Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

No Moar "carebear", Imo...

What I don't think you understand is that the deadly nature of Crowfall worlds wasn't a Carebear idea at all. It was Todd's vision. No one gave him that idea.

What I also think that you and ellie and others fail to understand is that I don't WANT a PvE game. You seem to be under the impression that it is my goal is to purely make this a PvE game, and that is where you have made your mistake. My argument is not that there should be MORE PvP by any stretch. 

But anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that to NOT have a crappy game, you have to make sure EVERY aspect of the game is great. That doesn't mean adding to PvE. That doesn't mean there has to be ANY PvE. But what there IS should be good. Like I said, you can't ignore melee and just make ranged and magic attacks great. I'm not sure how the logic that every part of the game should be great isn't translating over to you.

As for things like dragons? Those weren't Carebear ideas either. One user suggests that we'd get Crowfall sooner if the Wizards and Pirates weren't around. Actually, we were the first ones in on Crowfall. I have a very early account on the forum, and that's already after it gained popularity. I signed up at Play2Crush in the first hour that the site was released. I was beta 1 before any Kickstarter project. As were most Wizards and Pirates. We've supported this idea from the start. If you had been around as long, you might also know that the first real dragon suggestions didn't belong to "Carebears" either. They came from the ArtCraft staff. 

So you've attributed ideas to Carebears that you don't like because you don't like them. Actually, they were ArtCraft's ideas. LOL. Secondly, you somehow assumed everyone suggested anything that you didn't agree with wanted a PvE game, which is flat out wrong. Finally, you've applied blanket statements that all of the players from a particular game want a particular thing, which is also incorrect.

TL;DR: I don't want a PvE game. LOL. Read the posts. I just want every aspect of the game to be great (not equal in focus, great). You've turned an argument about a term into one of PvE versus PvP, ignorant of the fact that that was never what anyone was arguing for here.

The real, on-topic discussion was the origin and use of "Carebear." My whole point was that I and other Wizards and Pirates are NOT interested in Crowfall being a PvE game, hence why the term should be used only in joking and not as a blanket statement or stereotype. You took what I said, flipped it backwards, and turned it into an argument for something that we both support.

I know what ability was GM'ed here...

tumblr_mj8p9ddu3v1s3wb20o1_500.gif

It has to do with the perception of the people around you.  I assume you are an adult from the proficient use of words and stuff and that's great but you lose people when you say you play a game advertised on The Disney Channel and primary played by children (because it's a game designed and advertised for children).  It's harder for those of us who try to play PvP to look at you as anything other than a child pretending to be an adult and yes it's a stereotype but one that you need to work past because frankly the SB/DF community isn't going to.  When the game goes live prove you aren't but until then your words fall on deaf ears bromego. 

Edited by mandalore

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

I don't know why he keeps typing honestly.

I'm from Wizard.

I'm a PvPer.

I hate the word carebear.

I like PvP.

This game should be amazing.

Even the PvP.

But so should be the PvE.

I'm a PvPer.

I dislike the use of the word carebear.

Redundant.

I just name them tramlings for the world of (Trammel) - it's the term @Gordon created in the old UO days.  :lol:

..'bears' are dangerous animals after all.  ^_^

Cuckoo's aren't dangerous. 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Cuckoo's aren't dangerous. 

I thought they were extinct.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

What I don't think you understand is that the deadly nature of Crowfall worlds wasn't a Carebear idea at all. It was Todd's vision. No one gave him that idea.

What I also think that you and ellie and others fail to understand is that I don't WANT a PvE game. You seem to be under the impression that it is my goal is to purely make this a PvE game, and that is where you have made your mistake. My argument is not that there should be MORE PvP by any stretch. 

But anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that to NOT have a crappy game, you have to make sure EVERY aspect of the game is great. That doesn't mean adding to PvE. That doesn't mean there has to be ANY PvE. But what there IS should be good. Like I said, you can't ignore melee and just make ranged and magic attacks great. I'm not sure how the logic that every part of the game should be great isn't translating over to you.

As for things like dragons? Those weren't Carebear ideas either. One user suggests that we'd get Crowfall sooner if the Wizards and Pirates weren't around. Actually, we were the first ones in on Crowfall. I have a very early account on the forum, and that's already after it gained popularity. I signed up at Play2Crush in the first hour that the site was released. I was beta 1 before any Kickstarter project. As were most Wizards and Pirates. We've supported this idea from the start. If you had been around as long, you might also know that the first real dragon suggestions didn't belong to "Carebears" either. They came from the ArtCraft staff. 

So you've attributed ideas to Carebears that you don't like because you don't like them. Actually, they were ArtCraft's ideas. LOL. Secondly, you somehow assumed everyone suggested anything that you didn't agree with wanted a PvE game, which is flat out wrong. Finally, you've applied blanket statements that all of the players from a particular game want a particular thing, which is also incorrect.

TL;DR: I don't want a PvE game. LOL. Read the posts. I just want every aspect of the game to be great (not equal in focus, great). You've turned an argument about a term into one of PvE versus PvP, ignorant of the fact that that was never what anyone was arguing for here.

The real, on-topic discussion was the origin and use of "Carebear." My whole point was that I and other Wizards and Pirates are NOT interested in Crowfall being a PvE game, hence why the term should be used only in joking and not as a blanket statement or stereotype. You took what I said, flipped it backwards, and turned it into an argument for something that we both support.

Ugh! self entitlement:P I'm a Beta one, and so is Wicked Savannah. Just because we all registered first doesn't mean "we da best bro", well Savvy and I are but the jury is out on you and your band of merry, fluffy bunnies with brown noses. Your first post in this thread was definitely one of those facepalm moments. So in light of that, I'm not sure that you fit into carebear or gonzo.

551614590_0891dcc1d4.jpg

Edited by ozzie mozzie

To bring the Topic back on track.  let's see, it has been months now.  Months.  Can we say for argument sake that no one really cares, and no one really needs to keep this argument going.  Grow a pair, and let's move on....oh wait that was stated waaaaaay back when, Todd himself told some people to Get Thicker Skin.  So if that has not been obtained by now, I think you need to move along!

I was sick of hearing about Carebears, then, and I'm am sick of hearing about it now!  

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mattis

What a bunch of carebears.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

wtf go outdoors

custard no. I am in the Budget Inn eating Chicken Parmesan. I'm doing 17 miles tommorow.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Rocky. Got two big climbs to start than up and down all the way. Luckily I'm slack packing so my backpack will already be shuttled to the hostel ahead. A bit of a cheat but w/e.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The fact that you would even post because you disagree with the term " Carebear " and voice it,  means you know absolutely nothing about this game and especially this community.Yea, we all wanna play this game and we want it to be the game Todd always wanted to make.   The most accurate statement that Todd ever made was saying that the SB community was the most passionate, dedicated and skilled players you would EVER come across.   And a hell of a lot of fun.  He was right on both counts.   Sit back and read their posts.  There is so much knowledge in them if you only keep the fingers from typing  and sit back and read.  they have years and years of experience playing SB and other hardcore PVP games.   

This community took time to grow and get to the place it is.  There is no "Elitist" group or person.  No one leads and takes charge.  No one's posts are any more worthy of being read ( well maybe CYT's ). Trying to be the BIG person isn't gonna work here like it did in other places. Smh at kids games with adults that think the game was made for them. 

I agree totally w/ mandalore.  Why do you even put PvE in your posts?   Must be in the blood.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

carebears countdown

CLOWN :)

I played with Aeturnas Trinitas back in the day on Mourning. We embraced the carebear and all had sigs with the carebear cartoon pics on it. We had so many members that we ran out of carebears though. I was forced to use a pic of the next best thing. John Candy.Good times.

Edited by tarrossa

Gather round kids, it is story time.

Term carebear wasn't invented in SB. It started in UO, around Trammel time.

First, it was 'go back to trammel biotch'. Then it morphed to 'go back to trammel carebear'. Then it finally got shortened to 'carebear', because PvPers quit UO and new blood didn't quite know what Trammel was.

custard no. I am in the Budget Inn eating Chicken Parmesan. I'm doing 17 miles tommorow.

Wth and that is an italian food (according to the web)?  We don't eat things like that...

PS Parmesan is fake Parmigiano Reggiano. How sad

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Actually, that was Garriott's idea. I remember him raving about portal worlds as early as 2006. I think he is still working on it (Shroud of the Avatar?), but my understanding that it is completely Gonzo.

Edited by Sinij

Wth and that is an italian food (according to the web)?  We don't eat things like that...

PS Parmesan is fake Parmigiano Reggiano. How sad

Who the custard cares? It tastes good.

SWrkfdj.jpg