Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Empyrean Rule

dwarfurious

MMORTS/RPG, its a rare genre but i've always liked it since Shattered Galaxy. There have been a few, some failed, some still around, some on the way, this is one of them. Its still early but they're planning a kickstarter later, if you're a total war/warhammer fan it might be your kind of thing http://empyreanrule.com/landing/?kid=5G9CR Also trying to grab referrals for early access, since the dev is a big Dwarf fan and Dwarves are a big part of the game i'll be all over it like beard on a dwarf.

Looks interesting. It's been a while since I've seen an MMORTS, for some reason they quite seem to hit it off. If there are any decent ones that I am unaware of, I would love to know :D

im not sure but try Battle Conquest on kongregate, its basically the earlier MMORTS that they made and this is their new one. There is also one on steam called kingdom wars, and they're working on a #2 for that. Then theirs a really old one on steam, forget what its called but its pretty dated.

I think its still around, was only a kid when i first played it! Wish there was a fantasy version of that, customizing the equipment of every soldier, the PvP domination aspects.. End of Nations was supposed to be the next SG :( darn it all.

• 4 weeks later...

You know it probably wouldn't take much to make a fantasy version of SG 10 times better than it is. I've always considered if I ever got into game design I might do that as my first project.

Really the thing separating that from being a great game (aside from 15 years of graphical advancements) is formations. The units won't hold a formation for crap but I'd actually go beyond that in allowing players to map out custom formations such as a ring of shades around a couple medics.

The other thing I'd do is give more abilities to the different units. Make it it not just about managing a bunch of like units but make mixed units a generally more powerful option.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)