Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steppenwolf

Female Ranger, All Seasons Wip

Amazing art Steppenwolf!

The view that has her walking away and looking back.  I get the sense she just said, "I'm walking to the top of that hill, 300 meters away, then I'm putting these two arrows in the dirt just in front of your toes.  Don't move and inch."

ACE just published their female ranger and yours puts that version to shame.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

Almost finished current commission so hopefully I will have time to finalize summer ranger tonight.

@bradicus magnus

I love your take on the Spring ranger

She is definitely a little cheeky/flirty and full of promise... shame it all goes to hell by winter

Be nice to the ACE guys, they are working to a strong graphical style that allows quick production of excellent previz, concept and boards as well as being suitable for promotional uses. I would work in a similar style if I was them :)

as an example of the times differences...

times.jpg

P.S. don't smoke,.that last eye is form a medical document I illustrated on corneal replacement needed by many smokers....erk.

That is rushed?!

Dear God, you don't want to see how I do rushed ^_^

Very nice work, good sir.

Edited by suckingdoge

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Thanks for the perspective Steppenwolfe.  You are correct. I'm comparing two different art techniques and I was being unfair to the ACE team.

I love the Summer Ranger!  This time, my guess at her thoughts are:  "Now there's a beautiful flower. I should pluck that and add that to my hat.  And where did I leave those blasted shoelaces?" ;)

Beautiful work, Steppenwolfe.  Thank you very much for continuing to share your gift with us.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

Autumn ranger starting on colour

ranger_autumn_15040701.jpg

@jewels Those boots are in my wardrobe :) an old pair of 12 hole Dr Martens with 10 years of hard use on them.

@tr1age I wanted her to look a little soft and carefree for Spring and Summer.. Although I backed off from the very harsh winter version I had in mind there should still be enough evolution to sell the idea.

P.S. for those interested, this colour represents ~ 2 hours work (2 episodes of Justified)

Edited by steppenwolf

Do you think you could revisit summer and give it a little more work? It is a shame that is was rushed, I would love to see it in its complete form!( if you just didn't like it, feel free to ignore it, just a request... keep doing your work though, it is wonderful)!

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Do you think you could revisit summer and give it a little more work? It is a shame that is was rushed, I would love to see it in its complete form!( if you just didn't like it, feel free to ignore it, just a request... keep doing your work though, it is wonderful)!

Legs right hand and feet were rushed/half-assed as It was late and I was on my third glass  of Kraken :).

I will not revisit it though, until the full set is done.

I wanted to move onto male druid and some Zbrush work on female champion while I am away on my cruise though, so may not get back to it for some time.

Legs right hand and feet were rushed/half-assed as It was late and I was on my third glass  of Kraken :).

I will not revisit it though, until the full set is done.

I wanted to move onto male druid and some Zbrush work on female champion while I am away on my cruise though, so may not get back to it for some time.

I most definitely look forward to seeing your Zbrush work. And to answer your question in my thread. Yes I do indeed use Zbrush.

2ranger_autumn_15040701.jpg

Autumn update

Sorry for the lack of updates, I would have uploaded a progress shot but didnt have the time

Few hours to finalise this one tomorrow as long as I get the time, then on to WINTER :)

This one is lacking a bit in the action stakes, may make some structural changes after I finish winter.

atm I am guessing the hair needs to be roughened and thinned to carry the motion better.

It way over detailed and detracting form the rest.

O.. btw, they all have backgrounds, I am just not using them in these single WIPs

I will put them together at the ends as a strip of 4 changing seasons

P.S. got my shiny new Cintiq Companion 2 today so will be scribbling every day on the cruise.