Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
p1nhead

Sad That The Combat Pet System Is The Last Stretch Goal (1.7Mio)

Heya Peeps,

Is there someone with me? Hunter Players around here? Pet/Companion lovers anywhere? It seems we are lost.... :unsure:

Do you guys remember the good old times in games where we Hunters had nice Pets? SWG for example, where you could go out, hunt for "young-ling" Pets and perhaps bring them to an Bio Engineer to pimp them as a Mount for later use? Or just breed them up and sell them to other Classes?! It was awesome, and also the "feeling" for such a Class, just having someone hunt with you, like a Bear, Hound or whatever?!

Are you also sad that we might not reach that goal and so loosing the chance to get these "Pets"?! What do you guys think?! :unsure:

All stretch goals will get into the game eventually - perhaps not at launch in 2016, but in the future. 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Fixed typo

If pets that we can prettymuch guarantee will be balanced out by sacrificing something (I'm guessing a discipline slot) can ruin the game for you then there is no pleasing you anyway.

I mean there are so many good disciplines listed already. Sure Werewolf/Bounty Hunter/Beastmaster could be fun. But more fun than Werewolf/Bounty Hunter/Berserker??? That's the direction I'm currently leaning at least.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

If pets that we can prettymuch guarantee will be balanced out by sacrificing something (I'm guessing a discipline slot) can ruin the game for you then there is no pleasing you anyway.

If you had read my original reply you would have known that I was under the impression that pets were to be compulsory buffs. Replying as if I wrote something else serves what purpose exactly?

If you had read my original reply you would have known that I was under the impression that pets were to be compulsory buffs. Replying as if I wrote something else serves what purpose exactly?

I saw your original reply but I also see you still griping. And the "by the way I withdrew my pledge because of this" came after clarification.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

And based on that assumption, you were so upset that you announced to everyone that you withdrew your pledge. Maybe in the future you should just ask questions rather than make ridiculous assumptions and overreact based on them.

Maybe in the future you should just ask questions rather than make ridiculous assumptions and overreact based on them.

Total internet traffic would take a substantial hit if everyone did this. Why do you hate the internet?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Well that's promising but it makes me wonder why the announcement says pets are in the mount system, which isn't a part of the discipline system, and how it's not limited to a playstyle if, in fact, it is.

By the way, I withdrew my pledge because of this.

This is an example of us using developer terms without explaining what we meant to the community. We sometimes forget that not everyone is in the same room with us all the time.

So, what we mean by Combat Pets being an extension of the Mounts System: A lot of the technical ground work of implementing mounts that can be killed, the "mechanical ties" to the player character, etc. Can cross over to a full pet system. 

This doesn't mean everyone on the planet will be going out and obtaining pets to fight with. That would be ridiculous! This will almost certainly be tied to the discipline system. Meaning if you want a cool Direwolf to fight at your side you are using one of your three discipline slots up to do so. 

By taking a slot up with a pet, you're probably omitting some other great perks to your character. We're going to make sure that there's no mandatory pick when it comes to these. 

Sorry about the confusion, we'll do our best to explain systems better. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Direwolves confirmed.

Well duh.

Can't make a game inspired by GoT and leave those out

;-)

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

This is an example of us using developer terms without explaining what we meant to the community. We sometimes forget that not everyone is in the same room with us all the time.

So, what we mean by Combat Pets being an extension of the Mounts System: A lot of the technical ground work of implementing mounts that can be killed, the "mechanical ties" to the player character, etc. Can cross over to a full pet system. 

This doesn't mean everyone on the planet will be going out and obtaining pets to fight with. That would be ridiculous! This will almost certainly be tied to the discipline system. Meaning if you want a cool Direwolf to fight at your side you are using one of your three discipline slots up to do so. 

By taking a slot up with a pet, you're probably omitting some other great perks to your character. We're going to make sure that there's no mandatory pick when it comes to these. 

Sounds great.

I role play a wordsmith.

I saw your original reply but I also see you still griping. And the "by the way I withdrew my pledge because of this" came after clarification.

Notice that my gripe is from being misinterpreted, called an attention seeker and had words put in my mouth. Just stop assuming that I'm bad/stupid because I had the wrong idea and we can all go back to supporting the game.

The question in question has been sorted, even before Tully came to the rescue.

And based on that assumption, you were so upset that you announced to everyone that you withdrew your pledge. Maybe in the future you should just ask questions rather than make ridiculous assumptions and overreact based on them.

I was upset? I already explained why I mentioned my withdrawal.

I also supplied an argument, which you may interpret as a question if you want since it's asking for a reply. (It's sort of the point of a discussion forum.) Attaching question marks to everything is likely to confuse more people than it pleases.

-snip-

Having a Dire Wolf as a pet sounds like a terrible idea (Dire Wolves are dangerous).  Having a tamed Wolf would be a more sensible choice.

On another note, we just jumped to 1.56 million.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

While bothersome and unlikely, I do hope for pets/mounts to be available to ressurect/summon from a stable, rather than from a pocket (maybe instead of "put in bag", have it "take some distance, and wait for a summon")

Yeah this! It was like that in Mortal Online. The major problem with I see with summoning pets is the ability to quickly put the pet back into your inventory if the mount/pet is threatened or takes damage. There at least needs to be a extremely long cast or cool down timer implemented to re-inventory your pet.

Thanks for the details!

I admire your patience, and I wish people would read your announcements with more wonder and less mistrust.

Edited by Krethys

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org