Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let us name our Weapons!

I think it would be really cool if we could rename our weapons. For example, we could rename weapons we received as drops, or name ones we crafted. I think it would be cool because if we can loot other players, it would be awesome going around using their own weapon in combat, and everyone would know because if the name was something like "Jake's Blade of Thunder" and the person using it was name Kevin, it would be obvious Kevin was able to defeat Jake in battle.

Some rules would obviously be no inappropriate names, and if we receive another players weapon through looting we couldn't rename it (Kinda like in Pokemon)

I just think it would be cool if one of the strongest players in-game had a super powerful weapon and the first person to beat him got to claim his sword as a reward xD

7lXqKFL.gif

I have noticed that Valve has been implementing this, along with kill counts (special kill counts) for a lot of their items in TF2, and DotA 2.

It would be cool to let weapons tell you how many rivalry clan members you have killed, or how many killing blows on castles (obviously I don't know what is in the game, so this is just an idea based on non-existing content) you have gotten.

Sadly, these systems could be easily abused in an MMORPG-type setting. For example, two buddies could get together, kill each other over, and over; there kill count would go up. It's hard to counter this problem. If you make it so friends, or clan members cant do this, they could simply do it before joining a clan, or delete, then re-add the friend after they are done exploiting.

Edited by rs_navlaan

EOWWuhQ.png 

Another thing it would do is not let you evaluate attacking another player based simply on the item.  You name your sword Fluffy. Dont show its stats beyond say matterial.  Iron, bronze, steel, or whatever.  If you have a diverse crafting option it could have originally named the Bronze Sword of Ultimate Bleeding. With good stats and damag plus a gnarly bleeding effect. Some one sees a bronze Fluffy and thinks. Sweet I'll just take that wagon of gold. What's Fluffy going to do.Then bam he get hits bleeding damage and is suddenly in a world of hurt it would add flavor. If they see Ultimate Bleeding Sword they think twice.  Gives the potential for sleeper players.  Guys who have non flashy gear without cool names but sweet stats.

I would like to get away from PvP being based solely on what stats you have.  Being able to evaluate whether or not you can win just off of level and gear stats.  In the real world some one would have looked at Bruce Lee and gone " I can kick his ass.....think I'll take his wallet".  As we all know if they did that little 5'7" dude would wind up eating that dudes lunch.  If you want to attack some one make it skill to kill that dude. Not just numbers

I'd prefer weapon names to serve as a weaponsmith's branding, paired with a hidden component crafting system.

Blacksmith Fothdar creates a weapon using a set of components (Which he found through trial and error) with decent damage, and reliable durability (Breaks only after roughly a week of use if not more), he named it " Hardy " and brands it with his name (Players can see the crafter's player handle) or can opt to not brand it with his name (Anonymous) to keep his identity a secret or to make the weapon less trustworthy.

After he makes a lot of these, players begin to try to copy this design and claim it is a genuine " Hardy ", it might be identical to the original recipe, it might be a cheap knock off, and afterwards, new innovations or changes to the recipe are also named " Hardy " (Good damage, highly durable melee weapons).

I'd be in favor of only naming weapons you crafted, having weapons be only either NPC bought or player crafted and hiding the components of a weapon so players can research and discover new weapon effect (Burning damage, defensive boost, high durability for practical use).

Weapon characteristics could also be hidden (Except damage and rate of attack), not telling you how long it will last, what additional effects it has, only being able to find out through using the weapon and studying how ti behaves.  Odds are that last bit is never going to happen.

Crafting is number one!

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Shadowbane allowed you to do this. B)   Hardly anyone used the feature, since there was no way to inspect gear or anything to see what people decided to name their stuff unless they put it in a trade window.

But, I'd still like to see this level of customization.

yup...my mino barb swung a great axe named Pooky

I don't even wanna know what blasph and the peeps of OPP named their weps. :rolleyes:

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I'd prefer weapon names to serve as a weaponsmith's branding, paired with a hidden component crafting system.

Blacksmith Fothdar creates a weapon using a set of components (Which he found through trial and error) with decent damage, and reliable durability (Breaks only after roughly a week of use if not more), he named it " Hardy " and brands it with his name (Players can see the crafter's player handle) or can opt to not brand it with his name (Anonymous) to keep his identity a secret or to make the weapon less trustworthy.

After he makes a lot of these, players begin to try to copy this design and claim it is a genuine " Hardy ", it might be identical to the original recipe, it might be a cheap knock off, and afterwards, new innovations or changes to the recipe are also named " Hardy " (Good damage, highly durable melee weapons).

I'd be in favor of only naming weapons you crafted, having weapons be only either NPC bought or player crafted and hiding the components of a weapon so players can research and discover new weapon effect (Burning damage, defensive boost, high durability for practical use).

Weapon characteristics could also be hidden (Except damage and rate of attack), not telling you how long it will last, what additional effects it has, only being able to find out through using the weapon and studying how ti behaves.  Odds are that last bit is never going to happen.

Crafting is number one!

Ooh, ok so, this said, I think there should be a few different things that go into naming the weapon, so for example you'll have "Name of Weapon" then underneath, "Person Who Created Weapon" and then the "Brand Name of Weapon" o: 

I say to you: the Hunger is not your enemy. Your enemy walks among you, charming and handsome, with a tongue full of lies.

Ooh, ok so, this said, I think there should be a few different things that go into naming the weapon, so for example you'll have "Name of Weapon" then underneath, "Person Who Created Weapon" and then the "Brand Name of Weapon" o: 

That sounds perfect. There's hardly any room for error. I like the idea of the trial and error method. Having to physically Try out your weapon to see it's effects, and then they are perhaps discovered after using the weapon. Such as:

Phantom Blade

Creator: The Phantom

Traits

Damage: 15   Attack Rate: 12

???                       ???

???                       ???

"I came, I saw, I conquered."

Why not go a little further than that?

I think it'd be awesome to have a secondary skill, like crafting, where you can open up an interface and customize what the weapon looks like, but the cost to make it will be increased. As you level up your crafting skill, you learn how to apply certain powers to certain weapons, and you have to buy materials you wish to use for it. So say you want to have a stick as your weapon, and you have max crafting skill. You would be able to buy wood to shape the weapon into a wooden stick, but apply your +30 damage to it, because you learned the "add 30 damage" skill as well as the "Wood Structures" skill.

• 1 month later...

That could be great, for both the Roleplay and mark our own crafts :)

That reminds me the Elf Pile-ou-face in the Black Moon Chronicles, who uses 2 intelligent swords, one dark and one light : Bepher and Nepher.

He has a split personality according the sword he uses, and has funny discussions with them during his fights :D

pile-face-arcanes-lune-noire-img2.jpg

This would be great. It'd be cool for crafters to be able to do this, I'm guessing it would be pretty rad for a crafter to create an awesome weapon, name it and the having that weapon become famous and hear people talking about that weapon he made is if it were Excalibur or something.

Not that it'd be something a lot of people would get to experience but it'd still be neat to know that it could happen.

Plus I'd get to name all my swords Steve.