Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What About Mac Client?

Creator ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. about 15 hours ago

@Corey spitting out a client for other platforms is easy in Unity. Having a client with no platform-specific bugs, working with the latest OS updates/hardware, with a native interface, that is high performance and is ready to ship every time we update the PC client is the difficult part. All software is easy if you don't care about the quality standards for the people who have to use it. It's not a small undertaking to add client platforms to an MMO.

Corey about 15 hours ago

Is Mac and Linux support already offered with Unity 5?

Creator ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. about 15 hours ago

Also, I worry about a similar divisive reaction (that we saw about VR) from backers to a future goal around, say Macintosh and Linux client support. While it doesn't help those already on PC's directly, greater player numbers is what any MMO needs to be vibrant and interesting, particularly when our game is PvP and player economy focused. We should fight among ourselves in game, yet try to have a more measured discourse in our community outside the game. After all, we should all find common ground in making the game better, i.e. more true to what it is at its core. Finding the people who will be engaged by this particular experience will be something we're always doing, and we'll always need your help in doing it. And most new people when confronted by a factitious and bellicose community are turned off and turned away. It's commonplace with so many F2P MMO games and online games in general. I'm hoping we can be anything but commonplace with Crowfall.

Then you would've seen Gordon's comment on Macs. Ok, i'll feed ya baby bird.

Actually, no I won't. It was 1,000 comments ago. Hopefully someone else digs.

And then you proceed to feed the baby bird.

How bored were you o.0

I cancelled my pledge for this reason, I can't be bothered to boot to windows to just play this one game. Also wine is not even an option as this will most likely use DX11.

Shadowbane on the Mac was a buggy nightmare that I experienced first hand.

I am sure they don't want that ugly experience again.

If it will run fine in Crossover or some other WINE I willl be happy.

Also to gain a benefit of having a Mac client they would need to have it in a place Mac users eyes go. I don't think they wanna cut in Steam or the Mac App Store on the box profit and unless they hire a bunch of Mac developers they would need to have a Mac porting company like Aspyr, which would also cut into profit and create support issues. The cost to port internally would be more than a core stretch goal could provide. I would expect between 250kand 500k

CF_Karg.png

So...

Doing something in gaming design is always difficult, there must be always trade-offs. But life works the same way...

These two KS post means nothing to me, as long as we have enough persons who use mac to claim for that. That's why I created this thread...

EDIT: We can have a solo stretch goal in order to make Mac client come true... Only, people who uses Mac could contribute. Who knows

Edited by kalawatis

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

Check out the FAQ on the website under General #3

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54c967bb5592cb654ca24f0e

3. What platform is Crowfall for?

Crowfall is initially a game for Windows PCs. As for other platforms:

We expect that if a Macintosh has Windows compatibility and a 3d Graphics card it will work. We are not planning a native client at this time. Other OS variants such are Linux are not being considered at this time.

Realistically, as a small company with a game for a relatively small audience, we won’t be able to afford to support multi-platform clients.

Console is not completely out of the realm of possibility, but it is not a current priority, and would require separate funding.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I just provided the quotes. Bash me all you want. I'm not making this shlt.

headlight I'm not bashing you mace. Don't get me wrong. Thanks for pointing that. I really appreciate your help.

But I just pointed that those KS post aren't an ultimate answer.

I guess this is going to be hard, however it's possible.

Edited by kalawatis

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

I cancelled my pledge for this reason, I can't be bothered to boot to windows to just play this one game. Also wine is not even an option as this will most likely use DX11.

In an interview they were interested in DX12.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty