Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Father Buff Is S2T

Adall

I hate slippery slope arguments. Do I think this is a bad move? Yes. Does it indicate that we will see a pattern of P2W support? Remains to be seen. I hope CF know in general P2W in their game design would be disastrous. If they implement P2W, I guess I'll sigh and start another wait until the next game attitude - they haven't yet, IMO.

This is where I am as well.

I role play a wordsmith.

good luck with that lol. Seeing as how we can only have three of these artifact/relic buffs on at time, no you can't just keep rolling them.

Think you missed the point entirely, i am using in game power through a paywall to snowball advantages on people that don't have that in game power. 

Anyone that has ever played a game at a highly competitive level understands that you should try your best to avoid advantages like this, because even if they are just .00000001%, people will use any advantage to create other advantages which can ultimately lead to victory. 

Think you missed the point entirely, i am using in game power through a paywall to snowball advantages on people that don't have that in game power. 

Anyone that has ever played a game at a highly competitive level understands that you should try your best to avoid advantages like this, because even if they are just .00000001%, people will use any advantage to create other advantages which can ultimately lead to victory. 

It doesn't matter if it comes from a KS backer reward or through in game means, if you can only apply it a certain amount of times, 3 in this case, than no you can't snowball anything. You are mechanically limited by how much power you can gain.

But I doubt you'll understand and ignore all that, as you continue your crusade against pay2win(that doesn't exist here yet btw) so back to my original reply: :rolleyes:

Looks like people don't understand what kinda climate this sets a game up for a year or two down the road.

I know, in a year, I'll have three days worth of combat only training advantage... Well that and all the time I was involved before them, and every other advantage I've accumulated that they will have to catch up on.

It's an MMO Sheen, if your looking for GoT the MOBA, your doing it wrong...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I know, in a year, I'll have three days worth of combat only training advantage... Well that and all the time I was involved before them, and every other advantage I've accumulated that they will have to catch up on.

As much as I typically feel like slapping Sheen about everything he posts, this time his concern is legitimate, even though his wording on the matter could use rephrasing. Yes, I acknowledge currently you'll only get few days of worth of passive training advantage and a minotaur that's 1 month ahead of progression, but keep in mind this has happened within 48 hours. The thing is, Artcraft is a company, and everything they've told us is marketing speech, anyone thinking otherwise should loan money to a stranger and understand how blue eyed they just were. If the community lets these minor, insignificant advantages pass or even worse, embrace them, soon they'll start stacking up, and before you know it there's a chance that without being a backer, you'll have no chance to withstand the competition during the first months to come. ACE will gladly take our money, and they'll gladly provide us with more incentives so we'll give them more money. While a slim chance, there's still a slim chance that this cycle will just get worse.

Edited by nehemia

Quite the contrary, it looks like they are trying to build a GoT moba. 

You do have to pay for this boost by backing the game... it is a pretty bad argument though.

Its a boost your not exactly paying for. Your giving them you cash in hopes of them not running off to china and cashing in like the rich dogs they are. Its a simple trade-off. A reward for backing. They could've not gone the ks route and instead gone via the fat cats that want to make their money back and then some investors. If throwing a few extra dollars in to get a statue that gives me a miniscule buff that will possibly net me a few people I can play with and not having to watch a game get monetized before my eyes, then its a few extra dollars well spent.

I was pointing to advantages gained via system. The minute they start selling relics and artifacts on the cash shop I will entertain that argument. Right now it's just silly. This is becoming a tin foil hat area. 

You can buy VIP tokens

VIP tokens can be traded to other players

Artifacts can be traded to other players

Thus you can buy artifacts.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

3 months into Crowfall, you will potentially have an entire day worth of training over your opponents who probably payed more for their copy of Crowfall than kickstarters did (assuming they didn't win their own shrine during the past 100 days of campaigning). That's game breaking levels of pay 2 win.

1 extra day of training on a skill that takes 15 days to train is a 0% combat advantage 93% of the time. I can feel the pay 2 win power swelling within me already. Nothing can stop my wallet funded domination!

OJN1n7E.png