Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Trade Company Wants You!

uncle-sam-cash-in-hand.jpg

Traders,crafters and intelligence agencies,those are the factors that made mercantile republics wealthy and influential.

And thats why we are interested in you,you who seek more than just crushing someone else's head just for the sake of crushing heads.

We are not interesting in becoming a territorial power backed by a big army that will be thrown into constant war.

No we don't want to be bound by insignificant matters such as borders,factions and diplomatic relations.

We want to do business,business free from those concerns!

A global institution that serves all and is needed by everyone.

To ensure this we will of course be part of balance and we won't conquer lands,rather we will live in other's territories and do business there.

Our guild structure is rather uncommon if you compare it to the large mass of guilds that have formed over the time in various MMOs.

It is based on the conclusion that a strong and authoritarian structure is not recommendable if our goal is to become a fluently running global network.

Things are different in different parts of the world,things that seem insignificant to someone looking at things from a larger scale but really important for certain people living in a certain region.

A small guild leadership living in a far away place with limited and faulty knowledge about regional differences and the concerns of people living there won't succeed in creating such a smoothly running network.

For that reason we created a guild structure that is inspired by democracy and allows for a maximum of decentralization.

Big decisions are made by discussion.

Elected representatives of the same tier then discuss on matters in a council.

Furthermore every political representative is driven by economical motivation,since he himself is a businessman before anything else.

Having read all of this,are you still interested?

Then let me tell you what we are looking for!

You want to cause armies and empires to fall only by whispering the right words at the right time in the ears of the right men?

Then our intelligence agency is just the right place for you!

You want to be a renowned crafter known far and wide and want to be independent from a hive-like entity as the standard guild is one?

Then become a part of our network of traders and crafters which will allow you to maximize your proficiency and profits!

You want to make your bets on how supply and demand will develop in the future and turn this knowledge into profit?

Then become a merchant and expand our trade network.

Our crafters as well as our army will provide you with a steady flow of sources and consumers of raw-materials and crafted products!

Or you may be combat oriented but want to do combat because of economical reasons rather than just doing combat for its own sake?

Then join our military and help to defend our trade network and our store houses,or crack down on raiders and thugs!

We want to be the link in the value chain between sources of raw-materials,the crafters and the consumers.

We want to provide an efficient,secure and global distribution network for the campaigns that serves everyone,members and non-members alike!

A network that allows merchants,crafters and consumers to access goods fast,simple and for good prices.

A network that becomes an indisputable institution for the worlds and everyone living inside them.

ps:Seeing as there are other crafting and trading guilds i reach out to you guys,together we can achieve such a global network much faster.

let us form a trade/crafter guilds alliance,so we can spread this network all around the globe in no time

I made a thread for you guys here.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5314-creating-a-global-network/

Edited by kampfbock

We are not interesting in becoming a territorial power backed by a big army that will be thrown into constant war.

No we don't want to be bound by insignificant matters such as borders,factions and diplomatic relations.

How can you achieve all of that if you don't actually want/try to win campaigns?  Why would an alliance need a guild that wants to be neutral and keep the resources?  The dominate guilds will need the best crafters and the best armies.  

All resources should be used in the campaign until victory is assured and then the presumed winner can start embargoing resources(if there is time before the end condition is met or "Winter" is over)

groovykool

…. Neutral is kind of a relative term! :) As in all matters we want to win, no one sets out and say's hey lets loss this... Thats not the point of it at all, we wowould look at the neutral more as non-aggressive nature any and all city's we have members in we will defend and we will defend any and all allies. We intent t intend to have a small group of active pvpers, to do thi ( another key thing would be the ruleset at the time )

How can you achieve all of that if you don't actually want/try to win campaigns?  Why would an alliance need a guild that wants to be neutral and keep the resources?  The dominate guilds will need the best crafters and the best armies.  

All resources should be used in the campaign until victory is assured and then the presumed winner can start embargoing resources(if there is time before the end condition is met or "Winter" is over)

groovykool

what is officially winning good for?

bringing resources into the EK to make it fancier?

i knw there is also the possibility to win trophies which then give guild members bonuses,but those bonuses are more interesting for combat oriented people i would assume.

even if there are bonuses for crafters,we aren't dependent on crafting,we trade and thus we can generate our net gains with the trade of crafted products from people who aren't even in the guild.

and maybe those ropes and artifacts are even tradeable,thus we could eventually get our hands on these by economical means rather than conquering them with an iron fist

furthermore i want to add,do we even know enough yet about rulesets and win conditions to just claim  that conquering everything is the only viable way to be successful in the game.

even if that should be the case,thats is only a official from the Devs given win condition.

if i just want to create a crafting network that is needed in the world and thus got influence that can be my unofficial personal win condition.

this is a sandbox game after all,i don't want a fix unchangeable goal,i want to look for my own goal.

the way is the goal^^

Edited by kampfbock

Yes, it's too early to say how profitable will winning actually be. But it certainly doesn't hurt either. I, for one, would love to see our Guild in the savage environment of the Dregs.

Edited by Dsanzv

i think the the great thing about the ETK is you can even loss the Campaign and come out with more $$$ then u went in, Kamp has worked out a system and is working with other people that will allow you to come out ahead on a lost campaign as well as a win. 

We have reached the 30 member mark go guild! We are looking to add some members who are pvp focused if anyone is wanting some more information come to the web site or feel free to message me. 

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.  Why do you need PvP focused people? :P