Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shadowbane community

jomini

We have a much smaller playerbase as is, and it is dwindling, as we lose people for being too disrespectful towards others they have deemed to be "carebears". I am not suggesting any favoritism or whatever about moderation... that post was made, it ran its course, its was pretty lame.

My question is, with the threads being taken over with the same basic stuff:
     What asthetic armor do you want
     Can we not have compulsory pvp

Can pvp be turn based

What minigames can we have

What are things going to look like

what dungeons/ instances are going to be like

i.e. the larger population is posting suggestions that ask to make this game like any number of other korean based mmo

Back to my question... with the above going on, threads constantly being deverted into if there is or is not going to be pvp, SB players voice getting smaller and smaller by the day, and a community that seems will help guild where the game will go... why should we stick around? If suggestions really are going to be voted on, and implimented as such, of course /other/ games will win said votes, and the manifesto that was posted originally seems to be thrown out the window.

Maybe I am reading something wrong.

I wish that they would just comeout and say if its going to be open world/ non-consensual PvP, so we can stop having every other thread mucked up by the exact same arguement "if its forced pvp or only pvp, i wont play. There has to be something for the pve people to do" "no, it seems by the manifesto that you are wrong there" "it doesnt say that, there are lots of ways to play against another player in a game of conquering, and not be pvping"

Ugh, its getting so old.

k653rIm.png

I am fairly optimistic J. Todd isn't going to cave in prior to releasing the actual information of the game.

But it has been stated that this game will not be catered to everyone, and not everyone is going to like the game's system, which speaks against of them turning this game into a carbon copy of every other MMO that is out there. Truth to be told, that might include us as well. As long as the spirit of meaningful risk vs. reward based conquest is there, I am personally willing to adapt.

Edited by nehemia

I just wanted to point out - if it did come down to voting I don't think it would be quite how you assume. There are a lot of '101' players here who are looking for something more hardcore. Not turn based, not anti-pvp. A lot of us are holding our breath, hoping it's more like what you are asking for as well.

The vocal minority is not representative.

SUP J TODDDDD.

On a serious note I wouldnt worry too much about it. Just based on the manifesto I doubt they will let their vision alter too much. Besides the wizard people are mostly worried about avatar customization and night day cycles and other trivial esthetics.

X6RBqg7.gif

http://www.play2crush.com/

Id wait till the timer on the top hits 0

They said they would be giving us hints along the way.

They are getting rid of people for being harmful to the community (not that I disagree), but the issue of open PvP is likely more harmful.

And with half the people we know who were going to be playing this game being banned before said announcement comes out, it goes back to, why should we as a community stick around? ( I am not asking every sb player to leave)

k653rIm.png

Stick around if you want.  I'll at least stay until I know if this is a game I want to play or not.

It will have open PvP.  I don't think the design and the direction of the game is going to change from our suggestions.  We can provide feedback like "yeah that didn't work" or around balance issues.

The 101 players worried about pets, minigames, cosmetic crap, safe zones, and PvE all ignored everything they've read and are clinging to the "J Todd" worship they developed playing wizzy.  This isn't that game.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I have a lot of faith in this team. I do not think they are going to take a design by committee approach, so I'm not worried. I think they have learned lessons and I'm hoping they have ideas to make this all work.

I believe they have a clear philosophy already laid out, with PvP being AT LEAST the backbone of it. In the end, I'm betting there will pros and cons that every player will need to weigh in deciding if this game is the right fit for them. Right now I think we just need to be patient and see what they have planned for a game that is "not for everyone."

tl;dr Don't worry about the suggestions at this point. Just be patient.

They said they would be giving us hints along the way.

They are getting rid of people for being harmful to the community (not that I disagree), but the issue of open PvP is likely more harmful.

And with half the people we know who were going to be playing this game being banned before said announcement comes out, it goes back to, why should we as a community stick around? ( I am not asking every sb player to leave)

The only people that heve problems.... well have problems. People are banned for trying to turn these forums into Magicbane 2.0 or the SBEmu off topic forums, beving overly abrasive and trolling for the sake of trolling alone. It is not what this team designed these forums for. Some people just don't get it and prefer to be hit over the head with a bat.. The fact that "certain people" were banned does not diminish my interest or opinion of this project in any way.

This is not MagicBane, this is not SBEmu, hell JTC already stated this is not going to be SB 2.0. They are not running an emulator by public poll or opinion to determine it's direction. I think with a team of twenty professionals they pretty much have the direction figured out to a large degree. That being said I am sure there is still room for feedback and debate on some levels. I would say feel free to engage in constructive dialogue with the entire community! If that is not your bag, and all you wantto talk about is PeeVeePee, well then, you're probably outta gas. There is always the Magicbane boards!

The only people that heve problems.... well have problems. People are banned for trying to turn these forums into Magicbane 2.0 or the SBEmu off topic forums, beving overly abrasive and trolling for the sake of trolling alone. It is not what this team designed these forums for. Some people just don't get it and prefer to be hit over the head with a bat.. The fact that "certain people" were banned does not diminish my interest or opinion of this project in any way.

This is not MagicBane, this is not SBEmu, hell JTC already stated this is not going to be SB 2.0. They are not running an emulator by public poll or opinion to determine it's direction. I think with a team of twenty professionals they pretty much have the direction figured out to a large degree. That being said I am sure there is still room for feedback and debate on some levels. I would say feel free to engage in constructive dialogue with the entire community! If that is not your bag, and all you wantto talk about is PeeVeePee, well then, you're probably outta gas. There is always the Magicbane boards!

Very well said.

Also by getting a bigger community they can draw move investors to the new company. I mean 900k cash on hand can only go so far.

Edited by thorbeinn

We have a much smaller playerbase as is, and it is dwindling, as we lose people for being too disrespectful towards others they have deemed to be "carebears". I am not suggesting any favoritism or whatever about moderation... that post was made, it ran its course, its was pretty lame.

My question is, with the threads being taken over with the same basic stuff:

What asthetic armor do you want

Can we not have compulsory pvp

Can pvp be turn based

What minigames can we have

What are things going to look like

what dungeons/ instances are going to be like

i.e. the larger population is posting suggestions that ask to make this game like any number of other korean based mmo

Back to my question... with the above going on, threads constantly being deverted into if there is or is not going to be pvp, SB players voice getting smaller and smaller by the day, and a community that seems will help guild where the game will go... why should we stick around? If suggestions really are going to be voted on, and implimented as such, of course /other/ games will win said votes, and the manifesto that was posted originally seems to be thrown out the window.

Maybe I am reading something wrong.

I wish that they would just comeout and say if its going to be open world/ non-consensual PvP, so we can stop having every other thread mucked up by the exact same arguement "if its forced pvp or only pvp, i wont play. There has to be something for the pve people to do" "no, it seems by the manifesto that you are wrong there" "it doesnt say that, there are lots of ways to play against another player in a game of conquering, and not be pvping"

Ugh, its getting so old.

When the time is right, they will make their announcements. Patience is a virtue. Until then, help us make this community an enjoyable experience for everyone.

This x 9000 I think too many people got it in thar mind that this will be SB 2.0 or that just because we signed up so early to the forums we gonna direct which way the game is going. Its fine to toss ideas out thar or state when you feel things are broken or how to fix it so that you can maybe influence the developers to bring something out thar that will work. but as armegeddon said they have a team of professionals and they know for the most part what they want.

I think alot of people gonna get disappointed because thar dream game according to all the polls and feedback they are giving isnt gonna be what the developers make. I am going to however hold them to what has been stated which is very little but i believe its why we are here on this forum so early cause we believe in the idea of this mmo.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I'm more concerned that the number of posts suggesting these points are harmful than that we will actually have a game that mentality... That by the time the game actually comes out, 80% of the population will be those people.

k653rIm.png

I'm more concerned that the number of posts suggesting these points are harmful than that we will actually have a game that mentality... That by the time the game actually comes out, 80% of the population will be those people.

Then we will drown in their tears when the 20% are unleashed on them in game.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Worst yet.... launch day only comes with 80% of the game.

I would love to discuss things, but most threads in suggestions are full of the argument of if there is or is not going to be ________ (usually PvP, pve, mounts, etc.)

Its toxic to the community.

k653rIm.png

When the time is right, they will make their announcements. Patience is a virtue. Until then, help us make this community an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Patience is difficult. Can't we attempt a different virtue???? Pleeaassseeeee!

As armegeddon stated, I would have absolutely NO hope for this project to go anywhere if their rationale for development was "hey, I have a couple of million, so.....lets launch a forum to see how we spend it."

I think the discussions are healthy and lays the foundational blocks for building a community; even if the level of engagement for some is occasionally checking in for progress.

I think it's a pretty solid given that this game will be PVP driven.

My only concern is how you expand the base and give the victims a reason to log in.

i thinnk a lot of folks are worried about pee in a hurricane...if you will pardon the crudity of the analogy...and even if you don't

does anyone really have an issue with the tiny fraction of one community that got themselves tossed outdeliberately by pushing the boundaries with gummy bear crap?

nah, yeah..there are some good Players in that faction, but c'mon....even i don't think that kind of shyte is funny on any level

but i digress

why oh why do some get their panties in a twist over things that don't even exist yet?

time enough to argue and kvetch when we HAVE real info, whinging over speculation is sillier than even....well, meh...

between now and then...while we are spending more than 40 days in the wilderness searching for some mana from heaven to sustain us in our trek to the promised land....have some fun, make some friends, make some enemies

and for the love of Moloch.....stop whining, ffs...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...