Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sad That The Combat Pet System Is The Last Stretch Goal (1.7Mio)

Heya Peeps,

Is there someone with me? Hunter Players around here? Pet/Companion lovers anywhere? It seems we are lost.... :unsure:

Do you guys remember the good old times in games where we Hunters had nice Pets? SWG for example, where you could go out, hunt for "young-ling" Pets and perhaps bring them to an Bio Engineer to pimp them as a Mount for later use? Or just breed them up and sell them to other Classes?! It was awesome, and also the "feeling" for such a Class, just having someone hunt with you, like a Bear, Hound or whatever?!

Are you also sad that we might not reach that goal and so loosing the chance to get these "Pets"?! What do you guys think?! :unsure:

Proud Backer of Crowfall !!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an example of us using developer terms without explaining what we meant to the community. We sometimes forget that not everyone is in the same room with us all the time.   So, what we mean b

Good point.  Incest confirmed.

If you withdrew your pledge because of pets, then you were never serious about pledging in the first place. They said combat pets are an extension of the mount system. That doesn't mean you won't need

There are more important features than pets that should be out at release. By the way mounts and pack animals are in, it's just combat pets that we'll have to wait for after release if the stretch goal isn't met. But if you want to get closer to that goal, you can help: increase your pledge! :)

But if you want to get closer to that goal, you can help: increase your pledge! :)

Not an option tbh. I pledged already a fairly high amount. I can't go any higher than this.  :unsure:  :mellow:

And about that "There are more important features than pets that should be out at release." Hmm....i would like to see combat Pets in before having OC Support tbh. We don't even have a "real" Release Date" for OC. If you know what i mean/want to say.

Edited by p1nhead

Proud Backer of Crowfall !!!

Gordon said all the stretch goals will make it into the game even if they aren't funded by the KS. As much as I enjoy your tears, they aren't necessary

Yes!

question, if all of the stretch goals are not funded by the end of this kickstarter, will they be added in later updates?

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5091-032315-14-million-minotaurs-announced/page-5#entry123518

Edited by headlight

I played a scout from release on. Never died to a pet. Pro tip: kill the hunty first, then pet goes byebye.

Pissing match? Cool beans bro. Hunty bleeds scout, poison dots scout, snares scout, runs the other way. Scout bleeds, scout snares, scout chases, gets smashed on by pet while chasing. It's kiting, not rocket science. And it's a GvG situation before it spirals into "why was the scout out in the first place? is this an sbemu situation?" blah blah blah.

Pro tip: play less solo.

Pissing match? Cool beans bro. Hunty bleeds scout, poison dots scout, snares scout, runs the other way. Scout bleeds, scout snares, scout chases, gets smashed on by pet while chasing. It's kiting, not rocket science. And it's a GvG situation before it spirals into "why was the scout out in the first place? is this an sbemu situation?" blah blah blah.

Pro tip: play less solo.

Nah just remembering some rune hunting and grabbing runs from way way back. Huntys were not all that popular back then, or even for a bit after they got the poison dot. I didnt mean to judge you for getting mauled by a panther. Were all friends here :)

PFq3vWQ.png

Heya Peeps,

Is there someone with me? Hunter Players around here? Pet/Companion lovers anywhere? It seems we are lost.... :unsure:

Do you guys remember the good old times in games where we Hunters had nice Pets? SWG for example, where you could go out, hunt for "young-ling" Pets and perhaps bring them to an Bio Engineer to pimp them as a Mount for later use? Or just breed them up and sell them to other Classes?! It was awesome, and also the "feeling" for such a Class, just having someone hunt with you, like a Bear, Hound or whatever?!

Are you also sad that we might not reach that goal and so loosing the chance to get these "Pets"?! What do you guys think?! :unsure:

It looks like pets aren't really ''class locked'' so in a sense, yes. I'd very much like to see them on launch. :D

Especially see how they pan out the taming system, not to mention the feeding and such. Would be a nice dilemma to have if i'd have to think ''Hmm.. is my wolf worth the extra food/upkeep cost?''

And i'd especially like to see some usage outside of combat. Something like tracking a la hunting dogs.

Never understood the love towards NPCs fighting your battles, but hey, if you need to substitute for something.

A bad pet class player has a pet they sic on enemy players and then forget about.

A good pet class player has a pet chosen to complement their strengths and address their weaknesses. For instance a ranged DPSer may choose a pet that will slow their opponent's movement, allowing them to keep melee opponents at range more easily.

A great pet class player treats the pet as an extension of their character. They have their pet's abilities hot-keyed and memorized and micromanage what their pet does almost as much as they micromanage their own character.

What you are referring to is clearly bad pet-class players. Honestly I think great pet-class players and minion masters are some of the most skilled players in most games. In this game I'll bet they're trading a lower need for aiming skill for more abilities to juggle and greater micromanaging skills.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

A bad pet class player has a pet they sic on enemy players and then forget about.

A good pet class player has a pet chosen to complement their strengths and address their weaknesses. For instance a ranged DPSer may choose a pet that will slow their opponent's movement, allowing them to keep melee opponents at range more easily.

A great pet class player treats the pet as an extension of their character. They have their pet's abilities hot-keyed and memorized and micromanage what their pet does almost as much as they micromanage their own character.

What you are referring to is clearly bad pet-class players. Honestly I think great pet-class players and minion masters are some of the most skilled players in most games. In this game I'll bet they're trading a lower need for aiming skill for more abilities to juggle and greater micromanaging skills.

I'm hoping that Taming is balanced on the assumption you play the pet as an extension of your character. Can't handle controlling two characters? Well GG you just gimped yourself by taking the pet rune.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.