Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cryptshadow

Why Are U Picking The Knight/ What Do You Think The Class Will Be.

Im personally picking the knight becuase, well i love melee and i love how bad ass my character looks in plate. So Knights are aesthetically very pleasing to me at the moment.

And im hoping the knight is a class that can take a great amount of damage but can also deal it out. I'd like it to not be a class of attrition aka do poorly made socks dmg to the other guy while he bangs on you, and a year later you might end up killing your opponent, or he kills you.

Bad bottom, is that a power bottom?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Im personally picking the knight becuase, well i love melee and i love how bad bottom my character looks in plate. So Knights are aesthetically very pleasing to me at the moment.

And im hoping the knight is a class that can take a great amount of damage but can also deal it out. I'd like it to not be a class of attrition aka do poorly made socks dmg to the other guy while he bangs on you, and a year later you might end up killing your opponent, or he kills you.

Basic doesn't mean week. Honestly tank is a pretty well rounded option and given disciplines and specific promotions, I can see it become a pretty useful class.

Edited by Eediom

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Basic doesn't mean week. Honestly tank is a pretty well rounded option and given disciplines and specific promotions, I can see it become a pretty useful class.

Well i don't think basic means weak, i think thats what the general feeling is about warriors types that they are basic same thing as the last game.

Warriors are almost always easy to pick up and hard to master. Which i think is cool, they may not have cool new stuff but you can almost always guess it will be good.

hoping we can make like shield walls.... that will be awesome

Well i don't think basic means weak, i think thats what the general feeling is about warriors types that they are basic same thing as the last game.

Warriors are almost always easy to pick up and hard to master. Which i think is cool, they may not have cool new stuff but you can almost always guess it will be good.

hoping we can make like shield walls.... that will be awesome

LOL or this

jc2q4.jpg

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Shields are such versatile offensive and defensive implements that its a very attractive option. They also look cool. For me, its a play style choice with consideration to whom I intend to begin playing the game with. I'm an old man, an MMO vet and I embrace the "protector" role, symbolized by the shield. Knights in general are the iconic symbol of medieval fantasy, the traditional hero. And I suppose in a way, its a safe bet to be well rounded and less risky - intuitive to an extent because of familiarity. 

I'm planning on picking Knight for RP purposes, because I plan on focusing on grand strategy and E.K. I like to have characters that can take a hit in PVP heavy games like this, which is another reason for choosing this class. I hate PVE tanking, but I like taking focus off my comrades in PVP so PVP tank also is interesting for me. For these reasons, I think I will be choosing Knight.

I'd pick Knight because I like sword&board combat.

Now if the class also comes with good PvP tank skills I'll be a very happy tin can.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Honestly I am interested in a knight because I have big aspirations for my Kingdom, and for building one of the best in the game! A rogue can't really become king... It seems to me an honorable but deadly knight would draw other players to him/her easily, and would make the most sense sitting on a throne someday.

Astaroth.jpg

I want the tankiest, most survivable character possible. I'd rather trade damage and powerful effects to be able to survive through as much as possible. Knight seems like the best choice for what I'm trying to do.

1 hour ago, SunOfSol said:

I want the tankiest, most survivable character possible. I'd rather trade damage and powerful effects to be able to survive through as much as possible. Knight seems like the best choice for what I'm trying to do.

i suppose in regards to tanks only it would be the templar.  But that said the class with the most survival... ehhh I'd give it either up to the druid or legio.  The druid is stupidly hard to pin down with a decent healing factor.   Legionnaire have alot of healing as well as movement speed with the best C-power in terms of survival.   

1 hour ago, SunOfSol said:

A hands down 100% perfectly played knight  will get you here. This mean you are watching and reacting to everyone constantly. Or you can play templar with half the brain power and achieve the same efficiency with more dps output. Skills power creepin' just a tad bit between newer and older ATs

Edited by Vanguard
I English gud

I'm personally expecting healing from teammates for my situation, so I'm not overly worried about having my own character be able to heal himself. Would you still suggest those other classes if you knew that others would heal you? I'm also not trying to run away from damage. I'd prefer to absorb it.

Edited by SunOfSol