Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anotherneko

Have They Published A Stance On 3Rd Party Resellers Yet?

So I couldn't help but notice that several balls-deep 3rd party resellers have shown an interest in Crowfall, so much so as to put a link to their websites already. These guys aren't "gold farmers" per-se, but do manipulate market assets, in this case probably VIP, to make real world money by selling them at prices lower than ACE would offer, or in bulk. Commonly this is referred to as 'Real Money Transaction' or RMT.

I did a lot of reading, and there's a lot MORE to read, so I'm just going to pitch it to you guys on the off chance someone read the post where this was addressed, if there's a post where this is addressed.

Has ACE published their stance on RMTing yet, and if so what is it?

The PLEX model makes life pretty hard for 3rd party RMTers. I can buy game time from the game company and then sell that time in game for game assets without ever having to deal with a 3rd party. Why would I want to take on the risk of dealing with someone whose native language isn't English when a completely legit alternative is available? The deals the 3rd party is offering can't be significantly better than the legit market for PLEX because if it were the PLEX market would adjust.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

The PLEX model makes life pretty hard for 3rd party RMTers. I can buy game time from the game company and then sell that time in game for game assets without ever having to deal with a 3rd party. Why would I want to take on the risk of dealing with someone whose native language isn't English when a completely legit alternative is available? The deals the 3rd party is offering can't be significantly better than the legit market for PLEX because if it were the PLEX market would adjust.

1) Untrue, third party prices are usually a lot better

2) What makes you think gold sellers and such don't speak English? Sure, maybe some don't, but a lot of them are just regular players, English speakers, college kids, and more. Some people make loads of money running businesses doing this sort of thing; if you think it's just some poor people who don't speak English, you're naive.

Anyways, I'm sure RMT will be a huge issue, and I'm sure clan leaders will buy tons of it to fund sieges in-game, and actually wealthy people will buy whatever they want. It's the same thing for any game really. RMT won't be beat, even with the PLEX-type item in place. I wish RMT didn't exist, but there really is no surefire way to stop it, unless of course all trading was stopped, but obviously that would be silly.

Personally, I'll be really disappointed if CF turns into another EvE with all the implications that people are going to constantly have their hands in their pockets for real money, to be competitive. 

It goes along with people selling guild logistics for real life money too ala Spy Games.

I'm simply going to walk if this kind of behaviour isn't mitigated somehow.