Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multi-Boxing: Haters Gonna Hate - Why Is This Debatable? Should It Be Allowed?

4 players multiboxing 4 characters each > 4 independent players. So what was your point?Three players tearing down your trebs. Three players with three characters each tearing down your trebs. Can you see the difference in that scenario?

I can, in a tab target game...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you get paid to play video games? Really all I got out of this thread. Hard to read when you keep trying to drag your sack across my face.

Box away sir and good luck to you!  I struggle to effectively play a single toon at once.

It's not a tab target game. Active block/aim combined with friendly fire will probably make multi-boxing extremely inefficient to say the least. No worries here. Box away!

4 players multiboxing 4 characters each > 4 independent players. So what was your point?

The point is, that there are population caps in CWs and that 4 independent characters will be far more effective and efficient than 1 player with 4 multiboxed characters.  Ace is well aware of the situation and has commented in the past:

We aren't fans. However, there's really not a whole lot we can do about it. The thing we can try is: ensure that there's so much to do with an active character that playing multiple would likely mean you aren't performing at 100% effectiveness on either. 

source: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5575-player-experience-self-policing-suggestion-thread/page-9#entry135436

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

The point is, that there are population caps in CWs and that 4 independent characters will be far more effective and efficient than 1 player with 4 multiboxed characters.  Ace is well aware of the situation and has commented in the past:

source: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5575-player-experience-self-policing-suggestion-thread/page-9#entry135436

That's not very comforting. Even if they're only 25% as effective your still going to have to deal with them all and the others will become more effective with each one that is killed.

Edited by zymurgeist

CF_Osgyth.png

There's plenty of MMOs to multibox in. The tab-target ones are your best chance. Why bored of that already?

Edited by Lastboy

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Yes, but the cap is for overall pop.  I highly doubt everyone will be logged in at the same time.  No-one should be locked out because of pop cap.

So, less than 20 hours remaining on the Kickstarter and I've yet to see any official response on multi-boxing. Personally I've been sitting here at my desk snatching up all the cheap Kickstarter tiers I can. I'm a streamer and make a living off gaming (lol) and I plan on running 5-10 accounts at once. Yeah.. yeah I know.. you guys with no money/skill hate me.

Edit: fixed typo.

We are encouraging everyone in our guild to box, running scouting accounts for PvP will be nice, also running pack mules for materials will be helpful. When PvP gets heavy boxing becomes quite hard so I don't see it providing a huge advantage. Not sure who your playing with but you can check us out www.knightsofshadow.com

Yep.

IIRC, they said you're only allowed one Character per Campaign(been trying to find the quote but no luck). So this whole convo is likely null and void.

1 per account is what they said.....Not 1 per campaign.....

Man y'all are still talking about this? We need more content to talk about.  :ph34r:

Multiboxing. Multi accounts. Who really cares? :rolleyes:

Congrats on spending a down payment + on a house on your gaming setup. I hope you enjoy it.  :blink:

Multiple accounts? Cool story bro. Most people who play competitively have an alt/bank account.  B)

• 2 weeks later...

You saying it's going to be different here?

No, it will be the exact same. Someone will create a multibox army and take over each and every campaign due to how easy it is to fight with 100 characters at the same time.

No, it will be the exact same. Someone will create a multibox army and take over each and every campaign due to how easy it is to fight with 100 characters at the same time.

God Damn it.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015