Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multi-Boxing: Haters Gonna Hate - Why Is This Debatable? Should It Be Allowed?

I mean good for you if you can afford that much but if you aren't planning on selling the accounts (which would be the smart idea) and are just doing it for item storage, you're kind of an idiot. Do you really think you can manage 8 accounts on a screen at a time, especially in a siege? I mean granted, you might be able to keep two characters alive reasonably well but most of them will die and lose everything. Not to mention, if you are telling people "I have a group of relatively useless characters I can't pay attention to since I need to manage them all at once" it will be easy target practice for looters. While you are focusing on fending off 3 guys with 2 accounts back and fourth, your other 5 are already dead because they just stood there motionlessly, looted and then those people come to finish you off. Again, good for you if you think you can handle this but I think everyone else is getting the last laugh when we see an idiot with 12 alts carrying heaps of gold that we can both rob, and laugh at how this guy spent over a grand on this because he saw some people do it on WoW (a game that is free up until level 20)

lol... I already have multiple accounts that I plan on using for that, infact I already have a number of offers from the late comers that missed the kickstarter.. good thing I got $100 worth of $5 pledges ez 25-50 ea. and they still get the KickStarter rewards (most messages have come from people in the EU).

Also, I use to 10-20 box Shadowbane sieges all the time.. it's really not that hard.. lol

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you get paid to play video games? Really all I got out of this thread. Hard to read when you keep trying to drag your sack across my face.

Box away sir and good luck to you!  I struggle to effectively play a single toon at once.

It's not a tab target game. Active block/aim combined with friendly fire will probably make multi-boxing extremely inefficient to say the least. No worries here. Box away!

Anyone who has ever been deep in the Political/Economic Meta almost always has 2 accounts and is multi-boxing, You can't stop what you can't detect. I don't see why they would bother spending resources on stopping somebody from two boxing when we can/will find a way around whatever they put in place.

Edit: Drinking and typing skill has diminished. Besides, it's also at least 2 monthly VIP nuts the CF Krew can get out of a single player once this title goes live

Edited by Tasorin

It's just another "look at me" thread.

I've multi boxed a lot, but since I have a great guild for CF, I have no need.

QFT

Yeah I've been trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and a chance to redeem himself and also hoping this post would die sooner than later (I realize me posting and bumping it back to the top of the list isn't helping), but from the get-go I've felt that this is a "look at me thread". 

First it was the original post that was kind of bragging about his skills of being a multi-boxer with a somewhat combative I dare you to think differently tone.  Then he posts a picture of his super-awesome multi-box setup, which I'm not denying looks pretty cool, but again feels like another attempt/excuse to show off.  After that he posts a picture of his Paypal statement showing how rich/awesome he is because he's able to drop thousands of dollars on a bunch of KS accounts.

But I'm with you Ozzie Mozzie.  I'm here to enjoy the game with other people and not be an army unto myself.  No one should have/need to play more than one account to enjoy a game if they're doing it right and for the right reasons.  Anyone who thinks they need to play more than one account, especially 10-20 like he was referencing in one of his previous posts is either A) Treating the game like a business, which should never be the case with a game, because games are meant to be fun and not a job and/or B) Trying to be an army unto themselves and using the benefits of extra accounts/money/resources to gain an advantage and "beat" everyone else and draw attention to themselves because they desperately desire said attention to stroke their egos with their "little man" syndrome.

This topic is now 9 pages long and I'm pretty sure the OP is responsible for at least 2-3 of those pages because he tries to respond as often as he can, so that the post stays on the first page and never leaves it, so that again more and more attention can be brought to him.

But seriously though, I wish this thread would die already. I hope I don't post in it again like a fool to draw even more attention to it, but I'm not giving myself that much credit.

QFT

Yeah I've been trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and a chance to redeem himself and also hoping this post would die sooner than later (I realize me posting and bumping it back to the top of the list isn't helping), but from the get-go I've felt that this is a "look at me thread". 

First it was the original post that was kind of bragging about his skills of being a multi-boxer with a somewhat combative I dare you to think differently tone.  Then he posts a picture of his super-awesome multi-box setup, which I'm not denying looks pretty cool, but again feels like another attempt/excuse to show off.  After that he posts a picture of his Paypal statement showing how rich/awesome he is because he's able to drop thousands of dollars on a bunch of KS accounts.

But I'm with you Ozzie Mozzie.  I'm here to enjoy the game with other people and not be an army unto myself.  No one should have/need to play more than one account to enjoy a game if they're doing it right and for the right reasons.  Anyone who thinks they need to play more than one account, especially 10-20 like he was referencing in one of his previous posts is either A) Treating the game like a business, which should never be the case with a game, because games are meant to be fun and not a job and/or B) Trying to be an army unto themselves and using the benefits of extra accounts/money/resources to gain an advantage and "beat" everyone else and draw attention to themselves because they desperately desire said attention to stroke their egos with their "little man" syndrome.

This topic is now 9 pages long and I'm pretty sure the OP is responsible for at least 2-3 of those pages because he tries to respond as often as he can, so that the post stays on the first page and never leaves it, so that again more and more attention can be brought to him.

But seriously though, I wish this thread would die already. I hope I don't post in it again like a fool to draw even more attention to it, but I'm not giving myself that much credit.

I could care less if people "look at me" after doing a search for "multiboxing" 90% of the threads out there were calling for multi-boxers to be banned usually with ludicrous reasonings such as "it's impossible to do", "it hurts the game financially" and "I only play with one account anyone else is just cheating."

My tone in the OP is a reponse to all the BS people have already stated about multi-boxng.. I really want to get people talking about multi-boxing because it's important to me and other players on here that really plan on becoming a longtime patron and Crowfall gamer. I hate the idea that if you have 10 accounts you must be doing this as a business and not for fun. That response usually comes from people that have never even tried multiboxing or honestly lack the ability to multibox either by skill or hardware.. I genuinely enjoy multi-boxing and find it very entertaining.. if anything it probably had more to do with ADHD than anything else.. I'd probably get bored playing one account at a time.. if it's possible, I'd prefer to play multiple accounts at once. 

In Shadowbane it was almost a given that you would be multiboxing.. whether to simply have a buff bot, looter (so you can go back to your base and bank while still maintaining your farm spot or to have a "basher" at sieges (where you have a high strength mino bashing on a wall while you guard him with your main PvP toon. I'm telling you now, this will be the case again.

The most winningest guilds will have 2 or more accounts per player, I'm calling it right now.. it only makes sense. You want a chance at getting more out of a campaign? You want a dedicated crafter while you have a main PvP toon? You want a scout to help your main PvP toon find people to kill? Just get a second/third/+ account..

I just think that it's better to talk about this now rather than later.

Also, the fact that the Crowfall team is using people like @MarkeeDragon to market their game (a notorious business-centered multi-boxer/botter) speaks volumes about the CF Team's stance on this.

IMHO, people need to be ready to multi-box if they really wana excel and have fun in Crowfall.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

• 4 weeks later...

Zero tolerance policy is the easiest solution, remove the headache by just not condoning multi-boxing.

wtf? lol why, because you only want to play with one account? How do you justify that?

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

They already said multiple accounts can be played, although they are not specifically condoning it,  they are not putting forth the resources to stop it either.  I asked this question in kickstarter because I bought multiple accounts.  My interest is not multi boxing though.  It is playing multiple campaigns at same time or use as a spy account.

Of course no one thinks guild drama and the issues implied that I obsess over to the point of questionably of my sanity isn't an issue worth having massive essays and overblown multi paragraphic citation on which is an issue to do with the health of the community and in turn keeping the game fun for everyone to be worth having such conversations over, they'd rather keep it short and sweet or outright mock.

But oh no low and behold bring up the topic about Multiboxing and everyone goes ballistic and crazy...

Seriously, is this the kind of community you'd think people would want to be a part of?

Would take me a week just to read though this short novel.

But just reading what is on page one because I honestly can't be bothered to read anything else (no offense everyone).

But I believe the same as what appears to be that of a lot of people, good luck multiboxing this game - it's combat mechanics are not target click.

Unless the combat system is going to be anything like Everquest model with select target, press button 1 to 10 or F1 to F9 etc, all macro based, all scripted, then multiboxing would be very difficult to manage for one person.  

If the combat in this game is more in tune with that in games like Tera, Swordsman, DC Universe Online, etc... well good luck with that. 

If the mechanics of the game effectively makes multiboxing pointless, all the better.  Because just for example, I play EVE Online, not much, but a few times a week, the only people in that game I've ever encountered who have mental stability issues, are toxic, or just genuinely nasty people you don't want to associate with are Multiboxers.  No wonder CODE want to suicide gank them...

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

One combat character being actively played and one crafter putting a new loaf of bread in the oven every few minutes is a reasonable and achievable degree of multitasking.

The way I envision points of interest in Crowfall makes this type of multi-boxing very detrimental. Players should have to choose between actively holding the best defensive location at the mouth of the mine or gathering deep within it. Should not be able to do both at the same time.

There's an irony in the attitude that multiboxing is okay because it won't work out and they'll be easy to kill anyway. Aren't we the same community who scorn carebears and boo-hiss-boo at the mere mention of PvE? We do not want people multiboxing if it's going to make killing them easier!

But in all seriousness, no. If the game was meant to be multiboxed it would be encouraged as part of the core features. Ban it, get rid of it and never again allow it to see the light of day. If you don't find the game fun in the way it's MEANT to be played then what's the point in playing at all?

Players should have to choose between actively holding the best defensive location at the mouth of the mine or gathering deep within it. Should not be able to do both at the same time.

Realistically, how would you stop them? You can't block multiple game streams to the same IP address without disrupting multiplayer households (or in some cases, multiplayer neighborhoods). You can prevent multiple logins from one account but you can't stop someone from buying multiple accounts. You can prevent multiple logins from one system but you can't stop someone from having multiple systems (or from virtualizing an adequately beefy system).

So, how do you plan to enforce your "should"? Because a "should" with no teeth is a waste of tears.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I am no expert but I don't think ACE should waste their limited resources preventing multiboxing, especially if it doesn't bring an actual advantage in game.

Action combat isn't multiboxing friendly and gear decays on death, so wasting it on a multiboxed character sounds like a shooting yourself in the foot.

Crafting is most likely to be a full time job to be able to craft the best stuff, so I doubt multiboxed characters will be competitive in a campaign, unless you focus on them, which defeats the point of multiboxing.

Same goes for all kinds of activities in this game.

Edited by Krethys

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

I mean it's a design standpoint.

You could ban multiboxers over and over and force tons of other people who share a family account or roommates to suffer going through loops and hoops with support...

Or...

You could just basically discourage multiboxing by idk, making it an active GAME with consequences rather than a world simulator where anyone can just run around on dress up dolls in passive play where afking is pretty inconsequential.

Not really that hard. You could do the multibox, but you're gonna have a bad time and it's not going to enhance your gameplay like it would in farming simulators like EvE mining.

You don't strongarm them, that would be like trying to cover your ass on bad design. You just go "feel free to, good luck with that." and watch themselves slap their own faces instead. It's pretty much psychology 101.

You let the design do the talking and shifts people's psychology and behavior according to it. That's what meta really means, not some popular pick or flavor build of the month.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I am no expert but I don't think ACE should waste their limited resources preventing multiboxing, especially if it doesn't bring an actual advantage in game.

Action combat isn't multiboxing friendly and gear decays on death, so wasting it on a multiboxed character sounds like a shooting yourself in the foot.

Crafting is most likely to be a full time job to be able to craft the best stuff, so I doubt multiboxed characters will be competitive in a campaign, unless you focus on them, which defeats the point of multiboxing.

Same goes for all kinds of activities in this game.

Just for lulz, I'd beg to differ. People will be able to easily play 2-3 characters, they go into a fight die and run in with parked character #2.. die again and run in with parked character #3. Multiboxing can be done quite effectively if done correctly.

Not to mention just the pure utility characters like buff bots, summon bots and farm bots, wall-basher-bots, craft bots.. they may not be able to PvP worth of s### but can sure make moving around and farming alot easier.

Futhermore, it's to be expected that the best* guilds will have members with multiple accounts ready to have 1-2+ additional PvP toons Parked ready to defend/attack a location, but the true stratigic advantage will be specialized groups in PvP. "Ok guys X enemy has mostly undead characters, let's get on our Holy Characters" "X Guild has a bunch of Mino Warriors, let's get on out Caster Spec group.. switch accounts" so on and so fourth.

^ Spec. Groups are what players will need* multiple accounts for.. it's kind of forced upon people since (currently) they can only bring in one character into a campaign per account. If people don't want to see rampant multi-boxing I'd suggest they start ranting about removing the one character per campaign rule.

Expect it and be prepared to defend against it with your multiple accounts.

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Given this is the VoxelFarm Engine and given that how mining works in other voxel games - like Minecraft and like Landmark, I get the feeling we'll have to dig, we'll have to actively look.  We'll have to actively conduct any form of resource gathering in a manner like that of Minecraft, which means... multiboxing will be very hard to do.  You can't simply walk up to a node and click on it and watch your timer go while your character auto-hacks away at it.  You have to hold down the button while your character mines it, then you have to manually dig further to access more of the metal vein.  Or you have to spend a while digging out blocks of stone to get enough materials to build that stone wall.  Yeah well, my question is, can you multibox in minecraft without being frustrated?  No, didn't think so either.

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

>Multiboxers defending this thread

mwfvc6.jpg

It only works in traditional tab-target MMOs to gain an edge...

Just for lulz, I'd beg to differ. People will be able to easily play 2-3 characters, they go into a fight die and run in with parked character #2.. die again and run in with parked character #3. Multiboxing can be done quite effectively if done correctly.

Not to mention just the pure utility characters like buff bots, summon bots and farm bots, wall-basher-bots, craft bots.. they may not be able to PvP worth of s### but can sure make moving around and farming alot easier.

Futhermore, it's to be expected that the best* guilds will have members with multiple accounts ready to have 1-2+ additional PvP toons Parked ready to defend/attack a location, but the true stratigic advantage will be specialized groups in PvP. "Ok guys X enemy has mostly undead characters, let's get on our Holy Characters" "X Guild has a bunch of Mino Warriors, let's get on out Caster Spec group.. switch accounts" so on and so fourth.

^ Spec. Groups are what players will need* multiple accounts for.. it's kind of forced upon people since (currently) they can only bring in one character into a campaign per account. If people don't want to see rampant multi-boxing I'd suggest they start ranting about removing the one character per campaign rule.

That sounds like some obsessive need for efficiency which is rather ironic in a skill-based action game. I will prepare nothing but to have fun.

Edited by Lastboy

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Except you will be multiplying your resource requirements / drain for each additional character in that campaign, just to save a little run time.  Characters that will be active only a fraction of the time.  So 3 characters equals triple resource cost for 1/3 individual uptime.

Edited by Doomgrin

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Oh I'm sure players will enjoy killing you 1 by 1.... or your afk group of parked characters.  Sorry, threat level fun!

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I multibox, and I expect to do so with Crowfall.  However, given the way Crowfall works, I'm damned well not going to be putting two toons into the one campaign.  Multiboxing in PvP is a fast way to have everyone die horribly, and a really fast way to give my enemies a lot more equipment.

I honestly have no idea what I'll be doing with the second account, beyond giving more cash to the developers.  I've run up to 14 accounts simultaneously in Eve, and four in WoW, and I really cannot see any point in Crowfall so far that multiboxing two toons in the same campaign is going to give me even the slightest advantage.  Even with well setup keybindings it just doesn't work well, and when you take into account needing to actively dodge stuff AND no tab-targetting?  If you're worried about going 1v3 against a multiboxer in those conditions...

I can see putting one toon into a campaign with high returns for losing sides, just to get resources, and playing my main on something more risky (and fun).  That's an advantage right there.  So maybe make high loss return campaigns longer ones, to reduce the impact?

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...