Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

No Moar "carebear", Imo...

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

And arguing with a stupid person is like hollering at a pig.  You will only frustrate yourself and get a sore throat, the pig wont even understand a word you said.

Bacon, blessed be the holy food, comes from a pig so can we use a different animal that doesn't produce the holiest of things.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I can only sigh.

Also, I spent hours eliminating the word Asian from the Shadowbane forums in reference to CN.  It makes me twitch to see it survive.

Bacon, blessed be the holy food, comes from a pig so can we use a different animal that doesn't produce the holiest of things.

Cows are pretty damn dumb

0azrFv0.jpg

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I can only sigh.

Also, I spent hours eliminating the word Asian from the Shadowbane forums in reference to CN.  It makes me twitch to see it survive.

Agreed.

CF_Van.png

The thrill of ForumFall has been coming in waves lately. It's like a boat that comes to port, and if you get there after it sets sail you're poorly made socks out of luck for another few days.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It's just a part of tradition to label such guilds as "gonzos" or o.O, even though it may not be technically accurate since they have to exist in a harsh environment. Surely the "Honor" guilds have their respective pejoratives for RPK/"evil" aligned guilds as well. We're immature "griefers," and they're squishy "gonzos." Neither is true in an absolute sense - some of us griefers are nice fellows when you get to know us, and some gonzos are undeniably pompous bastards when you get to know them. 

It was the same on AC DT, and that server's environment was in many respects much harsher than SB. The first time I tried to play on DT I was griefed off of the server before I hit level 5. Logging into AC DT was like walking into a high-security prison without a gang affiliation, but with even fewer secure grounds to gain respite from the stronger characters who were going to gleefully butcher you over and over just because (1) they could and (2) that's what they had to endure when they were in the same position. The non-RPK allegiances were hardly "gonzos" in a technical sense; on the contrary, they required highly talented PvP'ers in order to fend off the wolves. Nonetheless, they were still labeled as such, and they didn't really seem to mind.

I'll always refer to the non-RPK "honor" guilds as gonzos, and I really don't care to change the traditional lexicon out of misplaced sensitivity or otherwise. Many of those players are gonzos, anyway. Knights of DragonScale, if anything, were the epitome of gonzo tendencies. KingSteven has been murdered at his own in-game weddings moreso than anyone else in history, and often by ringbearers he had just PLed an hour prior.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.