Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willwill

Crowfall : Crowdfunded Or Paid Hype?

I respect a communities passion for their game.

I would urge you to ask questions and do your own research.  People talk as if these developers have never failed.

Shadowbane launched with errors and some that were never even fixed. Including the infamous shadowbane.exe  Has anyone asked about this? Or was that just swept under the rug? He was the developer, so what happened? Why did nobody ever fix this error and why did the game fail?

I would urge you to ask questions and do your own research.  People talk as if these developers have never failed.

Shadowbane launched with errors and some that were never even fixed. Including the infamous shadowbane.exe  Has anyone asked about this? Or was that just swept under the rug? He was the developer, so what happened? Why did nobody ever fix this error and why did the game fail?

Go read the forums.

JTodd actually mentioned sb.exe in the AMA... That being said for the overall thread, Just because they wanted to crowdfund the game to make it the way THEY wanted doesnt mean they didnt have a business plan and money for things like advertising before the KS.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

I just figured it out, i am preaching

Yep.

You rolled in here with a serious holier than thou 'tude and an obvious agenda for converting the heathen Crowfall fans, which is why you've harvested so much vitriol.

Job well done?

You have many individuals paying money, the company uses that money to buy adds, which entices others to fund the kickstarter, and just like in a pyramid, instead of that money being used to produce and set up a sustainable business, it is used to entice more people to join the pyramid with more advertising.

It is a pyramid.

Pyramid schemes do not need to involve paying recruiters or paying those above you.

Someone mentioned Scientology, everyone knows it's a pyramid scheme, they have been convicted in France for it. It never involved financial benefits for the participants, it offered spiritual enligthenment, only the very top of the pyramid received money, yet it's still a pyramid scheme.

What a pyramid system does is build up a large base, though money that is funneled from the bottom, and it uses this money to grow the pyramid instead of sustaining a business, that's what this company is doing through Kickstarter.

Taken from smart minded member on mmorpg.com 

all of this is true.

But MOAR MONEYZ PLZ!

2rcmjqc.jpg

Edited by willwill

The gullible cannot be converted! You're correct.

Fanboy on my friends fanboy on!

Counterpoints are helpful in trying to "convert."  You make none, just call people sheep for disagreeing with you.  

That being said, what exactly are you trying to convert people from or too?  From people who have high hopes and expectations for a game that has a ton of aspects we have been wanting to play with?  And from that then to what?   

Your posts read as if they were written by a teenage boy who has no idea how the world functions on a daily basis, yet you talk about UO...

poorly made socks.  He's just bored and trolling isn't he?  

I custard fell for it again. :(

Er, what's "edging"?

Your posts read as if they were written by a teenage boy who has no idea how the world functions on a daily basis, yet you talk about UO...

I assumed he was the one who was at work for me today, since he's telling me how I should spend my money he obviously must be the one making it for me...

[@--(o.O)@]

I assumed he was the one who was at work for me today, since he's telling me how I should spend my money he obviously must be the one making it for me...

/thread.

I think someone is going to be disappointed when he starts to play Crowfall and wishes he pledged like the rest of us.

Hmm, I have an Idea.  How about after they get the kick starter stuff in place, the only people who can post are ones who backed the game, Unless it is in the suggestion forum.  This way we don't have to deal with all this crap.

camera's directly at her breasts etc.. etc.. It was so bad        turn off comments on youtube because of it. Sleazy imo. And i'm a male!

This is all i got from this post.. blah blah blah I don't like breast blahh blah blah bad breast all over guys.. blah blah blah im a male so it must be bad if i am a male and don't like breasts.. blah blah blah...

Hey man, don't try to ruin breasts for the rest of us.. we like breasts.. and I'm a male!!! BREASTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

I mean I get it, you don't swing that way and hey, that's your choice. Most of us like to look at breasts to sell products.. cause it must be good if there are .. sleazy breasts involved. SO keep your anti-breasts hate to your man loving self.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

Hmm, I have an Idea.  How about after they get the kick starter stuff in place, the only people who can post are ones who backed the game, Unless it is in the suggestion forum.  This way we don't have to deal with all this crap.

Nah, always want more people, not less.  Even peckerwood here provides something to the community.

Er, what's "edging"?