Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KingsLetter

Why Gender Lock Classes

Why not just say you think the character looks cool? Or has cool animations? Or has cool roleplay possibilities?

It's weird to attach sexuality to the choice.

Why is it weird? Is sexuality such a weird concept to you that you must question people's preference for it? Do you question ancient Greek statues or paintings of half naked ancient gods and call them weird for the artists preference? Perhaps, but it is what it is. A preference is just that, a preference. It is neither weird, nor good, nor evil, nor any other moral definition. You prefer what you prefer.

Why is it weird? Is sexuality such a weird concept to you that you must question people's preference for it? Do you question ancient Greek statues or paintings of half naked ancient gods and call them weird for the artists preference? Perhaps, but it is what it is. A preference is just that, a preference. It is neither weird, nor good, nor evil, nor any other moral definition. You prefer what you prefer.

I like you! You speak, what I want to say but my lack of vocabulary stops me form expressing my opinion properly. 

I wanna play alongside you once the game is out!

Edited by anbarestani

I like you! You speak, what I want to say but my lack of vocabulary stops me form expressing my opinion properly. 

I wanna play alongside you once the game is out!

Thanks mate. Hope to see more of you in the future.  :D

Hah, I think you've misconstrued the argument quite a bit.

There's nothing wrong with preference. As I said, you can prefer their aesthetic, their animations, etc. If that's the case, just say that. 

It's the implication that there's something 'wrong' with looking at a male character in 3rd person, because you'd be looking at their butt. Like it's going to turn you gay or something. That's ridiculous reasoning. It's like guys can't just say that like playing female characters. There has to be some reason that reinforces that they're actually macho.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Hah, I think you've misconstrued the argument quite a bit.

There's nothing wrong with preference. As I said, you can prefer their aesthetic, their animations, etc. If that's the case, just say that.

It's the implication that there's something 'wrong' with looking at a male character in 3rd person, because you'd be looking at their butt.

They did not say it was wrong, nor did I. I believe i said that they preferred it, no? They just prefer the female anatomy over the male anatomy of a humanoid's hind quarters. Can't say I disagree with that myself as a heterosexual male human myself.

Edited by Jirue

They did not say it was wrong, nor did I. I believe i said that they preferred it, no?

Again, nothing wrong with preferring it. But when you qualify it with "I don't want to look at a male butt!" It just sounds ridiculous, and oddly - almost sexist.

Like you can't just say you like the female characters aesthetic. You're only playing a female simply because you're SO macho and would NEVER look at a guy's butt!

My point isn't that you can't prefer playing female characters. Just don't create BS reasoning for it.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Again, nothing wrong with preferring it. But when you qualify it with "I don't want to look at a male butt!" It just sounds ridiculous, and oddly - almost sexist.

Like you can't just say you like the female characters aesthetic. You're only playing simply because you're so macho and would never look at a guy's butt!

Ah, but that "macho" argument could go both ways. Who uncomfortable enough in their masculinity to the degree you seem to imply would prefer to represent themselves to other people online as a non-macho avatar? You read too much into it by tying terms like "macho" to these individuals, I think.

Edited by Jirue

I agree Teekay is running the sexuality line a bit long, but he is right about this:

My point isn't that you can't prefer playing female characters. Just don't create BS reasoning for it.

Ah, but that "macho" argument could go both ways. Who uncomfortable enough in their masculinity to degree you seem to imply would prefer to represent themselves to other people online as a non-macho avatar? You read too much into it by tying terms like "macho" to these individuals, I think.

Because it allows them to play what they want, without having to admit to what they think is almost kind of a 'weakness'. This is where the sexism comes in to play.

They like playing females. That's fine. But then feel they HAVE to justify it in some way (because they're totally not gay and would never look at a male character's back side).

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Because it allows them to play what they want, without having to admit to what they think is almost kind of a 'weakness'. This is where the sexism comes in to play.

They like playing females. That's fine. But then feel they HAVE to justify it in some way (because they're totally not gay and would never look at a male character's back side).

Again, I think you read into it too much. Who says they're justifying it with this argument? How do you explain that you prefer something without saying flat out that you prefer something? Is stating your preference for something a justification to you? Do you feel it is justifying when you eat a fruit and have to explain you prefer eating fruit whenever someone asks why you eat fruit? Can these people not just say that they prefer something without it coming off as a justification?

Edited by Jirue

Again, I think you read into it too much. Who says they're justifying it with this argument? How do you explain that you prefer something without saying flat out that you prefer something? Is stating your preference for something a justification to you? Do you feel it is justifying eating a fruit every time you do just because you prefer eating fruit and saying you prefer eating fruit whenever someone asks why you eat fruit? Can these people not just say that they prefer something without it coming off as a justification?

Just say you think they look cool? They have better animations? There's dozens of reasons someone might prefer playing a female avatar without creating a qualifier that basically says "I'd play a male character, but then I'd be looking at a dude's butt!".

I feel like you're just not understanding (or willfully ignoring) the root of my argument. So we can just stop here and agree to disagree.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Haven't you been following the threads lately? Minotaurs are pay2win, relics are pay2win, EK is pay2win, character slots are pay2win, and VIP is pay2win.  Isn't everything pay2win?

It's sarcasm.

Yeah...  This is why I'm glad I've been keeping away from the forums now that the massively and mmorpg.com clowns are out in droves.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Just say you think they look cool? They have better animations? There's dozens of reasons someone might prefer playing a female avatar without creating a qualifier that basically says "I'd play a male character, but then I'd be looking at a dude's butt!".

I feel like you're just not understanding (or willfully ignoring) the root of my argument. So we can just stop here and agree to disagree.

Maybe you're right and I'm missing the point. Why do they have to explain it away as looking cool or having a better animation? To me, that is more of seeking a justification then just saying you like female butts. People just prefer different shapes, especially when it comes to the anatomy of things they're attracted to (sexually or otherwise). There's no need to explain it away as something more detailed then it is. They like the look of female butts (or other female anatomy) more then male butts (or other male anatomy), so they would rather.look at a female butt (or other female anatomy).

Edited by Jirue

but sometimes when they say "I don't want to look at a man's butt" it is in fact their real and main reason. I know that I personally almost never look at my character's butt, yet sometimes I accidentally do when my eyes pass from the center of my screen to my HP bar which is usually bottom center. And it's the same for other people. Now for some people when that moment happens, they don't want to look at a male butt. It's not that they like looking at digital female butts and spend time ogling it, or that they think the animations are cooler/better, they literally just don't want to look at a male butt on the times when their eyes travel from the center of the screen to the HP bar. Most of the time, they're probably not even looking at their characters, but when they do, they don't want it to be male.

Now for me personally, I tend to play female characters because of the hair options. Generally speaking females get more varied hair options than males. Males are usually "short", "short but slightly longer", "short with spikes", "long", "long with headband" etc. It's boring. Female avatars tend to get all sorts of fancy hairstyles, which is why I go for female avatars, because I in fact do ogle the hair as I play and move my avatar around (I never ogle the butts, they don't interest me). 

Point is..... I made a thread that ended up on top of the page. My work here is done! 

But no, all jokes aside, we all wanna see this game succeed cause we are all sick of all the generic MMORPGs, sow e all put these opinions here so that the debs read them and may or may not tale something out of it and make a game that would suit all of us here.

Now for me personally, I tend to play female characters because of the hair options. 

That I can definitely agree with, they tend to get a lot more interesting options when it comes to jewelry too. Males though tend to get the cooler looking heavy armors, and the more practical (and thus to me more attractive) looking ones as well. Still not a fan of Chainmail Bikinis on any anatomy of any kind.

Point is..... I made a thread that ended up on top of the page. My work here is done!

But no, all jokes aside, we all wanna see this game succeed cause we are all sick of all the generic MMORPGs, sow e all put these opinions here so that the debs read them and may or may not tale something out of it and make a game that would suit all of us here.

The only problem in this thread imo it's that unprofessional article with some misinformation you post it... Besides that, ok Edited by kalawatis

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣