Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TiredGiant

Stronger As Winter Approaches?

I'm really happy that the only thread that I've made on this forum has sparked such great discussion. It'll be really interesting to see how the mechanics could play out now that Vessels are a resource and different classes can be swapped in to at will. (assuming you've had some crafted.)

I'm really happy that the only thread that I've made on this forum has sparked such great discussion. It'll be really interesting to see how the mechanics could play out now that Vessels are a resource and different classes can be swapped in to at will. (assuming you've had some crafted.)

Yeah, the Meta may very well change with the seasons. I'm sure people will figure out "start up" specs which only really work well in Spring, while others really shine during winter. Either way, the system seems to require long-term planning, which is excellent.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Yeah, the Meta may very well change with the seasons. I'm sure people will figure out "start up" specs which only really work well in Spring, while others really shine during winter. Either way, the system seems to require long-term planning, which is excellent.

i remember reading somewhere that changing classes will be a viable option but just "maining", "one trick pony´ing" one class will be an option as well, dunno if that was an official comment tho

6XZoThV.jpg

Changing archetypes is certainly an option, but how effective it is depends a lot on the training path you've chosen and whether you're using VIP.

Also, Frostweaver is the only archetype that uses Arcane Melee weapons, so Frosty may actually be the worst class to try to multi-class train for. If you're investing General Combat training in ice scythes that won't carry over to any other class, and if you aren't then switching from something else to Frosty will be a noticeable downgrade.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Changing archetypes is certainly an option, but how effective it is depends a lot on the training path you've chosen and whether you're using VIP.

Also, Frostweaver is the only archetype that uses Arcane Melee weapons, so Frosty may actually be the worst class to try to multi-class train for. If you're investing General Combat training in ice scythes that won't carry over to any other class, and if you aren't then switching from something else to Frosty will be a noticeable downgrade.

i truly hope they design some/alot of the talents this way, not too encourage VIP but to make choices in talents important

6XZoThV.jpg

I don't like the prospect of it too much. While I get the appeal of having AT with seasonal buffs. It does not seem like a good idea for both what they say they want to achieve with this game, or with a mmo for balance. I am hoping they don't. Linchpining  what AT are supposed to be played during what part of the campaign is not good for encouraging that, " play what you wanna play " feel. Nor will it be fun for a lot of people to feel forced into a AT they might hate. 

That's just my two cents on it. 

I don't like the prospect of it too much. While I get the appeal of having AT with seasonal buffs. It does not seem like a good idea for both what they say they want to achieve with this game, or with a mmo for balance. I am hoping they don't. Linchpining  what AT are supposed to be played during what part of the campaign is not good for encouraging that, " play what you wanna play " feel. Nor will it be fun for a lot of people to feel forced into a AT they might hate. 

That's just my two cents on it. 

i think AT´s having a niche is important, otherwise you get the pruned clown fiesta WoW is atm....

6XZoThV.jpg