Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrPriest

Suggestions!

I'll edit and add more as I think of them!

First
- I've seen many requesting an Asian archtype (Samurai) - I'd love it if they took it further, even if as an expension - Far East archtype, weapons (Kunai, Katana), magic (those talismans, ying yang), monsters (Kyubi, Snow Woman, Oni), and of course, building materials!

Other expensions could have Desert stuff, Norse, Carribean, Aztec, Indian, etc...

Second - I've mentioned it in the general forum - you can build stuff due to voxels, meaning stuff in this game is not "hard coded", but coded as a collection of voxels. Why not have it go from macro, to micro, by adding special crafting capabilities? Collect the iron, shape it as a sword, use warg fangs as saw-tooth for the sword, the root of Ygdrasil as the handle, etc...

Third - I'd love to have campaigns based on historical events of our world. We have "Balance, Chaos and Order" - it fits perfectly for a "Three Kingdoms" campaign, for instance.

Fourth - Potions. In each and every MMO you can drink a potion, and suddenly poof, a hidden force prevents you from drinking another.
Why not have it more realistic, which fits the risk vs reward part of this game very well?
If you drink one potion, it has 100% of an effect. You can choose to drink one immediately afterwards, but then your body won't recieve the effects as much (75%), and the more you drink in succession, the more your body builds intolerance for the potions, for longer!
If you drink one, you can drink another without risk in like 2 minutes.
If you drink two in fast succession, you will have to wait 4 minutes to reach the 75% effect rate, and 4 more for the 100%.
If you drink 4 in a row, the 5th will have a 0% effect on you, and a 6th will harm you instead, and so on.
As such, you can come up with a new type of magic/item - lower tolerance for potions! You use it and suddenly your foe dies after taking a potion!

The risk/reward thing is this: You are facing a tough opponent, you can kill him if you use all of your potions, but then you won't be able to heal for like 30 minutes. Will you take the risk to win now, and maybe die later, or retreat to try again later? Will your opponent drink more? Is he at his limits? It's a gamble!

Fifth - I'd love to have the ability to capture bosses, and since they won't even submit as a pet, open an arena in your kingdom, have players/guilds throw in their captured beasts, maybe have a traitor dropped in there, let the winner become a duke, etc.
It would fit in with the pets, and the tournament, easily!

Sixth - Have the ability to put your pets/armor/weapons around your turf. Having a room filled with the armor I've returned from each campaign world in chronological order would be awesome.
I've also read that pets and mounts can die :< I doubt I'd risk them, so I'd love to have atleast a place to put them, such as a stable in my land. Maybe create a zoo and charge entrance, hah.

Seventh - I've posted in the "don't add potions" topic the following:

I'd also have to add that conflicting potions either don't work, or don't work as expected.
Also, maybe having a global "consumption limit" to your character. You can only drink so much afterall, and to fight while filled with liquid and food... Well...

Also, to counter those who do manage to find super buffs, maybe have another harmful effect that causes one to puke, lowering his potion consumption cooldown by a bit, but also causes the enemy to barf his last few potions/consumeables. MAybe too much alcohol will be used to replace consumeable buffs (I don't need anti-cold anymore, puke it out with alcohol, drink the next potion).

It adds a whole lot of strategy to the game, maybe will open the way for an alchemist fighting style.
Someone that makes use of potion swapping, tampering with enemy consumables, "magic" attacks would be poison mist, cause hunger, vertigo (fliers can't fly), acid traps (to counter borrowers, maybe just behind a wall so someone charging through will fall inside), etc...

Profanity Filter
Each community, country, dialect, etc... Has their own words they find offensive or not. Can we have a self-made filter, where we add words we don't want to read?
For instance, someone named "hooligan" might be offended if his name is ****. While this is not my thing, I assume there will be sexual role players, who will want to use some words, for instance. (On WoW release there were strippers for cash! Hah)

Bounties
I've never liked the game-managed bounties. How about being able to craft posters and signs, and be able to post them around the world? That way someone in hiding can just remove them whenever he sees them, and a guild guard (if there are such things) will only remember a bounty it has seen in the last few minutes, and not 24/7.

Prisons
I don't know what, if any, plans are for that. But if there will be such a thing, I am hoping for a player-made cell, and when captured by an authority, you have to drag the player to the cell. As such, prison-raids, raiding the prisoner caravan, causing chaos for a guild/city by opening their cells, will be made possible. As for equipment, well, it'd be unfair if you could suddenly steal someone's equipment, so maybe have a cache that holds their equipment in close proximity to the prisoner, at all times.

Chatting
While teamspeak and other outer chat programs will break it, it would be amazing if you could cover someone's mouth so he can't chat. That way, you can infiltrate and cause mass panic due to the enemy not knowing what's happening.
For that reason, I do hope there's a voice-chat made by the game, and prevent outer voice chat sources.
I know this is easily countered with forums, text chats, etc... But still, it would be an amazing feature, I believe.
Any thoughts? Improvements? Criticism?

Macroing Land Manipulation
I am not sure how digging and building works in this game.
However, I think it would be great to be able to macro it, maybe with the help of a rune stone.
Think about making a trap - it means choosing width, depth, cover, etc... This would take time, it's impossible for use in combat.
What if we had a rune that allows saving a working process (higher skill levels allow more actions to be recorded in a single macro, or more macros to be made) - practically making a trapper class? While it would take time to actually do the digging, normally, the planning will be avoided!
Imagine creating pitfalls so zerg guilds just rush into your doors and everyone falls together, and you just created the trap a moment ago according to the route they were taking!

Archetype Intro Levels
One thing I've never liked about MMOs is how long it takes to realize if a class you chose is one that would fit me in the long run.
I usually create a character for each class, play the beginner zone, and only then choose to continue with my favorite.
Problem with that is that in most MMOs, you can't even create enough characters, and usually even playing the beginner zone will not measure how good the class is for me.
I know it's troublesome, but I'd like to suggest an intro level for each archetype.
It would be an instance where you play with a character from an archetype's history, giving the player a glimpse to the lore and general play style of the archetype.
This way, the lore gets some more stage time, no useless character slots are created and no time is wasted on repeating the starting area (if there even is one).
Maybe how the hunger showed itself to each archetype's world, how they lost it and gained access to the other worlds, etc...
It should be short, single player, and connected to the lore.

Edited by MrPriest

First - The only way I could see this working in any way would be, as you said it, in an expansion. The core module seems to be very western mythology inspired, and shoehorning Asian archetypes or architecture would seem heavy handed at best. Down the line, however, different themed sets with buildings and archetypes might be a viable option for generating revenue.

Second - This seems pretty unlikely a suggestion to me. While vocals are good for building terrain and buildings I highly doubt they would work well for weapons. That system should probably be handled in the classic crafting fashion: collect materials from the world, and craft the weapon or armor. However, the devs have said that some items will need drops from specific mobs to be crafted. So stylized weapons and armor like you are referring to are likely to be seen.

Third - Interesting idea, might be a viable idea.

Fourth - I don't like the idea of potions in this way. I think the best way to handle them in Crowfall would be more like Elixirs are handled in other games: you drink one for a temporary buff, you have this buff until you die. The devs have stated they want limited sources of healing in the game, leave it to the support classes in my opinion.

Fifth - No opinion, but it might be an interesting twist to the taming system, but you have to be careful throwing around the "boss" word around here, you might accidentally insight another PvE / PvP firestorm.

I want to welcome you to the forums and direct you to the faq page.

1 - I like it... sub classes of samurai could be Monk(ranged dps)/Shogun(Tank 2hander)/Ninja(fist/duel wielder dps), how ever I would rather have a different race.. perhaps a Shade or reptile creature Instead of a human.

2 - it seems it will not be on a voxel by voxel basis. And will most likely be premade designs. Voxels in crowfall are used primarily in destruction of the world.

3 - As much as that would be sweet if the world has significance, there is no point. Eventually they will be destroyed. Name a Hero/Place backer goals are probably the closest thing you'll get to that.

4 - I like your take on potions having diminishing returns. That in combination with the follow could prove interesting.

General FAQ:

-

Here are some example Discipline. Note: we haven’t built these yet! The actual granted powers and traits may differ greatly from the below. Consider these for illustrative purposes only.

Alchemist Runestone

“Wine from Water, Lead from Gold”

Grants Potion Recipes

Grants Alchemy Skill

Grants Alchemy Bag (Potions) - Increased inventory space (that can only contain potion bottles) - Potions placed in bag have decreased chance of exploding on impact

-

So they've definitely considered it. The exploding on impact implys that if they arnt in an alchemy bag they'll have a chance to break on hit.

5 - Capturing Boss? Hmm... they closest thing they've confirmed to that is Thralls.

Thralls will be used to either enchant gear or used to sell goods in EK and campaigns while offline. -per faq and news and announcements forums.

I don't want "boss pets". I'd rather there be Thralls and normal monsters who's difficulty increases as the season progress and the world dies.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware that the 2nd suggestion is unlikely. There are reasons why it was not introduced into games yet, and the games that did introduce it, have you model the weapon, send to devs, and hope they put it in the game. Which is just not the same!

As for the potions - well, either way is fine with me, but I just think that the more risks there are to every aspect of the game, the more challenging, fun, it is.

As for the pets - well, "boss" is like the default word to describe "creatures that are too tough to have a pet, and most game developers would never let you have it in the game".

Another suggestions!

Sixth - Have the ability to put your pets/armor/weapons around your turf. Having a room filled with the armor I've returned from each campaign world in chronological order would be awesome.
I've also read that pets and mounts can die :< I doubt I'd risk them, so I'd love to have atleast a place to put them, such as a stable in my land. Maybe create a zoo and charge entrance, hah.

I believe the EK will be primarily used for that. Having it in the campaign will lead to looters. (And although I do want to be able to steal stuff from an enemy city, I doubt people would even want to risk placing something outside of locked doors.)

I'm saying people will murder your pig/pet while you sleep.

This makes me want the feature that Rust has, persistent bodies. If you log out, that's where your body remains. Naturally you'll want to log out behind closed doors if crowfall had that... which I don't think it will.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I believe the EK will be primarily used for that. Having it in the campaign will lead to looters. (And although I do want to be able to steal stuff from an enemy city, I doubt people would even want to risk placing something outside of locked doors.)

I'm saying people will murder your pig/pet while you sleep.

This makes me want the feature that Rust has, persistent bodies. If you log out, that's where your body remains. Naturally you'll want to log out behind closed doors if crowfall had that... which I don't think it will.

Well, if someone wants to risk their stuff...

Anywho, I should have made it clear that I am talking about the EK here - have some sort of a trophy room in my EK with my loot from each campaign, ya know?

Also, stealing (only in the campaign worlds) is a must! Of course, only non-equiped items, stealing someone's leg armor while it's equipped is just plain silly...

Anywho, I should have made it clear that I am talking about the EK here - have some sort of a trophy room in my EK with my loot from each campaign, ya know?

Also, stealing (only in the campaign worlds) is a must! Of course, only non-equiped items, stealing someone's leg armor while it's equipped is just plain silly...

I gotcha.

-

Campaign/EK FAQ:

13. So the purpose of the Kingdom is to store trophies? I thought you said “trophies” were lame?

“Meaningless” trophies are lame. Giving a player a trophy for killing 10 rats is lame; these are similar to the “participation” trophies we give our kids for playing soccer.

Meaningful Trophies (like a Super Bowl ring, or the Stanley Cup) are much cooler. And remember, many of these trophies provide in-game benefit: they can be used to make your Kingdom stronger, or make your team more viable in other Campaigns.

Campaign Trophies include relics, artifacts, materials and rare resources – the things that are required to build structures, craft equipment, and fuel the economy in your Kingdom. It’s not a lobby in the traditional sense; but it serves a similar purpose as a place that players can gather in between participation in Campaigns.

That said, players who have no interest in Kingdoms are not required to visit them.

-

Ofc! As entertaining as pickpoketing would be, I definitely agree. Stealing someone's pants as they walk by would be hilariously silly.

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I'm all for the idea of a trophy room. Maybe allow players to display weapons or armor that they have crafted using rare items. However, I don't see this coming to fruition as the devs (like kiro stated above) don't want meaningless trophies, and who knows what that includes.

Also: thieving could be an interesting addition, would love to eat some thief attempt to steal a potion from me and have it explode on him :P

I gotcha.

-

Campaign/EK FAQ:

13. So the purpose of the Kingdom is to store trophies? I thought you said “trophies” were lame?

“Meaningless” trophies are lame. Giving a player a trophy for killing 10 rats is lame; these are similar to the “participation” trophies we give our kids for playing soccer.

Meaningful Trophies (like a Super Bowl ring, or the Stanley Cup) are much cooler. And remember, many of these trophies provide in-game benefit: they can be used to make your Kingdom stronger, or make your team more viable in other Campaigns.

Campaign Trophies include relics, artifacts, materials and rare resources – the things that are required to build structures, craft equipment, and fuel the economy in your Kingdom. It’s not a lobby in the traditional sense; but it serves a similar purpose as a place that players can gather in between participation in Campaigns.

That said, players who have no interest in Kingdoms are not required to visit them.

-

Ofc! As entertaining as pickpoketing would be, I definitely agree. Stealing someone's pants as they walk by would be hilariously silly.

I see, good to know there are some trophies!

But I'd like to have my own, personal ones.

How cool would it be to enter your trophy room, with your end-game equipment, and have many statues wearing your beloved sets you have used before?

I believe I've seen it made in some other game, also in Skyrim (you could go to a statue, and choose to wear the armor set it had, all at once)

Amazering - Well, meaningless to who? There is such a thing as sentimental value :)

If I had an armor set that looks the grim reaper, wouldn't it be cool to have it at the entrance to my throne room?

Especially if it was my "first epic armor set I've made in the game 4 years ago!" kinda thing.

Edited by MrPriest

Agreed /shrug.

Gear degrades so its got to be really special gear.

True. Or after an epic battle for an enemy city you toss that gear in embargo and get it after the campaign to display.

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I see, good to know there are some trophies!

But I'd like to have my own, personal ones.

How cool would it be to enter your trophy room, with your end-game equipment, and have many statues wearing your beloved sets you have used before?

I believe I've seen it made in some other game, also in Skyrim (you could go to a statue, and choose to wear the armor set it had, all at once)

Amazering - Well, meaningless to who? There is such a thing as sentimental value :)

If I had an armor set that looks the grim reaper, wouldn't it be cool to have it at the entrance to my throne room?

Especially if it was my "first epic armor set I've made in the game 4 years ago!" kinda thing.

I completely agree, being able to revisit that set of armor or that weapon I used during an epic campaign would be awesome. Who knows if this counts as "meaningful" to the devs though?

1. While I agree there has always seemed to be a combat style missing from RPGs in the vein of a samurai (longswords, traditionally 1 handed weapons, held in two hands and used adeptly to have agile, blocking/dodging oriented combat), the asian theme doesn't quite work as most have said.  It's possible still, however, that one of the roles will play like that.  We don't know much about the different archetypes and their specializations.

2. Doesn't fit with the core engagement of the game. Gear doesn't last nearly long enough for me to care what it looks like to such a specific degree.  Crafting is for combat, not beauty.

3. I'd rather not break the immersion of the game world by doing anything from real life, unless it was a really subtle allusion (and then, why bother with the extra work?)

4. Are potions even in the game?  I don't remember.  If so, I think your system wouldn't be bad, but I think it's unnecessarily complicated.  A "buff until dead" works pretty well to balance the risk/reward.

5. Bosses aren't really in the game as far as we know.  I'm not sure what "bosses" you intend to capture.  This is an almost entirely pvp game.

1. While I agree there has always seemed to be a combat style missing from RPGs in the vein of a samurai (longswords, traditionally 1 handed weapons, held in two hands and used adeptly to have agile, blocking/dodging oriented combat), the asian theme doesn't quite work as most have said.  It's possible still, however, that one of the roles will play like that.  We don't know much about the different archetypes and their specializations.

2. Doesn't fit with the core engagement of the game. Gear doesn't last nearly long enough for me to care what it looks like to such a specific degree.  Crafting is for combat, not beauty.

3. I'd rather not break the immersion of the game world by doing anything from real life, unless it was a really subtle allusion (and then, why bother with the extra work?)

4. Are potions even in the game?  I don't remember.  If so, I think your system wouldn't be bad, but I think it's unnecessarily complicated.  A "buff until dead" works pretty well to balance the risk/reward.

5. Bosses aren't really in the game as far as we know.  I'm not sure what "bosses" you intend to capture.  This is an almost entirely pvp game.

2. While I'd love for the visuals to be changed, adding teeth to a sword, can add effects such as rend (bleed), since rather than slashing, the sword is cutting and tearing.

3. Well, these are different worlds, who's to say that we won't see a world with a setting fitting our own? We can use these campaigns to get legendery weapons named after our own (Lu Bu's super warhorse, Longinus, Excalibur) and they can be fictional battles like Camelot.

And I practically mean the map, the visuals, rather than characters (maybe the thralls will be based on generals).

4. I believe potions are in the game, as it was said above, there's the alchemy rune, and potions can even blow up in your backpack.

5. As I've said before, I have used the default word for "big bad enemies unfit to be player pets or mounts". We do have NPCs we can capture (on the 1.7M goal, at least) and I do believe we'd have big monsters at one point or another (the Hunger enemies, etc...)

I'm just going to give my suggestion for potions, which i also posted in the ''no consumables'' thread:

List of what i'd like to see:

- Everything should be ''logical''
For an example, if you drink a potion your don't suddenly start shooting fireballs from your sword or somehow poison your enemy with a strike. I want a real ''survival'' feel to it. My explanations below would be pretty much go hand-in-hand with this point.

- Risky potions.
Something like: Increases strength but also increases your characters need to eat. Makes you go on ''overdrive'' in a way. In a sense, steroids and other ''doping''-esque potions.

Maybe something that kills off your ability to feel pain. Increases health immensly but COMPLETELY removes your health bar and damage indicators/numbers. So you have no idea how much damage you've received.  :P This would also remove stuff like physical movement impairments like if your character needs to limp, he instead hurts himself while running but you moves at normal speeds.

- A Witcher-ish system.
Potions that last a bit longer but give you small, situational buffs like better vision in the dark, poison resistance, increased magic power, enhanced senses to increase your potency in stuff like tracking creatures(would be awesome for bounty hunting), locating resources like herbs etc.

Imagine you drinking a potion which allows you to see in the dark and some people follow you, with the intention to kill, and they can't see anything because you ran into a cave. But you drank a potion, this allows you to start shooting with a bow with good visibility in the dark, while the enemies have no idea where the arrows comes from, for an example.

- Non-(body)consumable consumables.
Something like oils that you put on armor to increase heat resistance, poisons to coat your blade with. Or even oils to increase the durability of your gear. Oinments for stuff like bleeding, poisons, diseases. Specialized arrows even if your character uses a bow even?

- ''Immersive'' everyday consumables
Now food is a given.
But something like alcohol which could increase your pain threshold temporarily but would have decrease your speed/ability to aim straight. Later on would have bad after effects with the logic like hangovers. (See effect for the pain-numbing potion)

I'd also like to link this suggestion :P Maybe you'd like it, if you are looking for a more eastern oriented archetype. :)

Aye, something of a mix would be really cool. :)

I think it'll come back to the gods the archetypes are suppost to worship in a sense.

Considering the characters are immortal and are gathered by the gods from different worlds, would be plausible to think there would be an ''eastern'' continent in one or the other of those worlds. :P

But yes, blade knuckles would be really the way to go. Or some sort of gloves/boots which make kicks and punches seem like blunt weapons a la mace in the face. Except in the form of a compressed fist. Not to mention, if they would be lightly armored, they could be mage-ish classes where they would imbue their fighting style with different elements.

Like the confessor could be 1 of those classes. But if discliplined into a let's say a ''battlemonk'' or something, he/she would be melee with a lot of mobility and elemental melee strikes. :)

Something like this:
0cfa6424d76aff86d3bda3803278355a.jpg

OR 

Pathfinder-Darius-by-Yama-320.png

Added some more, copied from my post in the dev-made user experience topic.

Profanity Filter
Each community, country, dialect, etc... Has their own words they find offensive or not. Can we have a self-made filter, where we add words we don't want to read?
For instance, someone named "hooligan" might be offended if his name is ****. While this is not my thing, I assume there will be sexual role players, who will want to use some words, for instance. (On WoW release there were strippers for cash! Hah)

Bounties
I've never liked the game-managed bounties. How about being able to craft posters and signs, and be able to post them around the world? That way someone in hiding can just remove them whenever he sees them, and a guild guard (if there are such things) will only remember a bounty it has seen in the last few minutes, and not 24/7.

Prisons
I don't know what, if any, plans are for that. But if there will be such a thing, I am hoping for a player-made cell, and when captured by an authority, you have to drag the player to the cell. As such, prison-raids, raiding the prisoner caravan, causing chaos for a guild/city by opening their cells, will be made possible. As for equipment, well, it'd be unfair if you could suddenly steal someone's equipment, so maybe have a cache that holds their equipment in close proximity to the prisoner, at all times.

Chatting
While teamspeak and other outer chat programs will break it, it would be amazing if you could cover someone's mouth so he can't chat. That way, you can infiltrate and cause mass panic due to the enemy not knowing what's happening.
For that reason, I do hope there's a voice-chat made by the game, and prevent outer voice chat sources.
I know this is easily countered with forums, text chats, etc... But still, it would be an amazing feature, I believe.

Macroing Land Manipulation
I am not sure how digging and building works in this game.
However, I think it would be great to be able to macro it, maybe with the help of a rune stone.
Think about making a trap - it means choosing width, depth, cover, etc... This would take time, it's impossible for use in combat.
What if we had a rune that allows saving a working process (higher skill levels allow more actions to be recorded in a single macro, or more macros to be made) - practically making a trapper class? While it would take time to actually do the digging, normally, the planning will be avoided!
Imagine creating pitfalls so zerg guilds just rush into your doors and everyone falls together, and you just created the trap a moment ago according to the route they were taking!

Archetype Intro Levels
One thing I've never liked about MMOs is how long it takes to realize if a class you chose is one that would fit me in the long run.
I usually create a character for each class, play the beginner zone, and only then choose to continue with my favorite.
Problem with that is that in most MMOs, you can't even create enough characters, and usually even playing the beginner zone will not measure how good the class is for me.
I know it's troublesome, but I'd like to suggest an intro level for each archetype.
It would be an instance where you play with a character from an archetype's history, giving the player a glimpse to the lore and general play style of the archetype.
This way, the lore gets some more stage time, no useless character slots are created and no time is wasted on repeating the starting area (if there even is one).
Maybe how the hunger showed itself to each archetype's world, how they lost it and gained access to the other worlds, etc...
It should be short, single player, and connected to the lore.