Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kampfbock

The Trade Company Wants You!

what is officially winning good for?

bringing resources into the EK to make it fancier?

i knw there is also the possibility to win trophies which then give guild members bonuses,but those bonuses are more interesting for combat oriented people i would assume.

even if there are bonuses for crafters,we aren't dependent on crafting,we trade and thus we can generate our net gains with the trade of crafted products from people who aren't even in the guild.

and maybe those ropes and artifacts are even tradeable,thus we could eventually get our hands on these by economical means rather than conquering them with an iron fist

furthermore i want to add,do we even know enough yet about rulesets and win conditions to just claim  that conquering everything is the only viable way to be successful in the game.

even if that should be the case,thats is only a official from the Devs given win condition.

if i just want to create a crafting network that is needed in the world and thus got influence that can be my unofficial personal win condition.

this is a sandbox game after all,i don't want a fix unchangeable goal,i want to look for my own goal.

the way is the goal^^

Winning is winning.  Everything else is losing.

“I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.” Nuke Laloosh.

“I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.” Nuke Laloosh.

You know what's better than winning? The thrill of competing with a rival.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

you were probably given something sweet by your parents every time you did something good,and in school you got money for good grades.

you seem like the typical carrot chaser,who chases the carrot,not because the carrot is worth anything per se,but because an authority person said it is worth something.

as i said i can still win,its just not the arbitrarily decided win condition i care about,i can have my own goal which are much more worthy to achieve than any random bs thought up by the Devs.

if i don't care about conquering then i won't care about a winning condition that is fulfilled by conquering.

i will rather do what is interesting for me and try my best to be successful in that department.

crafting,trading,gathering,intelligence works.... whatever

Edited by kampfbock

But... why play the game in the first place then? There are other games that might cater more to your setup.

Not that I'm not intrigued by your concept - the very fact that I'm posting here should show that I am - but I guess you aren't ruling out trying to be on the winning side in a given campaign either, are you?

But... why play the game in the first place then? There are other games that might cater more to your setup.

Not that I'm not intrigued by your concept - the very fact that I'm posting here should show that I am - but I guess you aren't ruling out trying to be on the winning side in a given campaign either, are you?

no we are not completely giving up on winning,as i said we don't really know much about how the rulesets will work,how embargoing will exactly work and so on.

there may be other ways to win.

the possibilities are wide and the information given to us is still very lacking,we will have to see.^^

and why i am playing CF,thats because even though it seems the winning-condition is conquering,they still create a very promising crafting system,furthermore there is open PvP,logistics,player driven economy.

its the game that is closest to being a civilization-simulator,which i personally long for^^

Edited by kampfbock

I feel like what you are trying to do will require a huge initial investment, in order to be able to produce in a way that your EKs can expand without doing any campaigns. Some of you better be at high backer levels, so that you can have lots of plots for yourselves and your guildmates to build on... Otherwise you'll be stuck with your thumbs in your ass or have to play in some campaigns.

I feel like what you are trying to do will require a huge initial investment, in order to be able to produce in a way that your EKs can expand without doing any campaigns. Some of you better be at high backer levels, so that you can have lots of plots for yourselves and your guildmates to build on... Otherwise you'll be stuck with your thumbs in your bottom or have to play in some campaigns.

i don't know how often i have to repeat it,WE ARENT ONLY PLAYING IN EK.

we plan to spend our main time in the campaigns just like anyone else.

but we will actually use our parcels in one single guild EK rather than each having his own EK.

Edited by kampfbock