif

guess the shadows ruleset is deleted

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions What does FFA mean for Dregs? One individual winner, or can a guild win?

A: @zenjah @CrowfallGame it's still a guild-based team structure. FFA just means you can whack your guildmates.

Or dregs has friendly fire and shadow doesn't, maybe?

Edited by Hax

seems simple to me...

in Dregs...FF hits everybody....

in Shadow, FF hits everyone except those in your Guild...

i'd bet that in God's Reach, the FF hits everyone that doesn't follow your "god".....and the same in the three factions rules

that's how i'm reading it so far....i don't see the confusion....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Or nobody has any idea what it even is yet.  I don't get why people have strong opinions about a ruleset they know almost nothing about.

I agree, but I really wish for one exclusive rulesets where factions aren't pre-determined.

I don't think there's enough population to sustain more.

seems simple to me...

i'd bet that in God's Reach, the FF hits everyone that doesn't follow your "god".....and the same in the three factions rules

Perhaps you've missed my thread on Friendly Fire.. I wouldn't blame you, since its a couple of weeks old. Anyway, Todd (or was it Tully?) said that Friendly Fire was going to be in every ruleset, and if requested it could be dumbed down (less than 100% damage or introducing debuffs) on "less hardcore" shards like God's Reach and The Infected.

Now Todd seems to deny that, but anyway if FF was the only difference I wouldn't even bother adding The Shadow.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Perhaps you've missed my thread on Friendly Fire.. I wouldn't blame you, since its a couple of weeks old. Anyway, Todd (or was it Tully?) said that Friendly Fire was going to be in every ruleset. Then he said that eventually FF could be dumbed down on shards like God's Reach and The Infected.

yeah...i think i missed the Thread...but isn't it exactly what i typed?

friendly fire on for ALL in Dregs (FFA rules)

FF hits everyone but your Guild

FF hits everyone not aligned to the same god

FF hits the other two Factions

that's "dumbing down" FF to fit each Ruleset....yes?

so...again...where's the confusion?

seems pretty simple to lil ole meh...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

yeah...i think i missed the Thread...but isn't it exactly what i typed?

friendly fire on for ALL in Dregs (FFA rules)

FF hits everyone but your Guild

FF hits everyone not aligned to the same god

FF hits the other two Factions

that's "dumbing down" FF to fit each Ruleset....yes?

so...again...where's the confusion?

seems pretty simple to lil ole meh...

No. What Tully meant was: FF everywhere.. and if it turned out to be a bad choice they would "dumb it down" (like no 100% damage, or debuffs of some sort). There ya go: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2357-friendly-fire-explained/?p=60671

Which means: no difference in The Shadow over The Dregs.

Again, this is being denied by Todd now, and some of us are wondering if The Shadow is really needed at this point.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

No. What Tully meant was: FF everywhere.. and if it turned out to be a bad choice they would "dumb it down" (like no 100% damage, or debuffs of some sort). There ya go: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2357-friendly-fire-explained/?p=60671

Which means: no difference in The Shadow over The Dregs.

Again, this is being denied by Todd now, and some of us are wondering if The Shadow is really needed at this point.

Friendly fire may work differently in different rulesets.  Even if it exists in all of them doesn't mean it is the same in all of them.

IhhQKY6.gif

Friendly fire may work differently in different rulesets.  Even if it exists in all of them doesn't mean it is the same in all of them.

That's what I said... and in that case do you really want a shard identical to the Dregs with no guildmates friendly fire? We're already a niche..

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Most of this is really speculating about rules that probably arent even fully established by devs yet. Im more curious about differences in victory conditions between the dregs and the next level up.

PFq3vWQ.png

That's what I said... and in that case do you really want a shard identical to the Dregs with no guildmates friendly fire? We're already a niche..

No, I don't.  But if someone else does, I don't see much point in telling them they can't have the ruleset they want.  I hope the Dregs are popular enough that we don't have to strongarm people into playing there.

I expect there will be more differences and we are just going to have to wait to find out what they are.

One mechanic that comes to mind is Import Rules.  If you've accumulated some fancy crafted gear and want to bring it into a new campaign, you might not be able to do that in the Dregs.  If the Shadow allows it, that would be a significant difference.

IhhQKY6.gif

No, I don't.  But if someone else does, I don't see much point in telling them they can't have the ruleset they want.  I hope the Dregs are popular enough that we don't have to strongarm people into playing there.

I expect there will be more differences and we are just going to have to wait to find out what they are.

One mechanic that comes to mind is Import Rules.  If you've accumulated some fancy crafted gear and want to bring it into a new campaign, you might not be able to do that in the Dregs.  If the Shadow allows it, that would be a significant difference.

You see, this is what I can't tolerate. Why should everyone be entitled to a ruleset? If we start splitting shards to accomodate every request out there, we're gonna end up with a singleplayer game. Anyway I do agree with Alyriel, we're mostly speculating here.. so let's wait for some new infos. G'night

y9tj8G5.png

That would basically mean no FF in those campaigns. Friendly fire means you can.... fire upon... friendlies. I don't necessarily think it's bad to turn it off in certain rulesets, but so far they've said they're going to try to have it on for all rulesets. The only exception to that is what they have in the Physics FAQ regarding a potential need for debuffs:

15. Does that mean that I can be hit by friendly fire?

Wherever possible, yes -- but we have to make sure that this is balanced. Some rules sets (like the infected worlds, which are Faction based) divide players automatically into teams. We have to make sure that players can't join teams specifically to take advantage of friendly fire to grief their own "teammates."

Our plan is to try and apply debuffs to players for doing damage to or killing their teammates (the gods curse you for your incompetence). If this proves not to be a good enough deterrent, however, we may have to turn friendly fire off for particular Campaign worlds.

And Tully's response to player concerns that only FFA would have it makes it clear they're trying to make it work everywhere and won't decide to turn it off unless they have to:

I'm not entirely sure how you can read an FAQ that mentions the possibility of turning off friendly fire on 1 or 2 of the announced rulesets, and to you that translates to "only FFA has friendly fire". 

Make no mistake, we'll be working and testing this area heavily and we'll find what works best for each campaign ruleset. We might find a way to execute it well on all of them, we may not. 

It's best not to jump to hyperbolic conclusion's when we're being very forward and open with our thinking with you on this. 

Edited by leiloni

seems simple to me...

That's exactly how I read it as well.

CF_Van.png

Too many rulesets can do much more damage than help (especially if each broad ruleset has its own subset of varying campaigns).  Maybe we're getting lucky and they're just removing "The Shadows" and keeping it to three simple things:  Carebear, RvR, FFA PvP.  Well, not really getting lucky as strictly FFA PVP would have been tens of times better, but yea.