Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

God's Reach/infected In Stretch Goals - Weird?

hey there, dont you guys also think its weird that they just announced the Infected Ruleset as a 1,5Mio Stretchgoal?

I had to overlook it, but when I pledged (was about 1,0Mio) I thought those rulesets:

-Gods Reach 3 Factions

-Infected 12 Factions

-Shadow Guild vs Guild

-Dregs 1vsAll

were the core rulesets of all campaigns they were started to launch.

Now that they announced it in stretch goals, I feel odd.

Just assume they didnt hit 1,4 Mio... what else would there be besides Eternal Kingdoms?!!

Can you help me out? What did I overlook?

9popews.png

The fact that the games core module only included the Dregs rule-set.

thats good to know, thank you! May I ask where did you read this?

I would liked it if they would have announced it on their kickstarter page 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/description

1e22ffa053a0dd70a927bc7ddfbc47c8_origina

there is nothing about "have to be implemented first" :/

(tbh I would like they would have implemented those rings BEFORE implementing relics/artifacts/mounts/caravans/femalecentaurs - I feel like this is a huge deal, those core rule set are going to rock - well I guess with that momentum they will be unlocked as stretch goals before kickstarter ends...but you know, its sooo exciting, have to check kickstarte revery 2h to see the progress ;)

9popews.png

I was also confused by this at first. Those middle rings were one of three major design points that really sold this game to me. The other two being dying worlds and multi-layered character creation.  I'm confident now that we will eventually see all rings though.

thats good to know, thank you! May I ask where did you read this?

I would liked it if they would have announced it on their kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/description

1e22ffa053a0dd70a927bc7ddfbc47c8_origina

there is nothing about "have to be implemented first" :/

(tbh I would like they would have implemented those rings BEFORE implementing relics/artifacts/mounts/caravans/femalecentaurs - I feel like this is a huge deal, those core rule set are going to rock - well I guess with that momentum they will be unlocked as stretch goals before kickstarter ends...but you know, its sooo exciting, have to check kickstarte revery 2h to see the progress ;)

Well, it is on the kickstarter page, you simply didn't read it.

It says THIS IS A KICKSTARTER FOR THE CORE MODULE.

Later om they describe what will be in the core module.

It is like half the text on the page.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

They were intending to launch with as little as Dregs to get the game out as soon as possible, because the stretch goals are making more things viable, they are trying to commit to launching with more of the modes...

I kind of feel like this is promising what's already expected... They were going to get to it anyway, and it's still going to be faster to get the game playable with just Dregs no matter how much money they get... so it's kind of like, "hey, were going say it's done after we get all these modes ready rather than just the first one, no worries, you'll be playings early access long before it's complete anyway".

Minotaur was a pretty big surprise, Mount's and Caravans were a big, well thanks for getting to that really important and expected feature :)

But I guess it's all for the best, actually adding something outside the original scope would be a waste of money, and even over funded, they will need every dime of it to get the game done, it's mostly just to patronize us.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

It's in the kickstarter, but it's easy to miss.  I also had the wrong impression, initially, since the top part of the description plus the reveals pre-Kickstarter made me feel like those were all part of the game.  Sounds like the final ruleset will be the 1.6 million stretch goal, based on what we've seen so far though.

Many people overlooked it in the kickstarter (myself included for the first day or two of the kickstarter), that they explained their full goal but then set the funding target for a smaller "core". I don't think they were trying to be deceptive at all, but you are certainly not alone thinking that other rulesets were already core. However, between this kickstarter and addition fundraising they can do between now and launch we should see these features in place regardless.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam

Yea, it was very hard to find where it sayd "dregs only" in the KS page, which was why the forum kind of exploded when people figured it out and started to complain.

Their goal was to roll out the rulesets as they went into development, but since we crushed the KS we are seeing them sooner.

Many people overlooked it in the kickstarter (myself included for the first day or two of the kickstarter), that they explained their full goal but then set the funding target for a smaller "core". I don't think they were trying to be deceptive at all, but you are certainly not alone thinking that other rulesets were already core. However, between this kickstarter and addition fundraising they can do between now and launch we should see these features in place regardless.

Oh bs , they were being deceptive on purpose. You think a FFA pvp only game would of funded? Come on now man... seriously?

Oh bs , they were being deceptive on purpose. You think a FFA pvp only game would of funded? Come on now man... seriously?

umm it did get funded....they hit the 800k Core module mark rather quickly.

The Dregs is first because it creates the foundation for the other campaigns. The 12 way pvp is next and I believe they picked that one because if they can get that right the other ones will be easy to implement. All that said, yes, as I've said I was expecting some people to be all "huh" about this due to how the KS was presented.

I role play a wordsmith.

Though I was also misinformed, I have no feelings of betrayal because I do believe all modes will be released eventually. Dreggs was the best to release first as it is FFA and it provides the most resources. Also, with the kickstarter reaching double of what they were looking for, hopefully they release them faster.

Edited by DraceR

I was surprised and confused as well. Really doubt they were in any way being deceptive but it could have been more clear. I'm sure things are just moving along at a fast pace for them and what was obvious to them wasn't as obvious for some of us.

For these stretch goals to be funded, does it mean they're included in the core module by winter 2016?