Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mythx

Weather Effects Artcraft.

Not a fan of rain. All effects in moderation I guess. Remember AC and all the rain it had? Gah! It was always raining in that game.

edit: I guess since we will have seasons that set the ambience I am not worried about this at all.

Edited by ferrydust

It might be cool to see disastrous weather effects mixed in with voxel technology. Lightning, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, etc...

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Definitely have to add my voice in for weather effects. Even if they're entirely aesthetic, weather creates a great feeling of atmosphere. But I'd love it if it had even further affects, like nighttime or storms to make stealth harder to detect, decrease vision, or impede movement. Even perhaps the possibility of inclement weather that could damage structures or even players? Thunderbolts striking buildings that go too tall anyone?

Edited by Anhasia

I would love to see an in depth weather system. Having lightning streaking across the sky with rain pelting the defenders of a keep. An army emerges from the cover of darkness the clouds provide. Lightning strikes a rampart and wipes out a few defending soldiers.

A tornado touches down and mows through the vanguard of the attacking army, tossing around siege equipment.

Stretch goal?

Edited by vunak

sand dunes , frozen landscapes , deathly looking landscapes , watery landscapes , poisonous looking landscapes , lava/fire landscapes. theres tons of stuff they could do *hopefully* in terms of amazing but disastrous storms.

*rides the storms with caution for another storm may negate my own !*

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

It all comes down to cost in the end.

What can ACE afford to have in the core module with their limited funds. MMO's today are extremely expensive to make, and we the players set a pretty big standard on whats acceptable.

They already said they was looking into day/night cycles, but it might be too expensive to add in the core module.

Perhaps later down the road with box sales, we might see an expansion with alot of newer stuff like this.