Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Gender Lock Classes

I just read an article on MMORPG.com about some of the archetypes on "Crowfall" are going to be gender locked. Now I'm extremely against this and I don't see the point of it. Even if they are doing it to fit the story. I feel like its an amateur mistake.

Thoughts?

Also here is the link to the article: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9529/Crowfalls-Disappointing-Move.html

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

....you read an article and now are extremely against it...   I'll be back, gotta write an article about how gender locking is great.   The article in summary: "Forget the lore and dev vision, I w

Haven't you been following the threads lately? Minotaurs are pay2win, relics are pay2win, EK is pay2win, character slots are pay2win, and VIP is pay2win.  Isn't everything pay2win?      

What is this, a GIF for ants?  

This is easily the most amateur and pay2win feature yet ACE.  

I am disappoint

How is Gender locking Pay2win, It is amateur and really silly to gender lock but I don't see how it effect winning or losing.

I just read an article on MMORPG.com about some of the archetypes on "Crowfall" are going to be gender locked. Now I'm extremely against this and I don't see the point of it. Even if they are doing it to fit the story. I feel like its an amateur mistake.

Thoughts?

Also here is the link to the article: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9529/Crowfalls-Disappointing-Move.html

I like it. It's something different, something imo fresh in mmo these days... And I found that article very unprofessional and with some wrongs infos.

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

Really, the real reason, 100% notrolling nosarcasm reason, is money & lore. If you give JTodd a million dollars he would probably be happy to add alternate gender for most of the archetypes, except a few that will never be added for lore reasons (assassin all female due to lore, stoneborn all "male" because they are a created race).

Edited by karnos

...and yet again, tumblr finds it's way into General Chat.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

....you read an article and now are extremely against it...

I'll be back, gotta write an article about how gender locking is great.

The article in summary: "Forget the lore and dev vision, I want it and it isn't there so it is bad."

I didn't go against it because I read the article, I just assumed there wont be any gender locking based on the concept arts that I saw of the frost weaver, Templar, Knight, etc... 

Just thought its in early development and the concept for other characters aren't out yet.

After reading this article found out that there gender locking. Wether it be this game or any other game Gender locking is stupid. Just don't see the point. And lets be honest, This is an MMORPG, unless there is full voice acting in this game majority of people are not going to care about the lore.

Well, perhaps you can start your own Kickstarter and raise $1.5 million to create your own MMO without gender locked Archetypes.

Can name it FemFall, it'll be an anti-patriarchal massive success.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Well, perhaps you can start your own Kickstarter and raise $1.5 million to create your own MMO without gender locked Archetypes.

Is that the way you always lead your discussions. Cause I asked what are other people thoughts are.