Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

48 Hours Remain: New Goals!

Combat pets, combat mounts, and summoning figurines.... Really feel like some of this should be archetype and class or discipline locked, specifically prohibited from certain Archetypes, while summoning figurines I just hope involve summoning your mount to you... not teleporting them from the eternal kingdom. I mean, we want GoT aesthetic, not Rydia and Yuna from FF...

If everyone has to take a discipline for pet combat that might work out fine, and if only certain classes can fight from horseback, or more specifically, maybe only certain kinds of attacks can be done from horseback, even if it's not an effective attack for your archetype, than that would help improve strategy and character diversity.

Here's hoping.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Only thing I can think is: Cancel pledge

Even if they dont develop it now, those damm pets will come in the future...

Please give us some info on these pokemon mini expansion

I couldn't think of one way to take out all of my excitment for this game, well, they just found a way

2whf87a.jpg

agrhh!  I can see the positive in most things, but pet system is just eww.  Not everyone wants to play a pet class!  And if these become an intergral part of combat, now everyone has to. 

Based on interviews, it seems to me like they want taming/pets to be similar to UO. Top tamers could walk around with a dragon or two but certainly not everyone had to (and they didn't). Popping taming skills onto any archetype is an option and could be seen as a way to specialize in a different thing, but surely not a mandatory one.

Based on interviews, it seems to me like they want taming/pets to be similar to UO. Top tamers could walk around with a dragon or two but certainly not everyone had to (and they didn't). Popping taming skills onto any archetype is an option and could be seen as a way to specialize in a different thing, but surely not a mandatory one.

What were the advantages/disadvantages to taming?  Seems like having an extra source of damage would be a necessity if there's no drawback for the character.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

What were the advantages/disadvantages to taming?  Seems like having an extra source of damage would be a necessity if there's no drawback for the character.

Drawback should be one option of discipline. 

Btw, upgraded to Gold.

WoW, from Amber, to Sapphire, to cancel pledge...to Backer, to Silver and now Gold.

Edited by finnelhir

UO had a skill system - you just trained whatever you wanted (no classes, no archetypes) but you had a total skill point cap so you were effectively limited on how many things you could be good at. Taming provided lots of power but sucked up at least 3 skills (IIRC) out of the usual 7 'GM' ones people had, so it was a choice. And then, if you lost your pet dragon (or whatever), it wasn't super easy to go get a new one. So, trade-offs.

$1.7 million Stretch Reward: Combat-enabled Pets!

Tame wild creatures to act as your companion, and craft magical figurines to summon to them to your aid! These Combat-ready pets are built as an extension to the mounts system, and will be useful for ALL archetypes -- they are not limited to a particular class or playstyle!

Please, please, PLEASE reconsider this, or lock it to a tallent/rune/etc.

They've said that pets will be an extension of the mount system.

They described the mounts as permanently killable, including the KS reward mounts (but with a way to apply the look to a new mount).

Thus pets will be like anything else in the game: don't take it into a hostile situation unless you can afford to lose it.

To quote JTodd talking about mounts:

- Yes, you can use them in Campaign, but they are still subject to import rules (like any other item),

- Yes, you can get other figurine mounts in the game (they can be crafted),

- No, they aren't permanent.

Combat pets means we have one more "sink" for tamed creatures than we had before.

Edit: correct spelling of JTodd's name

Edited by buc0727

soli deo gloria

Amazing goals!

Please, please, PLEASE reconsider this, or lock it to a tallent/rune/etc.

If taming combat pets is tied to a particular skill, not everyone will have one, much less likely a strong one.

Now if that is what you like, go for it, your character itself will be weaker but that's how this game works, and the more different skill they add to it, the better imo.

Edited by Krethys

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

Only thing I can think is: Cancel pledge

Even if they dont develop it now, those damm pets will come in the future...

Please give us some info on these pokemon mini expansion

I couldn't think of one way to take out all of my excitment for this game, well, they just found a way

Meh, it's a last minute stretch goal, they will be able to think it through in the next months.

There's a million ways to make a system with pets perfectly balanced (for istance: making it a discipline).

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

These stretch goals are definatley ones that I would want in the game, but they seem so far off for just under 48 hours of money-raising. I hope we can at least get the Tournament system, and maybe even the combat pets, which would be fantastic too. I think combat pets would be a nice edition but not one that I wouldn't miss out on if it did not get added. Tournaments, however, are almost a 100% need!

"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. Silence will be your answer."

- Javik, Mass Effect 3

Meh, it's a last minute stretch goal, they will be able to think it through in the next months.

There's a million ways to make a system with pets perfectly balanced (for istance: making it a discipline).

I'll be a crafter, so i'll not have pets (as a discipline). But i love the option.

And sure..why not? Gathering Pets?

Lol, joking.  

Well, I think disciplines are part of the core module right, they already achieved the goal for the core module right, they already shows some disciplines that will exist, including "beasmaster" right, if that's the one, why another stretch goal with the same thing?

I don't think it will be discipline locked.

I just ask for more info.

It'll most likely be a discipline. 

That's a start, thank you.
Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

We have to sleep sometime!

Tully you got another 42 hours to go, better get the coffee brewing. You can sleep when you're dead.... we have stretch goals to hit.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)