Why Gender Lock Classes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

....you read an article and now are extremely against it...   I'll be back, gotta write an article about how gender locking is great.   The article in summary: "Forget the lore and dev vision, I w

Haven't you been following the threads lately? Minotaurs are pay2win, relics are pay2win, EK is pay2win, character slots are pay2win, and VIP is pay2win.  Isn't everything pay2win?      

What is this, a GIF for ants?  

Is that the way you always lead your discussions. Cause I asked what are other people thoughts are.

I gave you 3 legitimate reasons Archetypes are genderlocked, and you just said "I don't care".

So sorry for no really giving a sh!t about this discussion at this point - You're not really interested in engaging in one.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Look I'm all in for a good lore, but we are all adults, lets not kid ourselves. Most people are not gonna care about the lore.

Possibly the nastiest most literally psychopathic crowd to ever play a MMO was the Shadowbane crowd and tons of those folks absolutely loved the lore.

Not sarcastic this time, for serious.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

Wether it be this game or any other game Gender locking is stupid. Just don't see the point. And lets be honest, This is an MMORPG, unless there is full voice acting in this game majority of people are not going to care about the lore.

Why it is stupid? It's a design choice! Only this...

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

I didn't go against it because I read the article, I just assumed there wont be any gender locking based on the concept arts that I saw of the frost weaver, Templar, Knight, etc... 

Just thought its in early development and the concept for other characters aren't out yet.

After reading this article found out that there gender locking. Wether it be this game or any other game Gender locking is stupid. Just don't see the point. And lets be honest, This is an MMORPG, unless there is full voice acting in this game majority of people are not going to care about the lore.

So if a game has Amazons, there should be a male option?

What's your reasoning for each of the gender locked archetypes to have a alternative sex?

Parroting a bad article is not reasoning fyi.

Also the whole gender issue was a day 1 reveal discussion. Hence the first KS stretch goal. This isn't out of nowhere. The article on the other hand seems like click bait done well.

Edited by Allein

I just read an article on MMORPG.com about some of the archetypes on "Crowfall" are going to be gender locked. Now I'm extremely against this and I don't see the point of it. Even if they are doing it to fit the story. I feel like its an amateur mistake.

Thoughts?

Also here is the link to the article: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9529/Crowfalls-Disappointing-Move.html

You are comparing Archetypes to classic MMO classes. It is different. It's almost in between League of legends and a classic MMO. Some things will be gender locked most wont. It has to do with costs/practicality and lore/character feel. You do realize they are going to be developing alot of archetypes with very specific flavors. You will have alot more diversity than a typicall MMO much like you do in League of Legends, but you will also have a lot more depth than a MOBA, more like a typical MMO. 

OP pls respond

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I gave you 3 legitimate reasons Archetypes are genderlocked, and you just said "I don't care".

So sorry for no really giving a sh!t about this discussion at this point - You're not really interested in engaging in one.

I didn't say I dont care, as I said its an MMO and majority of people will not care about the lore, You may care or even 10% of players might, but there rest wont give sh!t and speaking of race the stone born, yea they are stones makes sense, but whats with the Assassin, or any of the other race that are gender locked (Aside from Stoneborn)  that clearly have Male and Female in their race.

As far as all the point you made, the only reasonable one was lack of funds.

Lore is a perfectly reasonable restriction. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it unreasonable.

Why should they pander to people that don't care about lore? If they don't care then they can ignore it and play what's available.

You talk about being us all being adults, but this is how you appear right now:

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I didn't say I dont care, as I said its an MMO and majority of people will not care about the lore, You may care or even 10% of players might, but there rest wont give sh!t and speaking of race the stone born, yea they are stones makes sense, but whats with the Assassin, or any of the other race that are gender locked (Aside from Stoneborn)  that clearly have Male and Female in their race.

Never saw a male fae... Perhaps Tinkerballs?!

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

You are comparing Archetypes to classic MMO classes. It is different. It's almost in between League of legends and a classic MMO. Some things will be gender locked most wont. It has to do with costs/practicality and lore/character feel. You do realize they are going to be developing alot of archetypes with very specific flavors. You will have alot more diversity than a typicall MMO much like you do in League of Legends, but you will also have a lot more depth than a MOBA, more like a typical MMO. 

I see where you're coming from, but unlike MOBA style games that we drop in and out,  in MMORPGs players represent themselves in their character, thats unique and different from everyone else in the game, and to take away an option form the players seems unreasonable. 

But I can see how funding could effect this, considering the fact that they are going for 12 Archetypes and if Minotaur makes it then 13.

So let me get this straight you were for Crowfall when you thought that there were no gender locks...

Now that you know there are gender locks you are against it?!?

No Im not against Crowfall, Im against gender locking.

No Im not against Crowfall, Im against gender locking.

I think you should head to the local hospital and start protesting.  It's RIDICULOUS that they only let females have babies.  WTF, it's not like we live in the dark ages.

in MMORPGs players represent themselves in their character

So if you choose a Myrmidon you have horns in real life, right...

The same argument you used to underestimate lore applies to full character customization. 10% people imo loses their time in that feature.

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

Lore is a perfectly reasonable restriction. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it unreasonable.

Why should they pander to people that don't care about lore? If they don't care then they can ignore it and play what's available.

You talk about being us all being adults, but this is how you appear right now:

fingers-in-ears.jpg

And this is how you appear, how you can not see how this is effecting player choice, and would stop SOME people form playing the game.

Jump off the hype train. 

Ive already pledged 500$ into the game and I'm gonna stick to it until the end, just cause the game has gender locking doesn't mean I hate the game now, As this is general discussion I'm simply stating my opinion. 

So bite me Fan boy.

3137595517_b73b51f456.jpg