Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

48 Hours Remain: New Goals!

So long as there are trade-offs that are well balanced I am happy to see pets added to the game.  I wouldn't want them to be a ubiquitous staple.

Personally, I hope it stings when I kill your pet.  In fact, I'd like to see perma-death for pets.  I'd rather not see people quickly re-summoning their pet whenever it dies.

IhhQKY6.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It'll most likely be a discipline. 

Well, things have really heated up for us. We've been waiting to hit each stretch goal before we announce the next, but they're starting to hit so quickly that we can't keep up. We have to sleep somet

We all knew the 48h info drop was coming, didn't expect the Tourney System or Combat Pets though. Figured those would be post-release content. Bravo, ACE!  

If we can take the Tamer discipline to train up pets and mounts, does that mean the Commander discipline will allow us to train up hirelings and soldiers?

Also, I'm wondering what these tournaments will look like. Will they be special private campaigns which only the participating opponents can access? Will it be an arena match between the two participating guilds?

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Also, I'm wondering what these tournaments will look like. Will they be special private campaigns which only the participating opponents can access? Will it be an arena match between the two participating guilds?

My initial impression of the tourney system was "private" or "requirement-locked" (you have to have won previously) campaigns that built up over a "season" to crown an overall winner. The description in the update sounds more like a quick-turn match setup.

Basically... +1 on this question, ACE

So long as there are trade-offs that are well balanced I am happy to see pets added to the game.  I wouldn't want them to be a ubiquitous staple.

Personally, I hope it stings when I kill your pet.  In fact, I'd like to see perma-death for pets.  I'd rather not see people quickly re-summoning their pet whenever it dies.

tumblr_m97ed3OcLE1rxlmf0o1_500.gif

YOU....KILLED....FLUFFY!!!!

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I'll be honest, I'm annoyed Shadow wasn't the next stretch goal.  I guess that one's going to continue to be dangled in front of us.  All the same, the pets things sounds intriguing and tournament play is thrilling.

If you look at the definition of the Guild Tournament and the definition of the Shadow ring they are nearly identical. Once they have the Tournament in play it is a very small step to add the Shadow.

Remember, people: they are a small team so the smart thing for them to do is to link their project steps to stages of development; this is them doing a quality job on planning to ensure they can deliver added fun at each stage.

Bluntly, I'm liking their project planning in general; they've shown real awareness of how to make a game that continues to grow with time instead of some pump-n-dump like a lot of other games. They are clearly planning for this to last and improve as long as people like it. 

CopperStall

tumblr_m97ed3OcLE1rxlmf0o1_500.gif

YOU....KILLED....FLUFFY!!!!

Heh,

As for pets: they mentioned that they are summoned using crafted objects like the mounts. They have also mentioned elsewhere that those crafted objects suffer decay with use and more decay when what they summon is damaged. These crafted objects will eventually break and what they summon is lost.

Ergo: You. Killed. Fluffy.

This was made most clear regarding the KickStarter backer reward mounts if you want fine details. Note that the KS reward mount figurines can be re-crafted for visual effect but that they would have to link to a new mount. This permits the KS reward to be a permanent cosmetic reward but only a temporary in-game bonus.

CopperStall

Edited by CopperStall

Don't you guys remember the falconry discipline? IMO this amazing strech goal will not turn this game into pokemon, but will make possible discipline involving creatures.

So why it's going to be a pokemon "Carebear" feature? Sometimes some of you guys are very boring, you know? With all this anti-carebear speech... Sometimes we can also think a little before posting. We can help Tully sometimes with that.

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

Tully you got another 42 hours to go, better get the coffee brewing. You can sleep when you're dead.... we have stretch goals to hit.

I wonder how long they've been up. Meth would probably be a better option right now.

Note: they did not say that it was limited to 2 guilds; the only limit is any guild wanting to enter must have won a Campaign. Considering the 6 month to 1 year time frame I would presume that could be many guilds and quite the glorious war.

CopperStall

P.S. I hope this is a confirmation that The Shadow ruleset will be merged to the Dregs (since 1.7-1.8m stretch goals aren't ruleset related).

I'll be honest, I'm annoyed Shadow wasn't the next stretch goal.  I guess that one's going to continue to be dangled in front of us.  All the same, the pets things sounds intriguing and tournament play is thrilling.

If you look at the definition of the Guild Tournament and the definition of the Shadow ring they are nearly identical. Once they have the Tournament in play it is a very small step to add the Shadow.

I will add my voice to these questions / concerns.  The GvG ruleset is the one that immediately had my attention.  For completeness, I too feel it should have been addressed as part of these stretch goals (if not sooner prior to mounts etc).  If it really is a trivial dialing of "knobs" from the other rulesets, then go ahead and slip it in somewhere.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

I suspect that taming and training pets will be another crafter specialty and players will be able to buy fully trained figurines.

Maybe there will be a Tamer skill like Riding skill that has to be high enough for a toon with the figurine to be able to control the summoned pet.

Can I go into a player's EK and kill off all his mounts and pets before he can summon them in a campaign?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I will add my voice to these questions / concerns.  The GvG ruleset is the one that immediately had my attention.  For completeness, I too feel it should have been addressed as part of these stretch goals (if not sooner prior to mounts etc).  If it is really is a trivial dialing of "knobs" from the other rulesets, then go ahead and slip it in somewhere.

You quoted part of my comment but then ignore the rest of it where I cover the exact topic of your post above. Perhaps re-read my original post? The Tournament is a necessary step along the road to Shadow so they have posted that step first as a way to give people a taste earlier instead of making everyone wait until the full Shadow is ready. It is not trivial to go from Tournament to Shadow but the Tournament is well past the halfway point from nothing to Shadow.

CopperStall

Edited by CopperStall

If we can take the Tamer discipline to train up pets and mounts, does that mean the Commander discipline will allow us to train up hirelings and soldiers?

Imagining the commander summon a bunch of leatherdaddies like the Gimp from Pulp Fiction with blades.  Sometimes I hate my imagination.  Hoping Commander is more support buff related for one's nearby faction members.

You quoted part of my comment but then ignore the rest of it where I cover the exact topic of your post above. Perhaps re-read my original post? The Tournament is a necessary step along the road to Shadow so they have posted that step first as a way to give people a taste earlier instead of making everyone wait until the full Shadow is ready. It is not trivial to go from Tournament to Shadow but the Tournament is well past the halfway point from nothing to Shadow.

CopperStall

Not it's not.  It's conjecture.

Shadow is the carrot they can keep dangling in front of people since it was the most popular ruleset talked about when the different rulesets were initially announced.

I wonder how long they've been up. Meth would probably be a better option right now.

Which is pretty easy to score in Austin.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Sleeping is not hardcore devs, you PvE-loving casuals. You can sleep when you're permadead, in a casket with absolutely no fluff in it whatsoever. Does that sound good to you? No? Then man the custard up already and quit whining about needing sleep, just make me more stuff to stab. I can't believe all these disgusting carebear roleplayers on the team, ruining the game with things like mandatory "sleep schedules", sheesh. If you won't at least commit to working on the game 24/7/365 for the next 10 years I'm canceling my pledge pronto. 

Back to reality. The new stretch goals aren't exactly resonating with me, I don't care that much about a 1% bonus or tournaments personally. Pets has me interested, but how will combat pets affect performance? Won't everybody having combat pets wreck the framerate? I love me some pets, but I don't understand how it can work. 

Edited by emralled

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png