Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TiredGiant

Stronger As Winter Approaches?

The backstory suggests it.

I'd like to see skills and powers that work better if at all in the winter.

Fill Tracks - power fills in tracks through snow and makes scent-tracking impossible for a group < 50.

Ice Road - freezes a path over water. Makes boat traffic or swimming impossible on the surface. Thick enough for foot travel in summer. Thick enough for mounts in fall, and Caravans in winter.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Brilliant idea! Has the potential to be a little op, but would make total sense lore/mechanics-wise. Seasonal tweaks to the different archetypes would help give them meaningful thematic difference, so fingers crossed!

The pre-alpha character creation screenshots that have been released suggest so in terms of the Frostweaver having a higher hunger and ice resistance than the Knight albeit a lower warmth conversion.  It's a questionable game mechanic though because players will respond by doing things like take multiple characters to a campaign and play, say, a Confessor early on then switch to a Frostweaver late game ...

I'm pretty certain that the devs plan on restricting it to one character per campaign so I think that would take care of that problem.

I think it'd be neat to have them as effective late game nukes that are only so so for the early game. Give some strategy to the role that's being picked as well.

I wonder if they'd have higher hunger in the summer? Or just be ineffective with their magics.

Either way it seems like an interesting class.

'm pretty certain that the devs plan on restricting it to one character per campaign so I think that would take care of that problem.

I think it'd be neat to have them as effective late game nukes that are only so so for the early game. Give some strategy to the role that's being picked as well.

I wonder if they'd have higher hunger in the summer? Or just be ineffective with their magics.

Either way it seems like an interesting class.

I don't  think such a restriction would work beyond the account the characters belong to and you have more than one account don't you?   

I am expecting the "hunger" damage inflicted by mobs to increase as we progress to winter so a higher hunger resistance becomes more beneficial with time.  Conversely the amount of warmth gained would decrease so a higher warmth conversion also becomes more beneficial with time.

Yes it is going to be interesting to see what the devs do in differentiating the archetypes - Frostweaver has the most appeal to me atm.

Edited by Flipside

Here's another one:

Whiteout - Area of Effect spell. Affects vision of all creatures except cold-natured ones (Frostweavers, Hunger-infected, Ice Demons, etc.). Summer and spring: obscures vision to 1/2 normal,  Fall: obscures vision to 1/8 normal. Winter: affected creatures can only see 3 feet ahead of them (melee range) when inside the whiteout or 3 feet into the affected area when outside it. Whiteout only works outdoors and kills the leaves of all plants inside the AoE.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Here's another one:

Whiteout - Area of Effect spell. Affects vision of all creatures except cold-natured ones (Frostweavers, Hunger-infected, Ice Demons, etc.). Summer and spring: obscures vision to 1/2 normal,  Fall: obscures vision to 1/8 normal. Winter: affected creatures can only see 3 feet ahead of them (melee range) when inside the whiteout or 3 feet into the affected area when outside it. Whiteout only works outdoors and kills the leaves of all plants inside the AoE.

I like that one. Always been a fan of "out of the box CC".

How'd you want to implement that? Like a flashbang or like a mist that surrounds the player or something totally different?

The pre-alpha character creation screenshots that have been released suggest so in terms of the Frostweaver having a higher hunger and ice resistance than the Knight albeit a lower warmth conversion.  It's a questionable game mechanic though because players will respond by doing things like take multiple characters to a campaign and play, say, a Confessor early on then switch to a Frostweaver late game ...

I don't know how well that would work considering that means their Frostweaver skills would be low if they are planning to play a Frostweaver in the end of the campaign.

I don't know how well that would work considering that means their Frostweaver skills would be low if they are planning to play a Frostweaver in the end of the campaign.

Player skill maybe, character skill no ...  Yes there's something to be had from bouncing round new characters at the start to help them along the first 20% skill proficiency but from then on it's all passive training whether you are logged in or not.  Easy enough then to keep a Frostweaver on ice till winter and then unleash a potent character provisioned with gear supplied by your spring / summer / fall character.  

Not to mention that the devs are heavily leaning towards players possessing one character per campaign.

Just don't see that working - it's perfectly legitimate to have multiple accounts per household etc so it just becomes one character per campaign per account

Winters Grasp

AOE: The longer someone stands inside the area the slower the person moves and the more stamina is drained. Possibly drain heat as well?

(Got bored, had an idea, oh well)

Edited by naturalnuke

"Fear not now for your mortal life, for your sanctum is here among the dead."

If you join a campaign, and the entire other team is nothing but Frostweavers, you'd better pray you win before winter arrives. :)

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

That would rather split your efforts than as you earn points based on character not account.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

Maybe frost weaver should have a season dependent ability, weak in spring, but extremely powerful at the end of the game.

Yup I agree, as I posted in another thread but I don't think it should take  significant buff from the season change.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post