Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

Multi-Boxing: Haters Gonna Hate - Why Is This Debatable? Should It Be Allowed?

I think they should just ban people they can prove are multiboxing.  Set a zero tolerance precedent and then let people try to abuse the system and hopefully get punished for it.

Multi-boxing can be a huge advantage in a campaign.

I think they should just ban people they can prove are multiboxing.  Set a zero tolerance precedent and then let people try to abuse the system and hopefully get punished for it.

not really.

How are you going to controll 3 or more chars in a campaign at the same time when its an action based game?

I'd pick off multiboxers left and right in an actual fight.

They were more scary in traditional mmos, since they could just tab-target and spam skills. But in CF they dont have that luxury and they have to actually target me manually with each different char.

Let them come and give me more loot :)

Edited by zinnie

not really.

How are you going to controll 3 or more chars in a campaign at the same time when its an action based game?

I'd pick off multiboxers left and right in an actual fight.

They were more scary in traditional mmos, since they could just tab-target and spam skills. But in CF they dont have that luxury and they have to actually target me manually with each different char.

Let them come and give me more loot :)

You don't have to control them at the same time, you can control them in rapid succession. 

Multi-box all day son. That's easy pickings in a PvP environment. You might get me once by surprise but after that...let the bodies hit the floor. In PvP multi-boxers are really only useful defending a point if they have elevation or if it's a choke point. If you can attack the multi-boxer from different angles it's an easy way to rack up kills.

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

Not into multiboxing myself, but I'm against those limitations that would hurt families and roommates from playing together without having to jump through silly hoops.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

let them.

I'd be happy to have my enemies fed to me in a line.

This kinda thought process is a matter of ego imo.  That's all fine and well until a player significantly better than you is controlling 4 different characters to defend against a siege. 

:rolleyes:

I don't see a problem with it... mainly because there is friendly fire/collision detection. It will take a lot of skill and pre-planning to make it work out.

Environment manipulation could break one of your characters off the same path.. and with collision detection you cant just run into a corner with them to make them stack and make them easier to control. It will be interesting to see a multi boxer... the average one will probably run 2 and if they get good they'll run 4. Also I doubt they'll go anywhere friendly fire is on so I hope it will be on everywhere.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

This kinda thought process is a matter of ego imo.  That's all fine and well until a player significantly better than you is controlling 4 different characters to defend against a siege. 

Again, he is not going to be able to play all 4 at once, like you yourself said.

He is basicly coming at me one at the time, which is why I said I'd pick them off one by one.

If he proves he can beat me with four chars, so be it, I'll bring a couple of friends next time.

I'm pointing out the non-issue with multiboxing.  People regard them as this dark entity that destroys everyone and its so unfair, when they are pretty harmless.

Again, he is not going to be able to play all 4 at once, like you yourself said.

He is basicly coming at me one at the time, which is why I said I'd pick them off one by one.

If he proves he can beat me with four chars, so be it, I'll bring a couple of friends next time.

I'm pointing out the non-issue with multiboxing.  People regard them as this dark entity that destroys everyone and its so unfair, when they are pretty harmless.

If I play uber_char_01 and die and then play uber_char_02 and so on and so forth in defending a siege that can be a huge advantage.  If you're talking about 1 person vs 1 person you would have to siege through multiple characters to succeed and chances are your 1 character is not good at everything and may have hard counters. 

It may be a nonissue to you, but wait until really fanatical guilds are doing it with hundreds of characters.

If I play uber_char_01 and die and then play uber_char_02 and so on and so forth in defending a siege that can be a huge advantage.  If you're talking about 1 person vs 1 person you would have to siege through multiple characters to succeed and chances are your 1 character is not good at everything and may have hard counters. 

It may be a nonissue to you, but wait until really fanatical guilds are doing it with hundreds of characters.

Thats more money to ACE and more money to support the game.

It does not however make them any better at the game. I've been up against multiboxers in several games over the years, they have never scared me.

They might be able to nuke you pretty fast, but if you can attack them from different angles with a friend, they are gone.

This is a non-issue imo. If people want to multibox, why not? 

Its more loot for the rest of us, and more cash for ACE.

Can someone explain to me how multi-boxing helps in a game w/ soft skill shots/action combat? I don't understand how multi-boxing and having a multiplexed keyboard means you have skill. Forgive my ignorance.

I don't have a problem with the ridiculous things other people do for fun as long as it doesn't mess up the balance of the game, but as the past has shown "One does not simply multibox".  There's always other "stuff" they do to gain an edge.

Thats more money to ACE and more money to support the game.

It does not however make them any better at the game. I've been up against multiboxers in several games over the years, they have never scared me.

They might be able to nuke you pretty fast, but if you can attack them from different angles with a friend, they are gone.

This is a non-issue imo. If people want to multibox, why not? 

Its more loot for the rest of us, and more cash for ACE.

Gold farm bots are more money to ace and more money to support the game too. 

If multi-boxing is allowed you are going to see some campaigns won simply because one guild heavily emphasizes multi-boxing and becomes unassailable because of it. 

There really is no way to stop multi-boxers.

One account per MAC address? Simple, people can just create a virtual computer here ya go: https://www.virtualbox.org/

One account per IP address? No problem just run your Virtual boxes or game client through SOCKS or HTTPS proxy and chains: https://www.proxifier.com/ (Another simple fix for IP address changes is running your virtual boxes from different networks using USB adapters and network funneling.)

I use VirtualBox all the time for my job. It would not be an effective way to multibox at all. Sure, it would circumvent any physical address blocking, but you are splitting your computer resources in half, and there is a maximum of 128mb of shared video memory. It may work on older titles, but Virtual Machines would melt under the stress of a Unity 5 game. Even if you workaround the 128mb shared memory, emulation is consistently a pisspoor way to play games. If it were effective Linux users wouldn't be dual-booting and Valve would be implementing it into SteamOS. 

As to IP address blocking, that seems to prove you really don't know much of what you're talking about. Households only have one external facing IP address, so blocking at the IP level would prevent multiple players within a household, which would never, ever happen. 

Same computer multiboxing can be blocked by only allowing one PID for crowfall.exe to exist on the computer at any time. There is no need to block a physical address. If people want to multibox they will simply use a laptop beside their computer, or a second desktop beside their main setup. You are getting way too complicated with your methods.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png