Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

Multi-Boxing: Haters Gonna Hate - Why Is This Debatable? Should It Be Allowed?

So, less than 20 hours remaining on the Kickstarter and I've yet to see any official response on multi-boxing. Personally I've been sitting here at my desk snatching up all the cheap Kickstarter tiers I can. I'm a streamer and make a living off gaming (lol) and I plan on running 5-10 accounts at once. Yeah.. yeah I know.. you guys with no money/skill hate me.

For me it's a business decision. Have you seen the stream watchers on channels for people that multi-box on WoW and other games? It's a pretty big difference than those who only single box. Reason for this is that people like to watch stuff that they may found challenging and different.. and for many multi-boxing is just that.

Personally I'd probably only use these accounts as pack mules (ez loot for PvP groups) and for farming. I don't think it's ethical to use multi-boxing for PvP (though feasting on the tears of people who only think they should support the game once sounds like fun).

Also, when Shadowbane was around I almost exclusively played the role of a guild spy and loved sabotaging the enemy defenses and playing a key role in the victory of my guild/nation.

Ultimately being a spy and manipulating the politics and strategy of a conflict is the main reason I plan on purchasing multiple accounts. Sure, the typical player who plays a couple hours a day after work or school will/does not have enough time to play as much as I will but why should I hurt my income and stop "working" because you prefer to earn your income differently.

For me and a few others I have connected with (OH NO! THE MULTI-BOXERS ARE WORKING TOGETHER) this is a very important question. I currently have over $1000 in pledges and plan on purchasing VIP for most of those accounts, not to mention the giveaways I will have on my channel.

There really is no way to stop multi-boxers.

One account per MAC address? Simple, people can just create a virtual computer here ya go: https://www.virtualbox.org/

One account per IP address? No problem just run your Virtual boxes or game client through SOCKS or HTTPS proxy and chains: https://www.proxifier.com/ (Another simple fix for IP address changes is running your virtual boxes from different networks using USB adapters and network funneling.)

On a side note, it should be noted that I am completely against botting and AFK macroing. Using multi-box software is essentially glorified/enhanced Alt+Tabbing and it's not against the TOS for games like World of Warcraft and others why in the hell should it be against the rules here?

Furthermore, stopping people from multiboxing will just end up hurting the game/ACE in the long run. I suspect most of the people who will be complaining about multi-boxers are people who are pledging $30-$50 and feel like anyone one who invests more than that in a game are just meanies and should be forced to be "equal."

For example, lets say someone pays $50, like most people, they'll probably only ever pay those $50.. however lets say they pay for VIP membership. It will take that person 63 months (over 5 years) of continual VIP membership to end up paying $1000 (total). 

I'm already paying well over that amount now.. before the game has even launched.. should I just take my money elsewhere if multi-boxing is not allowed?

Edit: fixed typo.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I somehow doubt that multiboxing is going to be of too much use in a twitch-based action combat game. I would think it would be incredibly difficult to play more than one character at a time in a game like Crowfall. For now though, it looks like there is nothing about it against the rules, beta (and release) are still a long ways away though.

Also: I don't know why you sound like someone personally assaulted you. This post came across as very aggressive, not useful for making people want to support what you do.

Edited by amazering

I somehow doubt that multiboxing is going to be of too much use in a twitch-based action combat game. I would think it would be incredibly difficult to play more than one character at a time in a game like Crowfall. For now though, it looks like there is nothing about it against the rules, beta (and release) are still a long ways away though.

Also: I don't know why you sound like someone personally assaulted you. This post came across as very aggressive, not useful for making people want to support what you do.

Yep this.

If he wants to pay ACE to try what he wants hes certainly welcome to as more money to ACE is good for all of us, but I as well doubt its effectiveness in a game of this type.

Yeah, sorry about that lol.. I'm use to Shadowbane's forumbane.. also, I like conflict so it comes out on my posts.. lol I can't wait for the forum drama when the game finally launches. Also, I did a search on multi-boxing threads and everyone seems so against multi-boxing at all and most people suggest that multi-boxers should be banned hence the post.. I'd hate to invest so much in the game only to have all my accounts banned because I enjoy the challenge of multi-boxing.. honestly it's probably a ADHD thing or something I need to keep me feeling occupied. XD

PS: Multi-Box PvP would probably be too challenging anyway.. I'm a bit of a hoarder so most of the accounts will probably just end up being extra bank space XD

So you get paid to play video games? Really all I got out of this thread. Hard to read when you keep trying to drag your sack across my face.

Selling copies of games online is pretty fun, I'm hoping ACE will have some options for online vendors. Streaming is really just a method to market yourself and your store.  :D

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

How do you plan on getting your extras to run themselves with reticle targeting? Auto-follow might not even exist either. 

Edited by Hax

Multiboxing is a legitimate way to play. You pay for every copy of the game, and run it from different computers.

I see no problem with it, and I dont think ACE should either.

Well not exactly though. There is an issue where it comes to hardware and controlling the multiple toons in game. Depends on the games ToS and such but some frown upon being able to hardware script/macro/bot playing of the game. Actual enforcement is another thing as well.

But other than that yes please give ACE lots of money, just no idea if you'll be physiclly able to multibox based on how the game is made or allowed to based on the Devs ToS.

Edited by pang

In the FFA rule set, your multi box will be useless, just saying. All your toons will kill each other, they can't physically be in the same space as each other so I don't see how it would be possible to do any effective combat, the same thing that protects us from zergs will protect us from you, only difference is they all have a separate brain that may get around it, but you can't give each of your characters a brain, only a few macro brain. Good luck.

So you get paid to play video games?

Hate to break it to you all, but being paid to play is like grinding - it becomes a chore.

When I play, I try to remind myself that I should be a connoisseur of fun and do whatever sparks my creativity - not whatever pays the bills.  I've burned out on games when I've forgotten that.  It's not worth it.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger