Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santa

A Little Disappointed

Sorry I've neglected my thread. Walked 17 miles today.

Glad you are back to get it on track.  How was the walk?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Glad you are back to get it on track.  How was the walk?

Long. Three big mountains to climb.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Long. Three big mountains to climb.

But success!   Be proud.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

It should be the Crowd that they/we want because it is huge money for them. (PVP) is one aspect of a game that is what many of you do not understand. It is a pick and choose things. You all are so narrow minded.... It is not something that should be forced upon people. Either way your gonna PVP all the time so why care if others do other things?

Wrong. This is exactly why the publisher said they chose crowd funding. It was to avoid building a game based around a business model to make money from the masses. Crowfall is being designed around a clear vision. It is a PvP centric game that is an MMORTS/MMORPG hybrid. Yes, you could gather a higher audience with a coop crowd, the single player crowd, the PvE story arc crowd, the MMO raiding community. But - no MMO is going to deliver to all of these crowds equally and become successful.

Although adding PvE based raids into an MMO would bring a larger audience - I feel that the newer audience would feel let down about the rest of the game. Most casual and good part of the hard core raiding community does not enjoy large scale, strategic PvP. PvP for them would be limited to duels and the newly adopted championship systems (kickstarter stretch reward).

In addition, the core PvP audience has little interest in spending weeks learning a new raid and then running it weekly for a couple months until a new one is released. The only successful raids that I enjoyed, rather then grinded, were Darkness Falls and the Summoner Halls in Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC). The Summoner Hall was a rather small dungeon located in the PvP areas. It really was under used, but it was fun running into multiple groups in there. However, Darkness Fall... wow.. hands down the best PvP dungeon I have ever experienced. It was a dungeon who's entrance was only open to one of the three realms at a time. Basically, who ever had control of the most keeps would have access to Darkness Falls. But - 100 enemy players or so would still be in the dungeon. So, it would start as a mad rush .... running through all the halls to clear out the enemy players. But - you can't always find everyone. Usually, there would always be a sneaky rogue or ranged stealth class in there to keep you on your toes. Towards the bottom, there was an open world boss called Legion. Think of battling a world boss .. and then having the entrance switch to another realm. You want to talk about aggro timers.... 2 minutes ETA until 50 players are on top of you chopping you to shreds.

This is whom the game is targeting; a group of players that are looking to battle other players for resources, prestige, and most importantly - what we consider fun. Not what the majority of the MMO fan base considers fun. The level of teamwork completely depends on what play style you prefer - which is dictated by which rule set you choose to play in (which ring).

Guys, I just realized that santa was right all along.

Not only does Crowfall need dungeons, level grinds, raid bosses and all that other good WoW stuff, but it also needs assault rifles, machine guns, tanks, jet fighters, space ships, and flying ninjas.

Do you have any idea how popular Call of Duty, Battlefield, World of Tanks, Eve, and DBZ are? By just adding those things to the game we can steal their whole audience and make Art Craft zillions of dollars. It will be the only game anybody will want to play.

Think about it. You get tired of getting hit with a sword and dying to some newb zerglings. So you get in your titan and bombard the entire campaign map from orbit. It will be the most amazing game ever and appeal to every gamer. Let's all sign a petition to get the devs started on these new stretch goals.

OJN1n7E.png

Guys, I just realized that santa was right all along.

Not only does Crowfall need dungeons, level grinds, raid bosses and all that other good WoW stuff, but it also needs assault rifles, machine guns, tanks, jet fighters, space ships, and flying ninjas.

Do you have any idea how popular Call of Duty, Battlefield, World of Tanks, Eve, and DBZ are? By just adding those things to the game we can steal their whole audience and make Art Craft zillions of dollars. It will be the only game anybody will want to play.

Think about it. You get tired of getting hit with a sword and dying to some newb zerglings. So you get in your titan and bombard the entire campaign map from orbit. It will be the most amazing game ever and appeal to every gamer. Let's all sign a petition to get the devs started on these new stretch goals.

You might want to include the KI Wiz Kids in that, butterfly wands, hugs ( as weapons of course ) and lots and lots of giggles.  ONLY then will it be E for EVERYONE.  Don't ya be leaving them out now.

This game knows what it is and in a broad sense what it wants to become... it isn't trying to be something its not, isn't trying to cater to everyone (not even possible), and isn't trying to deceive anyone.  That is what I'm referring to as 'growing up'.   My friends and I are strong backers because it is not the concept that you are proposing.  If it was, I wouldn't bother to pledge support.  I would just wait and see what lame retreaded version of other MMO's they end up with.

Not to mention, I want this project to meet its current timeline!  We go with your vision santa, and this will become another Star Citizen.  Lets get a finished version of the game before 2017, then see what direction it goes afterwards  :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly.  

Besides, there is also the 'hunger' and various AI monsters to slay that get tougher with each season.  We don't need 1,000,000 health stupid mega-bosses when other players are far more challenging and diverse!

... sorry kiddies, santa is not real  ..bright

No one gives a poorly made socks what you think is appropriate. This is my thread now.

Aren't you supposed to be on a journey of self discovery in the Blue Ridge somewhere?

Santa you are pretty hilarious, lol. You seem to have a lot of issues with this game. First the early bird Paypal stuff not be available and now this. The strange thing is didn't you mention in that Paypal forum post that you have been following this game for a very long time? Even after following it for that long, you still did not understand what the game was supposed to be? I am pretty confused :P

Edited by Serious

Runescape, WOW, ASDA, WIZARD 101 and many others.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not worried about being killed. I am worried about losing players every time i continuously kill them.

LOL omg this is funny....

So yeah, those games aren't really PvP games, and the core player here doesn't care about dying.

If you'd actually played real PvP games with consequences and not faction-centric WoW fanbois games your opinion on what a PvP game should or shouldn't be would matter.

If your "experience" and skill level in PvP comes from those games, you're gonna get curbstomped.

Edited by Goros

I have said multiple times that the basics of this game need to be explained more. There are new players who don't get the point of eternal kingdoms and things of that nature. I understand they will be explained in the coming weeks but only having complex players donate gets a lot of donations gone that could of been up.

I also had a feeling that this game was going to be more like Runescape or Wow but instead of actually staying the same the worlds were going to change every few months making it never boring. The reason people quit those games is because the worlds stay the same. If the worlds changed every few months with keeping the same bank/items the games would never lose players. When you explained this i believed their was going to be levels, bosses, exp gains, and I believe many others thought that too. No one wants to just protect a kingdom and destroy a kingdom. That would be like cutting a tree burning it and repeating that. 

I still support everything you do I am just very confused about this game.

Did you not read anything before you bought the game? Their main selling point is "It isn't WoW". There are no NPCs (unless you count the player created ones to keep as shopkeeps), no quests, no bosses and the worlds are completely blank when you begin. The game to me has always been marketed as more of a empire simulation than an MMO because all economy, war, building and such is created by the players and players alone. Truthfully, if everyone worked together on a world (which would never happen) on Dregs, hypothetically I don't even know how they would consider a "win" since there would be no clear victor.