Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

Multi-Boxing: Haters Gonna Hate - Why Is This Debatable? Should It Be Allowed?

Threads like this are great because it allows me to add more people to my ignore list. Nothing worse than a bunch of babies crying about a non-issue. If you can't handle a multi-boxer in PvP it means you really do suck that bad.

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread then why bother chiming in?  I also find it a bit funny that someone that has to make use of an ignore list is talking about others being cry babies. 

Zero tolerance policy is the easiest solution, remove the headache by just not condoning multi-boxing.

I wouldn't normally agree but I think this might be necessary. I just don't know how they will prevent it and even if they tried, some people would inevitably find their way around it. I just hope it makes its way as an important topic for them to at least discuss and weigh the possible consequences of it.

All they have to do is say it is against ToS.  And then have GMs go investigate heavily reported/obvious cases of it and ban those people.

How about disable auto-follow?  *mindblown*

Multi-boxing programming does not require auto-follow

It's a safe bet most multi-boxers are nothing more than people with money and macros and auto-follow. If they're botting that's a different issue.

Edited by Hax

yep, lets ban all players we dont like. Lets target people with good ping next :)

Multi-boxing generally isn't something that the devs encourage people to do.  Having good hardware and interent is something they encourage. 

First, they will be made up with by time.  Two, kick-starters have to be accounted for separately as they helped make the game even possible.  Lastly, you may not even have to pay for the passive skill once the PLEX (or whatever it will be called) system is in place.  You will trade in-game currency for VIP status without costing a single dime.

I feel your understanding of Pay2Win is not complete. Something does not suddenly stop becoming pay2win because there are non-paying mechanisms to achieve the same skills. In fact, the P2W model always allows users to not pay, if they are willing to wait longer. It is actually the most crucial part of their system. P2W work by having very little upfront investment in order to capture a player. Once the player is captured, the system then changes to one where the player is heavily advantaged by paying more money, either in time or in advantages not available to non-paying users. 

When something is considered Pay2Win, it is due to the in-game disparity between the paying user and the non-paying user. Most importantly it is a system specifically created and fashioned by the developer from the start to advantage paying users. Multiboxing is not part of ACEs mandate. In fact, the game being action-based already makes the game less suitable than most for it. Multiboxing would only be Pay2Win if it 1) became an actual problem that gave a huge advantage to players using it and 2) ACE did nothing to prevent it either before or after the problem occurred.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

I feel your understanding of Pay2Win is not complete. Something does not suddenly stop becoming pay2win because there are non-paying mechanisms to achieve the same skills

You are right, I do not understand you.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

I really haven't seen an argument against multi-boxing other than "it's not fair so let's ban them all"

Like I said, I really enjoy the idea of being able to join enemy guilds and sabotage their defenses.. I'm guessing most of you carebears out there are against this right? Why should I be able to play with my guild while at the same time be able to spy on my enemy.. totally a bannable offense right?

Also, when it comes to macros.. should I be banned for using macros I make with my Razer mouse and keyboard? Or do you mean botting? My mouse allows me to record key-strokes and clicks on the fly.. if I'm crafting and sitting infront of my screen should I be banned for making a macro that refines ore for me instead of me sitting there clicking and doing the same thing over and over?

You know.. it only costs like $40 to buy a mouse with macro functions.. are you really against macros or do you mean botting? I'm pretty sure there's a difference.. but I'm guessing most of you are against macros completely?

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I really haven't seen an argument against multi-boxing other than "it's not fair so let's ban them all"

Like I said, I really enjoy the idea of being able to join enemy guilds and sabotage their defenses.. I'm guessing most of you carebears out there are against this right? Why should I be able to play with my guild while at the same time be able to spy on my enemy.. totally a bannable offense right?

Also, when it comes to macros.. should I be banned for using macros I make with my Razer mouse and keyboard? Or do you mean botting? My mouse allows me to record key-strokes and clicks on the fly.. if I'm crafting and sitting infront of my screen should I be banned for making a macro that refines ore for me instead of me sitting there clicking and doing the same thing over and over?

You know.. it only costs like $40 to buy a mouse with macro functions.. are you really against macros or do you mean botting? I'm pretty sure there's a difference.. but I'm guessing most of you are against macros completely?

I get the feeling that this whole thread is a trap somehow.

I get the feeling that this whole thread is a trap somehow.

I get the feeling that the poster you quoted uses a razar naga and thinks it adds really cool functionality to his gaming experience. 

I just want to buy accounts for my children, so they can enjoy Crowfall with me and our guild.

Well it's not a children's game so when they get their feelings hurt you have your poor parental skills to blame. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I get the feeling that the poster you quoted uses a razar naga and thinks it adds really cool functionality to his gaming experience. 

I actually do have a naga (epic chroma) and a blackwidow ultimate (chroma), and they are VERY useful, especially when video and photo editing on Photoshop and Aftereffects. And yeah.. the added features do make my gaming experiences alot more enjoyable.

razer_blackwidow_ultimate_chroma.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I highly recommend these to everyone. Hopefully using these on Crowfall isn't a bannable offense.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

You are one very loud voice in a sea of nobody giving a custard.  This game isn't going to be like SB with the botting, the combat won't support that playstyle so who really cares?

It should be noted that Todd did make a reference to some kind of penalty to campaigns and alt, so this would be a direct evasion of that. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I actually do have a naga (epic chroma) and a blackwidow ultimate (chroma), and they are VERY useful, especially when video and photo editing on Photoshop and Aftereffects. And yeah.. the added features do make my gaming experiences alot more enjoyable.

razer_blackwidow_ultimate_chroma.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I highly recommend these to everyone. Hopefully using these on Crowfall isn't a bannable offense.

Nailed it.

You are one very loud voice in a sea of nobody giving a custard.  This game isn't going to be like SB with the botting, the combat won't support that playstyle so who really cares?

It should be noted that Todd did make a reference to some kind of penalty to campaigns and alt, so this would be a direct evasion of that. 

Yep.

IIRC, they said you're only allowed one Character per Campaign(been trying to find the quote but no luck). So this whole convo is likely null and void.

No point in arguing with the clowns who are against multi-boxing. They are just insulted because they've gotten demolished by a multi-boxer and have made it their mission to attempt to make multi-boxing the worst thing in multiplayer gaming ever. It's kind of like arguing with religious nuts, they have no common sense or a sense of reality.

Edited by Pyara

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

Yep.

IIRC, they said you're only allowed one Character per Campaign(been trying to find the quote but no luck). So this whole convo is likely null and void.

One char per account per campaign has nothing to do with people who are multiboxing aka using multiple accounts all playing the game at the same time.

Edited by sheen