Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Little Disappointed

santa

It will have people still pvping. This is a pvp focused game and will attract the pvp people. No guild is going to just sit and dominate since there are different campaigns as well as the campaign will end after a month or two. Did you even watch the kickstarter video where they showed the family playing Risk??

There will always be a dominating clan who destroys the world completely in a all based PVP game. Even with different campaigns they still keep there items and gold. That will be enough to make them dominate the game. You think they will still be pvping after that? Not having anything to do but getting demolished by a leading clan over and over. The only thing that would of changed that is exactly what I stated. Having other things to do allows you to have fun after you had just been killed a lot.

Edited by santa

Everything your assuming is baseless. Everything you think is broken, is exactly what the pvp crowd wants. There is no flaws. You've never played an actual PVP game, so you have no idea. This idea works, and it's been proven to work before.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Everything your assuming is baseless. Everything you think is broken, is exactly what the pvp crowd wants. There is no flaws. You've never played an actual PVP game, so you have no idea. This idea works, and it's been proven to work before.

How long does Call of Duty work or Halo? A few months at Tops? How long does a MMO last with no changing maps? A few years. With changing maps it could last forever if it was a MMO. Let people pick and choose if they want PVP. But don't erase the whole game concept of having alternative activities.

Edited by santa

How long does Call of Duty work or Halo? A few months at Tops? How long does a MMO last with no changing maps? A few years. With changing maps it could last forever if it was a MMO. Let people pick and choose if they want PVP. But don't erase the whole game concept of having alternative activities.

We do want pvp. This is why we are playing Crowfall.

You should forward that message to Todd.

We do want pvp. This is why we are playing Crowfall.

Yea, but the other factors in the game just add players and increase things to do when your bored of PVP.

The last hours of a very successful kickstarter is a very bad time to change their entire design. Most of the backers know what they are getting into and have signed on for this.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam

The last hours of a very successful kickstarter is a very bad time to change their entire design. Most of the backers know what they are getting into and have signed on for this.

I can almost guarantee many believe it is a MMO and that there are other things to do. Many have not even been on forum yet or they might not of kept it. I know I am not the only one who saw the monsters and believe MMO right away. Or "UNCLE BOB's" Clan will only be happy until they have noone to fight.

Edited by santa

Runescape, WOW, ASDA, WIZARD 101 and many others. When I am not PVPING I like to do stuff besides build my house all day.

Pvp in all of those games is half baked.

There will always be a dominating clan who destroys the world completely in a all based PVP game. Even with different campaigns they still keep there items and gold. That will be enough to make them dominate the game. You think they will still be pvping after that? Not having anything to do but getting demolished by a leading clan over and over. The only thing that would of changed that is exactly what I stated. Having other things to do allows you to have fun after you had just been killed a lot.

This game IS about getting killed a lot. Welcome to an actual game with actual players, domesticated

It is an MMO, you are overthinking it.

Community will be at the core of everything, players will depend on each other for fighting, crafting and stand a chance in those Campaigns and in the ongoing competition.

A healthy community makes up for a long lived game.

Edited by Krethys

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

This game IS about getting killed a lot. Welcome to an actual game with actual players, domesticated

So is Call of Duty and Halo yet they get boring as hell after a few months. They constantly have changing maps... There isn't alternative things to do on them that is why they get old.... The alternative things to do gives players things to do when they are bored of dieing. What community when clans dominate the newer community? Your all thinking about power your not thinking about longevity. A MMO has things to do besides repeatedly killing people. 

If your not going to add stats or bosses at least add fishing so I can fish my food while waiting to kill players. Then that's three options instead of 2. 

Edited by santa

Santa from the FAQ.

7. This sounds like there is lots of Player-versus-Player fighting, what about monsters (Player-versus-Environment)?

There will be monsters in Crowfall – lots of them – but they are intended to raise the general “threat level” of the game, not to be the primary focus.

Crowfall will not have any instanced PvE dungeons and raids, for instance. The Worlds WILL be crawling with monsters and former inhabitants of the Dying Worlds, however.

Players will often need to fight NPC monsters near resource nodes, gain access to points of interest, scavenge for food and equipment, and often to simply survive. Many of these creatures are powerful enough that they will be very challenging to defeat – even for multiple players working together.

Some activities will require players to seek out monsters – some recipes will require reagents that can only be found by defeating certain monsters, or require the use of rare Thralls (“ghosts” NPCs that must be captured) to bind into an enchantment. Also, remember that the monsters will also become more deadly as Winter approaches, and the Hunger bleeds the warmth from each World.

Can this thread die, or be locked, or be locked until it's dead? It's literally going nowhere. Seriously, it's been the hottest topic and number one post for far too long.

Yea, to have a clan chase you into monsters so you die even faster? And that post sounds exactly why many thought levels would happen.... And maybe even bosses. It just adds additional things to do in the game if you choose to do them. It doesn't force you to continuously die if you are in a weaker clan.... As I said I am focusing on longevity/profit over power. Yes, we all like to have power in a game but too much can blind you from having the game actually bring new players/have continuous players/not become bored if you do not want to PVP after hours of already doing it.

Edited by santa

Well PvP or PvE. To me only PvP does what an Mmo keeps interesting. Always new situations. PvE gets boring after a while - why? Because I have never seen a AI which was smart enough to be called a potato instead of being a punching bag. And if you progress your character through levels, achievements and w.e. - doesn't really matter to me. And the fact that if you want to get something you have to work for it, socialize with others and actually have a risk at it makes it a ton better. I'm sick and tired of being held by my hand and guided by quests, Etc

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Well PvP or PvE. To me only PvP does what an Mmo keeps interesting. Always new situations. PvE gets boring after a while - why? Because I have never seen a AI which was smart enough to be called a potato instead of being a punching bag. And if you progress your character through levels, achievements and w.e. - doesn't really matter to me. And the fact that if you want to get something you have to work for it, socialize with others and actually have a risk at it makes it a ton better. I'm sick and tired of being held by my hand and guided by quests, Etc

That is the thing if there isn't others to socialize with your pretty much gone. At least with alternatives to do in the game like merchant, boss, skill/level it gives you the option of having something fun when people are not online. People are not gonna be online 24/7. Have you ever been in a game when you need a team to keep you alive because other teams are huge just cause they have many friends? That is how this game is going to be and people are gonna continuously die and get bored without alternative activities.

Edited by santa

• Pann locked this topic