Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

No Moar "carebear", Imo...

Ok Tully the Gonzos are talking the PVE poorly  made socks again!   We are NOW perfecting that poorly mades socks?    

Well, I mean, what you CAN'T do if you have any interest in the success of the game is say "We'll focus on this aspect of the game. Say crafters. But anyone who enjoys melee? They're a Carebear, therefore let's ignore the melee aspect of the game, which already exists."

No. LOL. I have no doubt that there are indeed people who try every day to convince ArtCraft to become a PvE game, but applying that as a blanket statement to those who comment on the PvE aspect of the game is like saying that the melee part of the game should be ignored. Stick with magic and ranged attacks. You can't single out any one part and call it irrelevant. Not if you want a good game.

So sure, I have no problem with being a Carebear. But don't be ignorant of the part of the game that isn't your favorite (and frankly, isn't mine either).

Well, I mean, what you CAN'T do if you have any interest in the success of the game is say "We'll focus on this aspect of the game. Say crafters. But anyone who enjoys melee? They're a Carebear, therefore let's ignore the melee aspect of the game, which already exists."

No. LOL. I have no doubt that there are indeed people who try every day to convince ArtCraft to become a PvE game, but applying that as a blanket statement to those who comment on the PvE aspect of the game is like saying that the melee part of the game should be ignored. Stick with magic and ranged attacks. You can't single out any one part and call it irrelevant. Not if you want a good game.

So sure, I have no problem with being a Carebear. But don't be ignorant of the part of the game that isn't your favorite (and frankly, isn't mine either).

Right.  WHO has the "elitist" attitude?   Nice try Golden Boy.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

If the gonzo's from KI would leave Todd alone on Twitter and FB we might get CF a little sooner.

288mqgz.png

If the gonzo's from KI would leave Todd alone on Twitter and FB we might get CF a little sooner.

This makes me "giggle".  Bless you.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

At this point I really don't care what what the KI gamers were or will be called.  I can say I do hope they keep their damn noses out of the structure building of Crowfall.

So many came to this game for the promise of something new and exciting, tired of the same ol' thing.  I keep reading tweets and post that have so many similarities of the KI games.  I do not want another KI game, I do not want more of the same Fluffy Bunnies, everyday is rainbows and puppies.  The thought truly sickens me. 

Anyone who has been on these forums from day one, can for sure for smell something brewing around the corner.  The smell, not of bacon, something a little more furry perhaps.....I have watched from the beginning many of them come and go.  Many of them stayed away.  But for them to be coming back around now, what the hell does that tell you people???  Wake up! Money talks, and let me be the first one to tell you, they have it, they will spread it around, but you better know what you are asking for when you dig into those pockets!  

Let Crowfall be the game we all wanted and needed, PLAY 2 CRUSH, had a nice ring to it don't ya think??  

Edited by wicked_savannah

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mattis

What I don't think you understand is what a PvP game actually is. This isn't WoW where PvE has 95% of its developers and 5% of its developers are making some crappy arenas. There are PvE games, WoW/Eve/Etc. There are games that try to have a mix, GW2/ESO/AA. Then there are PvP games, UO/SB/DF. I have played my fair share of games but nothing has lasted as long as the games in the PvP category. The reason for that? The developers have focused 100% on PvP.

The commonality in those PvP games? The mobs were nothing more than an AI in the world as a small part of the game. They were mobs. Nothing more. The minute the developers start trying to create large fire breathing dragons and fluffy bunnies that can only be killed by a holy hand grenade it will diminish what this game is.

It is still too early to tell if this game is going to try to walk the fine line between PvP and PvE. I do know games that try to split the difference are unsuccessful. If this turns into another GW2/ESO where the PvP becomes a merry go round and becomes stale it will die. 

Here's to hoping that this game is dedicated to its PvPers and not another poor attempt at pleasing everyone in the community. The PvErs have enough games. They don't need another half-assed game with some PvE and some PvP.

lmao...

nope...just saying there's a big difference between Dragonscale...or KGB for that matter, carebears that you are...and some of this new sparkly stuff being tossed around here

basic hierarchy, imo....

SBer

other PvP type

carebear

sparkly

those who do not play online Games of competition

my ex

hope that helps....

I'm not sure why I read your posts anymore. They're difficult to read with all of the misplaced ellipsis and extra spacing between lines. Usually your point is completely wrong and it seems like you're just a troll who never got over Shadowbane going away. I have to ask though, how exactly do you classify KGB as carebear? I've played as an ally of KGB in AoC, Warhammer, GW2 and now ArcheAge. They are anything but carebear.

Sir William

Guildmaster - Purple Dragons

www.purpledragons.net

I'm not sure why I read your posts anymore. They're difficult to read with all of the misplaced ellipsis and extra spacing between lines. Usually your point is completely wrong and it seems like you're just a player who never got over Shadowbane going away. I have to ask though, how exactly do you classify KGB as carebear? I've played as an ally of KGB in AoC, Warhammer, GW2 and now ArcheAge. They are anything but carebear.

lol. I like KGB. Was even a member for a while.  But they were somewhat of a rp guild, They stood up for the little guy, fought with honor and helped random players level.   All commendable attributes, but carebear.

What I don't think you understand is what a PvP game actually is. This isn't WoW where PvE has 95% of its developers and 5% of its developers are making some crappy arenas. There are PvE games, WoW/Eve/Etc. There are games that try to have a mix, GW2/ESO/AA. Then there are PvP games, UO/SB/DF. I have played my fair share of games but nothing has lasted as long as the games in the PvP category. The reason for that? The developers have focused 100% on PvP.

The commonality in those PvP games? The mobs were nothing more than an AI in the world as a small part of the game. They were mobs. Nothing more. The minute the developers start trying to create large fire breathing dragons and fluffy bunnies that can only be killed by a holy hand grenade it will diminish what this game is.

It is still too early to tell if this game is going to try to walk the fine line between PvP and PvE. I do know games that try to split the difference are unsuccessful. If this turns into another GW2/ESO where the PvP becomes a merry go round and becomes stale it will die. 

Here's to hoping that this game is dedicated to its PvPers and not another poor attempt at pleasing everyone in the community. The PvErs have enough games. They don't need another half-assed game with some PvE and some PvP.

And some of these crows started after UO & SB, Anti. And boys and girls don't have a decade of experience what a true PvP game is designed in a medieval fantasy genre, or how it's going to be played out.

We will probably have players who are mainly been playing World of tanks and Mobas like League of legends for instance.

I admit that Crowfall will be a completely new experience for me too - since the overall character progression is different which create new 'depths'

in somewhat new PvP perspective views including strategies in a campaign.

That's why I predict that Crowfall will be an unique experience, because we can't really place the game into a certain genre.

As an old UO veteran - I'm very excited. :)

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

ACE should make a huge bear monster called Care Bear, than give it an opening move where it stands up dopely and stares at you... than rushes at your team and plows through everyone only going for the player it stared at.

... That would teach em ;)

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Shadowbane carebears are the perfect balance between PvP and PvE for the long-term health of a game.  People that are willing to fight each other and do all of the things that lead up to a rock on someone's yard, but aren't such a grinding weight on the enjoyment of others in the game that they mill the playerbase into a finer and finer dusting of unpleasant person.

It's why Mourning was the last of the original servers standing.  It put off the loss longer because of the carebears, not in spite of them.  Because they're not just there to wag their e-peens around and they're willing to engage other human beings as something other than a piñata.

You remember when the server closures started and people were talking about where to go?  You remember how a ton of people picked Mourning because it was full of carebears and roleplayers?  They didn't pick other servers with ostensibly better fights with more skilled PvP guilds.  They picked Mourning.  Because it was the best all round server and the reason they picked it, time after time and cited by their own words, was because of the very people they distained as harmful to the game.

I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again: predators that kill all of their prey starve.

Show some respect to the carebears.

/facepalm....

ok...let me just say this...

when an SBer says "carebear" it only means someone who cares at all about pixels...

it's really that simple...the PvPers have NO interest in the pixels themselves, just what fights they can get because of them...

a carebear is emotionally invested in their pixels in one shape or form...

that simple...

now, on to a "call out"....

I'm not sure why I read your posts anymore. They're difficult to read with all of the misplaced ellipsis and extra spacing between lines. Usually your point is completely wrong and it seems like you're just a player who never got over Shadowbane going away. I have to ask though, how exactly do you classify KGB as carebear? I've played as an ally of KGB in AoC, Warhammer, GW2 and now ArcheAge. They are anything but carebear.

well now...read me fer the entertainment value of insane ramblings couched in concrete poetry...

or not...

as for KGB....it's called a Joke...you know...good natured jesting about with folks you know?

sooOOOoOOoooo...you can untwist yer panties there sparkles...

now, you want to discuss my "points" or how "wrong" i am.....peachy!!!

otherwise i have to ask....do things taste salty to you?

the previous was all Doc's personal opinions and have nothing to do with Management in any way, shape or form....if there is any problem , feel free to PM any Mod, submit a Report or email support@crowfall.com...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

the previous was all Doc's personal opinions and have nothing to do with Management in any way, shape or form....if there is any problem , feel free to PM any Mod, submit a Report or email support@crowfall.com...

What has our world come to when this has to be typed as a disclaimer to keep people from getting their feelers hurt. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

What I don't think you understand is that the deadly nature of Crowfall worlds wasn't a Carebear idea at all. It was Todd's vision. No one gave him that idea.

What I also think that you and ellie and others fail to understand is that I don't WANT a PvE game. You seem to be under the impression that it is my goal is to purely make this a PvE game, and that is where you have made your mistake. My argument is not that there should be MORE PvP by any stretch. 

But anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that to NOT have a crappy game, you have to make sure EVERY aspect of the game is great. That doesn't mean adding to PvE. That doesn't mean there has to be ANY PvE. But what there IS should be good. Like I said, you can't ignore melee and just make ranged and magic attacks great. I'm not sure how the logic that every part of the game should be great isn't translating over to you.

As for things like dragons? Those weren't Carebear ideas either. One user suggests that we'd get Crowfall sooner if the Wizards and Pirates weren't around. Actually, we were the first ones in on Crowfall. I have a very early account on the forum, and that's already after it gained popularity. I signed up at Play2Crush in the first hour that the site was released. I was beta 1 before any Kickstarter project. As were most Wizards and Pirates. We've supported this idea from the start. If you had been around as long, you might also know that the first real dragon suggestions didn't belong to "Carebears" either. They came from the ArtCraft staff. 

So you've attributed ideas to Carebears that you don't like because you don't like them. Actually, they were ArtCraft's ideas. LOL. Secondly, you somehow assumed everyone suggested anything that you didn't agree with wanted a PvE game, which is flat out wrong. Finally, you've applied blanket statements that all of the players from a particular game want a particular thing, which is also incorrect.

TL;DR: I don't want a PvE game. LOL. Read the posts. I just want every aspect of the game to be great (not equal in focus, great). You've turned an argument about a term into one of PvE versus PvP, ignorant of the fact that that was never what anyone was arguing for here.

The real, on-topic discussion was the origin and use of "Carebear." My whole point was that I and other Wizards and Pirates are NOT interested in Crowfall being a PvE game, hence why the term should be used only in joking and not as a blanket statement or stereotype. You took what I said, flipped it backwards, and turned it into an argument for something that we both support.

What about Crowbear?

I was thinking of the least manliest bird and decided Cuckoo's would be the most insulting.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png