Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

An Invitation.

The Kickstarter is coming to an end now and we're a few months away from the initial Alpha phase.

It's time to start the distillation process.

This is an open invitation to join a collective of crafters which will change the face of Crowfall.

This is not a guild. People from all guilds and factions are welcome.

-We will start with sign-ups and then from the list of applicants I will fill the initial slots. Each crafting discipline will have 4 representatives. Each of these representatives must be considered the best of their respective discipline. Anybody that does not live up to community standards can be challenged by any applicant for their slot.

-When a merchant is challenged for their slot, the 2 parties must provide proof of superiority (rules TBA) and recommendations from clientele (Amount may change due to demand). 

-Since these slots will represent the best of each discipline, the amount of total slots will go up when new crafting disciplines are announced.

Each person will be provided equal vendor space and the merchant with the best sales at the end of each month will be immune from challenge. As of right now I plan on using my tax free parcels for applicant vendor space (The EK taxes will be minimal or free depending on popularity)

The goal here is to provide an economic hub that is in-demand both for buyers and sellers.

If you are interested, please respond below. (Disciplines will be added below as they are confirmed)

Crafting Discipline #1

•  

Crafting Discipline #2

•  

Crafting Discipline #3

•  

Crafting Discipline #4

•  

Crafting Discipline #5

•  

Crafting Discipline #6

Wait List: (Sorted by main discipline at a later date)

1. Shilo
  2. Code2Protect
  3. graylobo
  4. (Your Name Here)
Edited by IdeaMatrix

ok was happy when i saw this is not a guild,but you want people to have authority over others,so it it basically a standard guild isn't it?

or am i misunderstanding the authority of the disciple representative?

Nobody has authority over others. I'm limiting the amount of crafters of each profession to 4.

In other words, in the collective I will only have 4 Lapidaries, 4 Armorcrafters, 4 weaponsmiths, 4 stonecutters etc.

If somebody new wants to challenge one of the people that already has a shop and prove that they are better, I'm going to provide a way for them to prove their worth.

The idea is to have only the best of the best of each discipline in order to draw people to the EK. It will be like a Crafter "King of the Hill."

Interesting, though you would have to make a crafting community that is interconnected. Nice idea, count me in as well.

If we make a connection system for the various crafters, we can set up a market system that could improve the economy for those who would like to participate. On top of that add challenges and events within the community.

Sort of like creating your own massive town that does not have walls.

Interesting, though you would have to make a crafting community that is interconnected. Nice idea, count me in as well.

If we make a connection system for the various crafters, we can set up a market system that could improve the economy for those who would like to participate. On top of that add challenges and events within the community.

Sort of like creating your own massive town that does not have walls.

What I may end up doing, depending on how big the EK's are, is keeping this core idea in the middle of the EK (or whatever area is closest to where you spawn in) and then allowing the other people who want to be a part of the EK to take spots on the outer ring. That way we can provide a place for everybody while still presenting the best up-front.

I do plan on including content as well, like:

Scavenger hunts

Sell the most XXX

Best shop design

etc

I'll have prizes for all of the events.

I really want it to be a community and I want it to be known in the crowfall expanded universe. I don't just want everybody to join some random Bloodstone EK...merchant EK's will be huge and messy and frustrating. I'm bringing organization and competition into the scene. Everybody will want to buy from these shops!

Edited by IdeaMatrix

I thought that you had to drop your pledge down a bit due to medical reasons?  Who's EK will you be using for this?  I have a nice sized EK, but it may fill up with guild members first (priority), and/or renting space out to other traders.  Although, it doesn't hurt to open up little shops in multiple EKs though.

A few things to consider, EK Monarchs will have the ability to impose a tax on all trades within the EK and the following from the FAQ:

Monarchs can charge property taxes for the use of land. They can charge import and export tariffs for moving goods into and out of their Kingdoms.

All of this sounds good on paper, but we'll have to see just how feasible it will be toward release, which we have well over a year and a half to go.

Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I thought that you had to drop your pledge down a bit due to medical reasons?  Who's EK will you be using for this?  I have a nice sized EK, but it may fill up with guild members first (priority), and/or renting space out to other traders.  Although, it doesn't hurt to open up little shops in multiple EKs though.

A few things to consider, EK Monarchs will have the ability to impose a tax on all trades within the EK and the following from the FAQ:

All of this sounds good on paper, but we'll have to see just how feasible it will be toward release, which we have well over a year and a half to go.

I decided to re-up with Amber EB after dropping down to $60. My doctors visit and meds only cost me like $50 so I just dipped into my savings to cover the difference. I'll be using my own EK.

Also, the size of EK's aren't dictated by backer level, the only thing backer levels matter for are tax free parcels. 

Also, they've stated that testing (pre-alpha) will start at the end of the summer this year. Which means we should have Alpha 1 before the end of the year.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

Hey look, an arbitrary hierarchy enforced by a person with no claim to authority.

Eh, I think I'll stick to hanging out with my guildies, and let the title of "best crafter" go to the person who actually deserves it.

That probably came out more ornery than I intended it to.

Ah well, I'll have another beer.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

No offense taken, these are just ideas. Plenty of people will focus on their own guilds.

That being said, people like competition and this is an attempt to create measurable competition between crafters. As I said, the initial people will have access to my personal tax free parcels and the EK itself will be either free or a minimal tax related to it. So really, there's no downside for people that join. It's free publicity in a well known EK for little or no cost other than doing well at your craft.

Hey look, an arbitrary hierarchy enforced by a person with no claim to authority.

Eh, I think I'll stick to hanging out with my guildies, and let the title of "best crafter" go to the person who actually deserves it.

That probably came out more ornery than I intended it to.

Ah well, I'll have another beer.

I think it's way too early to start forming non-guild... guilds or associations... or w/e you want to call the group.  Trade agreements don't even make sense until after the game is released and players are more established.  Even then, there will be a bit of time before the first campaign win.

But, that's just me.

Edited by Nyt

I think it's way too early to start forming non-guild... guilds or associations... or w/e you want to call the group. Trade agreements don't even make sense until after the game is released and players are more established. Even then, there will be a bit of time before the first campaign win.

But, that's just me.

It's mostly just to keep people excited about the possibilities. I'm not expecting any of my ideas to instantly work, or even generate interest. For the sake of the community, I'm trying to come up with fun ways the engage people. I want this game to succeed.

I do agree that it's too early to have anything set in stone though. It's sort of a "see what sticks" approach.

It's mostly just to keep people excited about the possibilities. I'm not expecting any of my ideas to instantly work, or even generate interest. For the sake of the community, I'm trying to come up with fun ways the engage people. I want this game to succeed.

I do agree that it's too early to have anything set in stone though. It's sort of a "see what sticks" approach.

My problem with them though... is you try and form a group.... next thing we know, kampfbock tries to form a different group... etc.  It's just waaaaaayyyyy tooooo early for this. 

I think it's way too early to start forming non-guild... guilds or associations... or w/e you want to call the group.  Trade agreements don't even make sense until after the game is released and players are more established.  Even then, there will be a bit of time before the first campaign win.

But, that's just me.

I agree, hence I've not made any commitments to anyone, nor will I for the foreseeable future, its just too early. 

This seems like a good idea to me, but what do i know im just a noob who got bored of WoW's second rate citizen crafting system, i'd love a place where i could compete against other crafters who doesnt love abit of pvp?  ;)  im mainly looking at Weapon and armor smithing, so count me in!

This is a good idea, but seems prime for corruption & nepotism (even if not intentional)

We'll have to see how things work out closer to release, way too early to be thinking about this.

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.