Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lucius

JToddColeman, why did you make W101?

Wizard101 and by extension Pirate101 are games like Pokemon in that they are easy to pick but hard to master once you delve beyond the surface. It's easy to say it takes no skill when you played for a few days or weeks but most of us who like me been playing for years know we have to gear up just like any other MMORPG, RNG can love or hate you, but the most complex part are battles. Dungeons are not as intensive as say a Raid in WoW but there are many mechanics involved. Dispel this or that don't blade on this turn or suffer for it. As for PvP it's even more complex as you have to build team synergy, construct decks of spells that help you and your team, be geared, using spells at the most opportune moment,  the ability to make decisions within seconds that can either make or break your team etc etc. Pirate101 takes this even further with it's Battleboard setting (Think sort of like Advanced Wars). Do I kill this first? Or that? Should I position myself here to take advantage of abilities? Location and positioning are very important elements in P101 etc etc. IS it as intensive as DOTA or a Pvp server on WoW? No. But it's not meant to be but it's not without skill. Those saying that have either never TRULY played it or they like me have been playing too long and think they have it all figured out. Which to some degree is true....I've been playing for over 5 years I definitely consider myself a "veteran" of the game. But there is always something to learn, something to master if you want to.

What drew me to The Spiral though was the world and setting. Sadly in some ways the Lore for the Spiral is lacking but in other ways it is very good. A great battle fought between primordial forces rips the world asunder and only the World Tree holds it together. The great Titans first waged war in the First World causing it to shatter are either long gone or slumber at the will of their creators sometimes foolishly awakened by the younger races seeking to control powers they cannot. This is but a taste of the lore, at first glance it looks familiar but once you (again) delve deeper you find the greatest Lore within quests and dialogue.

To simply dismiss these games as anything but great works is foolish.

FYI, almost all of the people I know from Wizard101 and Pirate101 are in the 19-50 + age range so the grossly inaccurate assumption that "tweens" only play is ridiculous.

Alric Ravensinger

dancing_gengar_icon__f2u__by_shadowninja

Or not. Ignorance is bliss.

But lubes...Like whiskey? Cause I love some whiskey. Munitions of peace, according to Henry David Thoreau. 

Cheers!

soOOOooOOooooo many Jokes...

but i mustn't....not flying the Pink tags, so must....remain...sort....of...civil.....sort....of....

oh hell...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Or not. Ignorance is bliss.

But lubes...Like whiskey? Cause I love some whiskey. Munitions of peace, according to Henry David Thoreau. 

Cheers!

Your sense of humor is apparently severely lacking. Ain't nobody got time for butt-chugging.

2eyfm20.jpg

Please please please stop trying to defend wizard101 we are so far away from that game here its not even funny. we all want something completely different from it or we wouldn't be here. I am all for us using the game as sense of community, but there's no point in us bring it up every thread

Your sense of humor is apparently severely lacking. Ain't nobody got time for butt-chugging.

unless Blasphemous shows up....

/hides

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

I think my sense of phrasing is severely lacking. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I think my sense of phrasing is severely lacking. 

no worries...have some single malt

---------------->  |_|

hang out with us for a while...we'll help ya with that.....among other....things....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

Please please please stop trying to defend wizard101 we are so far away from that game here its not even funny. we all want something completely different from it or we wouldn't be here. I am all for us using the game as sense of community, but there's no point in us bring it up every thread

It's a forum, the topic is specific about those games. There are other parts of the forum you can go to. Now stop your whining.

It's a forum, the topic is specific about those games. There are other parts of the forum you can go to. Now stop your whining.

I know its funny to put that in this forum I just couldn't take it any more LOL. You putting  Wizard101, Pirate101. and  Pokemon in the same sentence, was my breaking point. Right now there very few forum you can go to and not see something about wiz. You have to admit that the only thing in that game that was somewhat  challenging was PvP  

I know its funny to put that in this forum I just couldn't take it any more LOL. You putting  Wizard101, Pirate101. and  Pokemon in the same sentence, was my breaking point. Right now there very few forum you can go to and not see something about wiz. You have to admit that the only thing in that game that was somewhat  challenging was PvP  

Oh right, because you're "hardcore" right? You don't play "dem kiddie games" huh? That aside, half of the damn people that have come to support Mr. Coleman come from those games possibly more. Who would of thought there would be a lot brought up about it? Hmm.

Oh right, because you're "hardcore" right? You don't play "dem kiddie games" huh? That aside, half of the damn people that have come to support Mr. Coleman come from those games possibly more. Who would of thought there would be a lot brought up about it? Hmm.

You seem upset. Would you like a cup of tea? A laxative maybe?

I think it was to grab another group of gamers to have enough of a player base to support this new game. I remember reading Coleman say SB was his passion. By getting another community to follow him, the people from W101/P101 hopefully this game will have the staying power SB didn't have at the time. More people willing to pay, means he can keep his true love open longer.

None of those, I'd rather have you....with a side of eggs. Over-medium. But would you like some juice? Or NyQuil?

Eggs? Really? Seems odd. I was thinking more whip cream and chocolate, but we can try it your way. No need to go all Bill Cosby on me with the nyquill either. Just holler at me girl.

Eggs? Really? Seems odd. I was thinking more whip cream and chocolate, but we can try it your way. No need to go all Bill Cosby on me with the nyquill either. Just holler at me girl.

So cliche. I'm more of a meat and potatoes kinda guy versus sweets. The Nyquil was just to calm you down. But to get back on topic, I'm not upset but I just find it funny to complain about W101 being brought up in a topic specifically asking a question about the game. I've got nothing but love....and hate for you firestarter, you are after all the member who joined after me. Were are like clutch-brothers.

SB was ahead of its time and due to various technical shortcomings coupled with the brutality of SB pvp and politics meant there was virtually no way it could self-sustain from a budgetary perspective.

The first day of Carnage server's launch was a noob massacre.

In retrospect, I have never seen as much public butt hurt and whine demonstrated as I have during the first week of SB.

By the end of the month, most if not all, real carebears, quit.

To me, surviving that initial purge felt like an accomplishment,

But Play To Crush meant something then and it shall again. Hopefully, players (and especially non-SBers) have a little tougher skin now.

On the conflict/ conflict resolution/ meta-game side of things, I think people are more ready today than they were 10 years ago.

Either way, we shall soon (but not soon enough) find out.

Edited by ghirular x

Because he could, cause he wanted to, cause he was good at it, and cause he enjoyed it.

i thought that's why one wore fur undies...??

silly of me i guess...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png