Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multi-Boxing: Haters Gonna Hate - Why Is This Debatable? Should It Be Allowed?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you get paid to play video games? Really all I got out of this thread. Hard to read when you keep trying to drag your sack across my face.

Box away sir and good luck to you!  I struggle to effectively play a single toon at once.

It's not a tab target game. Active block/aim combined with friendly fire will probably make multi-boxing extremely inefficient to say the least. No worries here. Box away!

You should have bought at least 10 more Amber... so you can do multi-box duels in one of your EKs.   :rolleyes:

Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

honestly, if you're willing to put in the time, money and energy into doing it, I say go for it. I kind of want to see how it turns out.

But I maintain it is against the spirit of the game.

I plan to focus on crafting and playing as a minotaur. 

You should have bought at least 10 more Amber... so you can do multi-box duels in one of your EKs.   :rolleyes:

I'm not really into stat stacking.. having a high KDR doesn't really mean much if you're just killing bots.

honestly, if you're willing to put in the time, money and energy into doing it, I say go for it. I kind of want to see how it turns out.

But I maintain it is against the spirit of the game.

It's more just about saving time.. let's say I play this game for a year or so.. and instead of running all across the map or dedicating a single character to some boring task.. I can do multiple things at once. Let's say I save 2-3 hours this way on a daily basis 4 days a week.. that's at least over 400 hours of grind time saved. :o

Lets say you get paid $8 an hour that's like saving $3200+ worth of time.

It's all a matter of perspective imo..

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I'm not really into stat stacking.. having a high KDR doesn't really mean much if you're just killing bots.

Either way, looks like you're on your way to multi-box like a pro! 

t700_01c1d80275571acb56ef6c50da614b84.jp

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

It's more just about saving time.. let's say I play this game for a year or so.. and instead of running all across the map or dedicating a single character to some boring task.. I can do multiple things at once. Let's say I save 2-3 hours this way on a daily basis 4 days a week.. that's at least over 400 hours of grind time saved. :o

Lets say you get paid $8 an hour that's like saving $3200+ worth of time.

It's all a matter of perspective imo..

If you're being paid hourly, wouldn't you want to take as much time as possible?

But I see what you're saying. If you're playing as a way to generate income, you want it as efficient as possible, whereas someone like me plays for fun, and doesn't mind the boring stuff. 

I plan to focus on crafting and playing as a minotaur. 

If you're being paid hourly, wouldn't you want to take as much time as possible?

But I see what you're saying. If you're playing as a way to generate income, you want it as efficient as possible, whereas someone like me plays for fun, and doesn't mind the boring stuff. 

Just saying for me the time saved between the grind is worth it.  :)

<3

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Yep.

IIRC, they said you're only allowed one Character per Campaign(been trying to find the quote but no luck). So this whole convo is likely null and void.

One character per account. Multiboxing requires multiple accounts, exceptions apply. Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I hate u bro @thenebrosity for even suggesting this.. ..multi boxing to get an in-game advantage.

At least there's no healing priests bots.. Support bots? sure, some will use multiple accounts for support to help to win a campaign or a PvP encounter.

But since your sig. is so sexy; old classic sub or bane strategy I'll let it go for now. :mellow:

Seriously though, I think multi boxing will be a lot harder in an action game, because it's no tab targeting - so you need to

somehow pay attention with your main character in combat for instance.

But I'm certain some will multibox a crafter/harvester while guarding him/her on his main PvP toon.  ^_^

My understanding at the moment is that crafting/harvesting characters are gimped in PvP and combat, but I don't know the details -

so I could be wrong, m8, so I'm only speculating here.  :)

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I hate u bro @thenebrosity for even suggesting this.. ..multi boxing to get an in-game advantage.
At least there's no healing priests bots.. Support bots? sure, some will use multiple accounts for support to help to win a campaign or a PvP encounter.
But since your sig. is so sexy; old classic sub or bane strategy I'll let it go for now. :mellow:

Seriously though, I think multi boxing will be a lot harder in an action game, because it's no tab targeting - so you need to
somehow pay attention with your main character in combat for instance.
But I'm certain some will multibox a crafter/harvester while guarding him/her on his main PvP toon.  ^_^
My understanding at the moment is that crafting/harvesting characters are gimped in PvP and combat, but I don't know the details -
so I could be wrong, m8, so I'm only speculating here.  :)

XD  The new strat will be "bow or bane"

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Not that I'm against multiboxing, but I think it'd be hilarious if ACE only allowed a single process instance.

lol yeah it would be pretty lame, but like I mentioned before all I have to do is "host" a "lan" party. Also, a couple of those accounts are spy accounts.. no one will suspect a sapphire spy XD

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

How do you plan on getting your extras to run themselves with reticle targeting? Auto-follow might not even exist either. 

Good point! If they plan to let aside the auto-follow, it will make multi-boxing harder... plus the lack of tab-targeting.

As BraveSirRobin wrote, it's already difficult to play a single character, multi-boxing is not for me!  :P

like this?

IsMMJ4x.png?1

Also, why on multiple computers? I should be able to easily multi-box using my PC.

Not that I'm against multiboxing, but I think it'd be hilarious if ACE only allowed a single process instance.

I find it strange you posted your Paypal statement...  Its not that we dont believe you, it's that we just dont care....

whocares.gif

dulpoa76627.png

Sir, I believe you underestimate my multi-boxing abilities.

evemulti1x.jpg

w4eAe.jpg

5069f24a74c5b64b160007e5._w.540_h.359_s.

Yea on a game like wow or similiarly like it sure. That doesn't require aiming, and the use of dodging.

Of course its easy in "stand still, no need to move, click buttons and win" games. Most mmorpgs PvE/Pvp.

But show me in an fps and its just not possible to control more than 1 character simultaneously and be good. Without the use of cheats.