Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jomini

Shadowbane community

Worst yet.... launch day only comes with 80% of the game.

Pffft..  By today's standards, I would love to play an 80% finished game.  In today's world of half-baked $50 alpha-access, or people paying $10,000 for space ships for a game not even IN alpha...what more could be expected?

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I would love to discuss things, but most threads in suggestions are full of the argument of if there is or is not going to be ________ (usually PvP, pve, mounts, etc.)

Its toxic to the community.

You are more than welcome, as a member of the community to start threads on topics you wish to discuss! Simply disregard the rest. I must be having some cognitive disconnect though. I am trying to understand what it is exactly that you consider "Toxic"?

The creation of threads discussing the pros and cons of possible game aspects that include, among others, PvP, PvE, Mounts, Flight, Ships etc. are "Toxic" to the community? If this is what you are in fact trying to say, can you at least explain why you think it is toxic? 

ummm...meh!!!!

meh am toxic!!!

don't touch...hell, stay out of the zone even, i could be contagious....

andf i lick all mah lootz so they is infected too

but i digress...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

You are more than welcome, as a member of the community to start threads on topics you wish to discuss! Simply disregard the rest. I must be having some cognitive disconnect though. I am trying to understand what it is exactly that you consider "Toxic"?

The creation of threads discussing the pros and cons of possible game aspects that include, among others, PvP, PvE, Mounts, Flight, Ships etc. are "Toxic" to the community? If this is what you are in fact trying to say, can you at least explain why you think it is toxic? 

Posts focusing on purple gear, pets, cosmetic items, safezones, and avoid PvP are toxic to a game where "PvP will be a major focus"

Too many people reading but not understanding the stated goals of the dev team.  There is going to be much disappoint on these forums as info is revealed.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

and for the love of Moloch.....stop whining, ffs...

Excelsior!

Two things, whining only fuels the board warriors(and your tears), and how the hell did you get Moloch to take love.....the sign on the temple said blood only. :) Edited by thorbeinn

As armegeddon stated, I would have absolutely NO hope for this project to go anywhere if their rationale for development was "hey, I have a couple of million, so.....lets launch a forum to see how we spend it."

I think the discussions are healthy and lays the foundational blocks for building a community; even if the level of engagement for some is occasionally checking in for progress.

I think it's a pretty solid given that this game will be PVP driven.

My only concern is how you expand the base and give the victims a reason to log in.

Oh lord the twins are here.

JaxxsigWMCROWFAIL.png

Two things, whining only fuels the board warriors(and your tears), and how the hell did you get Moloch to take love.....the sign on the temple said blood only. :)

remember ...i was OPP

we loved you until you bled...and then a lil moar

and ...moi?

tears?

that's almost a Joke...keep at it, cupcake...someday you'll be a real boy

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

PVP101.

Sounds good.

Grow the community, one head on a stick at a time.

Hmm reminds of that scene from the video that won the promotion contest right at the end of Vindication. Showed the end of bane between CS and Dissent and there was lots  of skulls on sticks in the shot.

Edited by gauis

Hmm reminds of that scene from the video that won the promotion contest right at the end of Vindication. Showed the end of bane between CS and Dissent and there was lots  of skulls on sticks in the shot.

Hehe. Yeah.

Oddly enough while posting I just realized that for all the killing done over the years, I never had a decent screenshot of a skull on a stick....

/mind blown

You sound like you are trying for moderator... if thats the case you may want to learn to read the post.

While i think the topics of many of those things may be annoying, it is the fact that almost all of them have been derailed... let me show you how.

First somebody says something about,

"Hey I would enjoy it if pvp was (insert random idea) * in a bubble*"

then somebody productive says something also productive,

"Thats a cool idea, but if you put a knife in a bubble it will pop, how about (insert another random idea) * if pvp only happened in slow mo*"

then the toxic situation comes in and says,

"WOAH NOW, who said there was even going to be PvP?!?!? I for one hope there isn't, or at least that I get to opt out of it. If thats not the case, I certainly wont be sticking around for long. I cant believe you people think there isnt going to be an option in this game for everybody who doesnt like to pvp. Maybe you just didnt read what J Todd said, he said this game isnt going to be for everyone, so maybe there wont be pvp."

Now please note... there was a productive situation going on, people discussing ideas, and then something happens... this is what i am saying is toxic.

I have made posts, it happened there. I have been in discussion about mounts even ( though I may not be for them, I am not completely against them) so I was having a nice conversation there too. Every time PvP is mentioned, somebody throws the topic off topic and needs to tell everybody how if thats the case, they wont be sticking around.

This is against the CoC, its toxic to the communtiy, and it is counter productive to the suggestion that is being made.

My point is not to say that everything that sb players who got banned did was right, nor that no other players have been banned... simply that if this is being allowed, but forum bane is being shut down, what are we supposed to think?

k653rIm.png

You are supposed to think that the 5th thread about a game mechanic is conducive to progress when in reality it's not. However, talking about game mechanics rather than trolling a thread is seen more as productive than the 5th thread about a game mechanic. The 5th thread you can do nothing about (unless you become a mod and want to take the time to string those altogether), but the trolling you can.

That's the only real difference. We'll get a snack on Tuesday and 40ish days from now we'll have the whole picture and can focus on micro points instead of macro points.

You are supposed to think that the 5th thread about a game mechanic is conducive to progress when in reality it's not. However, talking about game mechanics rather than trolling a thread is seen more as productive than the 5th thread about a game mechanic. The 5th thread you can do nothing about (unless you become a mod and want to take the time to string those altogether), but the trolling you can.

That's the only real difference. We'll get a snack on Tuesday and 40ish days from now we'll have the whole picture and can focus on micro points instead of macro points.

The only thing I can do about people derailing those posts in that way is to report them, and if I were to do that, I would hit the report button so many times, I would likely get banned for trolling...

interesting how that all comes around no?

k653rIm.png