Why Gender Lock Classes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

....you read an article and now are extremely against it...   I'll be back, gotta write an article about how gender locking is great.   The article in summary: "Forget the lore and dev vision, I w

Haven't you been following the threads lately? Minotaurs are pay2win, relics are pay2win, EK is pay2win, character slots are pay2win, and VIP is pay2win.  Isn't everything pay2win?      

What is this, a GIF for ants?  

Because it costs half the money to do half the models and animations.  It ain't rocket science, this game doesn't have hundreds of millions of funding like other AAA MMOs and has to be done on the cheap.  Nobody wants genderlocking, or having archtypes instead of a freer race/class system, but this game has to be made on the cheap and some corners must be cut.

I think you should head to the local hospital and start protesting.  It's RIDICULOUS that they only let females have babies.  WTF, it's not like we live in the dark ages.

You make no sense seriously, instead of attacking people, I'm saying Id rather see the game not being gender locked. 

And you can go protest in Army barracks saying this is ridiculous how dare you let Women serve in the army.

Because it costs half the money to do half the models and animations.  It ain't rocket science, this game doesn't have hundreds of millions of funding like other AAA MMOs and has to be done on the cheap.  Nobody wants genderlocking, or having archtypes instead of a freer race/class system, but this game has to be made on the cheap and some corners must be cut.

THANK YOU! Except some people don't want to admit gender locking is the not the wisest choice, so they jump on the hype train and attacking me for stating my f!%king opinion.

And this is how you appear, how you can not see how this is effecting player choice, and would stop SOME people form playing the game.

How do you have any explicit right to anything and everything you want?

They're already making a super niche PvP game, you think they're sweating over a few petty people that aren't going to play because they can't be a Female Forgemaster?

THANK YOU! Except some people don't want to admit gender locking is the not the wisest choice, so they jump on the hype train and attacking me for stating my f!%king opinion.

It's fine that you don't prefer genderlocking, but you're making objective statements such as genderlocking being 'unreasonable'.

That's what we disagree with.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

But it IS the wisest choice, unless you are willing do donate a few extra millions so they can double/triple the modelers and animators.

Speak ill or speak well, but talk about me. Fae ftw.

Btw, don't know if you guys noticed, but the fae forum is full of this shi... well, discussion. Go there, take a read. Don't start the loop again and again about the same thing for Odin sake. <_<

Edited by hilkmkz

With only poison in my veins!

cm5oDMm.png

You make no sense seriously, instead of attacking people, I'm saying Id rather see the game not being gender locked. 

And you can go protest in Army barracks saying this is ridiculous how dare you let Women serve in the army.

I'm trying to use an analogy, sorry it went over your head.

It's crazy to complain that men can't have babies, because it's not a choice we can make- it's biology.

In the same way, it's crazy to complain about lack of female stoneborn, because stoneborn females don't actually exist, it's a race of golem-like constructs.

In the same way, it's crazy to complain about lack of male fey, given that the fey kill males at birth.

Whaaaa gender locks, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Gender Lock nooooo. Actually that is why I picked Stoneborn was because of gender lock. So how does your logic of it being unreasonable if there are people out there like me that think genderlock is so cool and a reason to make that race stand out.

Gender Lock nooooo. Actually that is why I picked Stoneborn was because of gender lock. So how does your logic of it being unreasonable if there are people out there like me that think genderlock is so cool and a reason to make that race stand out.

Because, like, opinions man.

Edit:

To the topic creator, I know you liked this post. Keep in mind your opinion is still a pathetic one that is demonstrably irrelevant.

Edited by Adall

Other than role players, I don't know why people care about a character's gender.

Usually it's a preference thing. Some guys I know just prefer that if they have to look at a character's backside for hours that it be a female modeled one at least. Or maybe they like the style of a race but would rather play as their gender in that race. It is a tad disappointing when you find a combat style you really like but are unable to customize the user of that combat style to a personally preferred level of appeal, so I understand it. Personally I play either genders depending on my mood though so gender locking is generally not a big deal to me.

Whaaaa gender locks, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I've never seen such a succinct counterpoint before.

Good job, sir.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Usually it's a preference thing. Some guys I know just prefer that if they have to look at a character's backside for hours that it be a female modeled one at least.

This is literally the stupidest arguement ever.

Like looking at a pixel butt will turn them...dare I say it...GAY! OH NO!

On the flipside, are you turned on by looking at pixel butts? Stop being weird.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

This is literally the stupidest arguement ever.

Like looking at a pixel butt will turn them...dare I say it...GAY! OH NO!

On the flipside, are you turned on by looking at pixel butts? Stop being weird.

No more so then I am from looking at paintings of notably naked art pieces. It's a representation of known anatomy. It's not any weirder to associate a preference on it then any other piece of art or decoration you have in your life. If anything, I find it weirder people worry about it being weird.

No more so then I am from looking at paintings of notably naked art pieces. It's a representation of known anatomy. It's not any weirder to associate a preference on it then any other piece of art or decoration you have in your life. If anything, I find it weirder people worry about it being weird.

Why not just say you think the character looks cool? Or has cool animations? Or has cool roleplay possibilities?

It's weird to attach sexuality to the choice.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG