Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kashe

How do I create a Guild?

How do I create a Guild? Me and my buddy buds would like to make one  :wub:

Can you specify more clearly what you mean, so I can help you out? Do you mean that you want to make a guild, and want to know how you should create one? (such as setting up a website, voice chat, a forum etc)?

If this is the case, I would be glad to help you set up all of that, though it may take a while to get it all set up for you.

Edited by rs_navlaan

Yes, I would like to know how to make one and all that good stuff rs_navlaan

Alright, first, you're going to want to register a domain name. I personally use godaddy for my domain name (you can google coupon codes for 1 dollar, and 2 dollar domain names), which is 8-10 dollars cheaper than the average price. This expensve renews every year, and the coupon only works for the first year.

You will also need site hosting (do not use a large shared host such as hostgator, or godaddy), as their service is unreliable. I use nixihost, but there are many others. To combine both of them, you will need to point the nameservers in the direction of your domain name.

Next, in whichever cpanel you have (or other panel option), you most likely have many different software options to install on your server. I recommend Wordpress, for an easy website. You can get simple free themes, or payed themes like mine. Secondly, you want to download plugins which can help protect your site, and make your site more user friendly. I recommend learning a little bit of PHP, and CSS, if you want to maximize your customization.

Now that you have a site, and a forum on your site, you will need a voice chat for your clan/guild/community, I recommend Teamspeak, or Mumble. Raidcall is free, and also quite good.

I hope this helps you, and if you have any more questions, you can PM me, post here, and so forth. If you would like detailed help (too much to type), you can PM me, and we can Skype.