Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

No Moar "carebear", Imo...

Speaking as a fluffy/gonzo, I have no doubt more than half of us will be demolished in the first five minutes. Have fun with the slaughter. But some of us won't find it hard to turn from monsters to other gamers... the best will adapt and Gonzo will be a badge of honor for the comeback kids of Crowfall.  

So in summary:

1. Gonzo made a movement to restrict modern day care-bears from receiving the title because they haven't earned it.

2. Tully tr0lls gonzo.

3. Everyone laughs.

4. Tully removes the term care-bear from the forums.

5. Gonzo is at fault for costing us the greatest word to originate from Shadowbane.

Thank the ALL father.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Speaking as a fluffy/gonzo, I have no doubt more than half of us will be demolished in the first five minutes. Have fun with the slaughter. But some of us won't find it hard to turn from monsters to other gamers... the best will adapt and Gonzo will be a badge of honor for the comeback kids of Crowfall.  

A lot of people (including those that played Shadowbane) don't understand the term care-bear. The term care-bear was not originally used to describe someone's ability to play the game. It didn't mean that someone sucked, had a poor template, or anything of that sort. It's hard to describe it but to use the Shadowbane Death server as an example:

LoD played Shadowbane the way it was meant to be played. We killed everyone and were killed by everyone. Nothing was personal. The same way you'd kill a monster in WoW, we treated other players that way. People took offense to that and felt insulted that they were constantly being killed in a PvP game. Those people that made personal attacks, recruited mass numbers, forged large alliances, and vowed to wipe LoD from existence, are the real care-bears. The people that will do whatever it takes to eliminate PvP.

So when I think of care-bear I don't think of someone as a terrible player. I think of people posting in general forums requesting that people be required to flag for PvP, or supporting the telegraph system, or promoting any idea that takes away from the core of what PvP is.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/Antifloj/Shadowbane/cchREmF_zpsazu85wq8.jpg~original

So in summary:

1. Gonzo made a movement to restrict modern day care-bears from receiving the title because they haven't earned it.

2. Tully tr0lls gonzo.

3. Everyone laughs.

4. Tully removes the term care-bear from the forums.

5. Gonzo is at fault for costing us the greatest word to originate from Shadowbane.

/release

/repair

/equip consumables

/gu DPS....RFS...

yep...i'll freely admit a rare thing happened and i just got completely Forum-PK'd....

allow me to note...he hadda haXXor the gibson ta do it....but it was done in truly EPIC fashion, none the less...

gotta give it up....

/golfclap

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Word.

Inhibiting PvP in anyway because they don't like the adverse consequences. I've gone on to include players that inhibit any feature of a MMO because the outcome adversely affected their toon, to include stealth, safe zones, etc.

A lot of people (including those that played Shadowbane) don't understand the term care-bear. The term care-bear was not originally used to describe someone's ability to play the game. It didn't mean that someone sucked, had a poor template, or anything of that sort. It's hard to describe it

So when I think of care-bear I don't think of someone as a terrible player. I think of people posting in general forums requesting that people be required to flag for PvP, or supporting the telegraph system, or promoting any idea that takes away from the core of what PvP is.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/Antifloj/Shadowbane/cchREmF_zpsazu85wq8.jpg~original

this one groks in Fullness...

now what was it ya were gonna say thorbeinn?

Edited by doc gonzo
changed Quote content to fit my point

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

LoD played Shadowbane the way it was meant to be played. We killed everyone and were killed by everyone. Nothing was personal. The same way you'd kill a monster in WoW, we treated other players that way. People took offense to that and felt insulted that they were constantly being killed in a PvP game. Those people that made personal attacks, recruited mass numbers, forged large alliances, and vowed to wipe LoD from existence, are the real care-bears.

Other than the personal attacks, I fail to see how building an army, forging alliances, and vowing to wipe you from existence are not how SB was meant to be played?

People will naturally find reasons to have conflict due to egos or whatever else. The absence of LoD would not have meant everyone sitting around farming mobs all day. Y'all just made yourselves enemies of everyone, and they saw you as enough of a threat that they felt the need to band together to defeat you. Consider it a compliment  B)

The absence of LoD would not have meant everyone sitting around farming mobs all day.

That was the goal of my example. Instead of playing a PvP game. Every guild allied together with a few hundred people to eliminate a guild with less than a hundred because we were PvPing.

I'm not in any way saying that it was a bad time. Care-bears made SB fun. I was just giving an example of how the term care-bear came about and what it actually meant when it originated in SB.

I didn't play Shadowbane, but what I have heard second hand is that the "carebears" were the ones who built the cities while the "non-carebears" went around destroying them.

See...without the "carebears" around, there would have been nothing to destroy.

Same for Darkfall Online. The most belligerent guilds on the EU servers didn't have ANY holdings...I mean NONE, but they prided themselves for going around and wreaking havoc in the "carebear" cities.