Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

Still No Gvg Ruleset

Why would I care if people nutcup in the dregs?  I don't even get why people cared if someone nutcupped on live.  I preferred playing in smaller guilds with no allies.  Sometimes we lost poorly made socks cause the people we spanked actually played politics.  That's fine - that's my guilds decision to not give a poorly made socks about politics.  

Just cause I don't want to participate in a part of the game doesn't mean I want the developers to remove that style of play.  That's also why I really dislike the foundational design of crowfall.  It's so silly to separate out "styles of play" into their own realms or whatever.  The best part about SB was that it was a big bottom melting pot of players.  'MERICAAAAAAAAAAA.  Goddamn commies.

Also, there was nothing more fun than taking a few people and ruining a big guilds day by having a good combination of timing/intelligence/skill.  If it's strictly FFA, then all you can do is have leetskeet duels that no one cares about besides nerds like shuyin.

Edited by frobobo

I wonder if this how Newton felt explaining calculus to people.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

which one's carebear, the Gods? I think it wouldn't benefit at all removing the Shadows. Guilds like to stretch their epeen and if you remove the Shadows, they'll do it the only place they can: The Dregs. Do you really want nutcupping in the Dregs?

duuuuuuuuuuuuude

Dregs is made for guilds. How long is this argument going to last?

y9tj8G5.png

so your entire guild can get the win conditions on exports? Must've missed that post. maybe it was on twitter or KS.

Yes.  Confirmed on Twitter and page two of this thread:

todd coleman: @zenjah @CrowfallGame it's still a guild-based team structure. FFA just means you can whack your guildmates.

IhhQKY6.gif

that says: sure, guild-based team structures will still exist in the Dregs and of course you can kill whoever you want in the Dregs. Obviously, your guild isn't going to dissolve and your crest isn't going to go blank when you go into the dregs. If it changes, it changes. But it's the win conditions and the export conditions that will make any campaign different from another. Call it Zerg Donkey Punch Metroid for all I care, but if only a certain number of players or a certain subset of players can have the win condition and thus the best export conditions, then it's obviously different from another campaign with different conditions.

So SuperZerg goes into the dregs with their 500 man guild, owns all, and all 500 of them can walk out with the majority of the resources while ePeen and CarebearUno have been battling it out 1v1 the whole time?

The question I asked might provide a bit more context for the answer he gave:

@CrowfallGame #CFQuestions What does FFA mean for Dregs? One individual winner, or can a guild win?

So his answer does seem to confirm that a guild can win the Dregs, and not just that they will exist in the Dregs.

Can a 500 man SuperZerg win it?  Probably. Nothing has been mentioned about guild size limits.

Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Until they answer how many can win the dregs, then you can't really know how many are losing. 1,000 people fighting for 1 man to win is a bit silly unless it's on a short timer.

And your quote only includes the question not the answer.

I posted the answer first and then added the question to further clarify it because you still seemed confused about whether or not the answer had to do with win conditions.  The answer is that a guild can win the Dregs.

The Dregs are NOT a "one man wins" ruleset.

I'll post them together here one more time:

@CrowfallGame #CFQuestions What does FFA mean for Dregs? One individual winner, or can a guild win?

@zenjah @CrowfallGame it's still a guild-based team structure. FFA just means you can whack your guildmates.

That seems pretty clear to me.
Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif

That's supposed to imply the number of winners? I didn't get a decoder ring with my KS pledge.

So you're telling me that your quote implies there's more than one winner? He didn't answer your question completely. Was this just to show off he answered your twitter question. I see now.

Coz all he really did was define FFA.

What does FFA mean for Dregs?

FFA just means you can whack your guildmates.

The other one?

One individual, or can a guild win?

It's still a guild-based team structure.

It didn't imply much. You blue in the face yet or shall we keep going?

One could be a guild, nation or team, it doesn't necessarily mean a single individual. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

You blue in the face yet or shall we keep going?

Wow.  I was honestly just trying to answer your question.  I guess I didn't realize you were trolIing.  Sorry.  My bad.

Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif

We aren't nerd raging? Thought this was an epeen stretch? I'm not confused. I just don't feel that answer was adequate. Fruitless anyhow. I think the Shadows should still be in. Maybe they will and Dregs will be different. Maybe the shadows will be taken out and 5 mega guilds will control the dregs.

Dec 2016.

so your entire guild can get the win conditions on exports? Must've missed that post. maybe it was on twitter or KS.

OMG I AM SO MAD YOU ASKED THAT QUESTION.  I SHALL NOW RAGE INSTEAD OF ANSWERING IT.

IhhQKY6.gif

OMG I AM SO MAD YOU ASKED THAT QUESTION.  I SHALL NOW RAGE INSTEAD OF ANSWERING IT.

You don't troll as well as Headlight, try again?

wiDfyPp.png

I know.  I didn't even realize he was trolIing.  It was too cleverly disguised as poor reading comprehension.

Wouldn't that be your poor reading comprehension then?

wiDfyPp.png