Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Kickstarter Backer Packages And Post-Kickstarter Backer Packages

Alpha 1 from sapphire still less money than a basic tier with the alpha 1 add on later?

It's extremely unlikely we'll value any single item in a package as more than 50% the total value of the package.  Which means for your particular question, yes it would cost less (but of course Sapphire has many other benefits included than just the Alpha 1).  But remember that all tests, when and if we sell them separately, will be quantity limited, and are likely to sell out quickly, just like the early bird packages did.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

So you're saying someone could pledge $5 and later upgrade to Amber tier and get the KS rewards because they backed during KS? I know it's a cheap trick, but just clarifying for those probably thinking along those lines.

No you can't.  You get the current new 2015 package differential and NOT the Kickstarter package, which will not be available after tomorrow morning when the Kickstarter closes.

Well, im Gold..lets see if i'll buy more parcels or upgrade to a higher pledge.

I expect parcels to range from $20-30, but....

Edited by finnelhir

No you can't.  You get the current new 2015 package differential and NOT the Kickstarter package, which will not be available after tomorrow morning when the Kickstarter closes.

Yup, confused. So, hypothetical. I pledge the $5 today on the KS campaign (or any other package for that matter). Later on, I try to upgrade my package. I'll still get all the KS rewards that were awarded to me as a $5 backer. However, when I upgrade to say Amber, I only get the awards that Post-KS amber awards me, but not the colored item changes that were a loss from the backer rewards.

NM. Think I explained it to myself as I typed it out. There is no way to secure the higher tier rewards as a post-backer in that category just because you were a backer in a lower category during KS.

Edited by headlight

Yup, confused. So, hypothetical. I pledge the $5 today on the KS campaign (or any other package for that matter). Later on, I try to upgrade my package. I'll still get all the KS rewards that were awarded to me as a $5 backer. However, when I upgrade to say Amber, I only get the awards that Post-KS amber awards me, but not the colored item changes that were a loss from the backer rewards.

From the looks of it, Post Kickstarter Amber doesn't exist.  I can't find Post-Kickstarter Amber in Gordon's post.

EDIT: And I just read the Tiers posted are only examples... I guess Gordon can clarify if all tiers will have Post Kickstarter versions, which is likely the case.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Thats how I am understanding it.

Now I'm wondering if I should drop to Amber and then get the separate alpha 1 later... cause I only did Sapphire for Alpha 1.

Please i need to be enlightened in some questions;

Is dwarven blacksmith thrall KS exclusive? (16k reward)

Are previous avatar frames and badges also KS exclusive and will they get new 2015 versions? Or only the listed ones will get 2015 versions?

oh that kinda sucks. I was hoping to be able to upgrade later on to different tier and still get ks stuff. SInce i very literally only had 5 bucks to spend. Was hoping for a time frame that KS backers had to upgrade their pledges and still receive ks rewards, like what star citizen did.

Being a very broke student sucks :(

I will try to summarize it the best I can.

1. Whatever you get in KS you keep. Any backer rewards such as statue, 1 month VIP, ANYTHING you got for being a backer in KS you will never lose.

2. After KS ends you can only gain whatever the package offers, but again you won't lose what you already have. (These packages will not be as good value wise, this is to protect KS backers from losing their unique items)

Edited by Keludar

~Keludar Stormrunner | Twitch Stream

From the looks of it, Post Kickstarter Amber doesn't exist.  I can't find Post-Kickstarter Amber in Gordon's post.

EDIT: And I just read the Tiers posted are only examples... I guess Gordon can clarify if all tiers will have Post Kickstarter versions, which is likely the case.

All backer packages that exist today (except early backer levels) will exist post-Kickstarter, in their new 2015 format.

Thats how I am understanding it.

Now I'm wondering if I should drop to Amber and then get the separate alpha 1 later... cause I only did Sapphire for Alpha 1.

You won't come out ahead, and will be sorry.  Really.

Please i need to be enlightened in some questions;

Is dwarven blacksmith thrall KS exclusive? (16k reward)

Are previous avatar frames and badges also KS exclusive and will they get new 2015 versions? Or only the listed ones will get 2015 versions?

1) I'm assuming yes, that we make 16k today, if we don't it wont' be.

2) We are differentiating the badges (and frames) between KS backer and post-KS 2015 backers.

I don't understand. The Kickstarter prizes are being turned into normal bundles with some items missing? Sorry, the way it's worded has me confused.

The Kickstarter packages end tomorrow morning when our Kickstarter campaign ends.  New 2015 backer packages are then available which are subsets of the original Kickstarter backer packages and will be available for purchase on our website.

If you purchased a package during Kickstarter campaign, nothing changes for you.