Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonnycab

You Guys Rock! (Crowfall Community)

Thank you for all the support you guys have given to help us get funded. Trust me when I say this we are beyond excited to be making this game not just for all of you, but for us as well. THIS is the game I've personally always wanted to play!!! I give you all a solemn promise to keep working my tail off and help Todd in making this game a reality!

On a side not I am exploring every opportunity to help make this game look better and better for you guys and gals(on the environment side of things). In fact for all you graphics nuts, I've been exploring with Unity's PBR work flow. Now that Unity 5's out officially, I can talk more about this soon. So far the early tests are coming out nice.

-J

Jon O'Neal, Lead Environment Artist, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Back to work.

We have a schedule.

;-)

Looking forward to some behind the scenes

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

PBR? My 780's and electric bill are ready...

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

You're Welcome, Now get back to WORK! :lol:

But yeah no idea the terms and the tech jargon so only feedback i can offer atm is i really like the dark and gritty theme you guys seem to be going for with Crowfall. So anything that makes it better and enhances that gets a thumbs up from me.

Thank you for all the support you guys have given to help us get funded. Trust me when I say this we are beyond excited to be making this game not just for all of you, but for us as well. THIS is the game I've personally always wanted to play!!! I give you all a solemn promise to keep working my tail off and help Todd in making this game a reality!

On a side not I am exploring every opportunity to help make this game look better and better for you guys and gals(on the environment side of things). In fact for all you graphics nuts, I've been exploring with Unity's PBR work flow. Now that Unity 5's out officially, I can talk more about this soon. So far the early tests are coming out nice.

-J

Oooh looking forward to how you're going to work out PBR in conjunction with the stylistic approach.

At least the metal is going to look like metal now and not just plastic (which I've been complaining about before), so I'll probably be a bit happier, and figure out other graphical things to nitpick. :D (hey you called out for the graphics nuts)

Been loving the new PBR work flow a lot, got a head start on it before it was put into Unity, so when I heard about that I went absolutely bonkers. It speeds up things sooo much once you're used to it. (no more endless tweaking!)

Does this mean you'll be using the new GI and light probes as well?

Ah well, I guess we'll see in the future updates.

Does this mean you'll be using the new GI and light probes as well?

Ah well, I guess we'll see in the future updates.

I read the blog on Unity 5's GI stuff (linked in the post Nazdar linked) - it sounded like it wouldn't work well with destructible environments?

Not a graphics guy, so... /shrug

I read the blog on Unity 5's GI stuff (linked in the post Nazdar linked) - it sounded like it wouldn't work well with destructible environments?

Not a graphics guy, so... /shrug

Yeah, that's why I asked. Because it can work (I think). It would just be fairly problematic and changes to the system...it would make things significantly heavier as well, as the changing environment would need to update the lightprobes or something (not sure if we're there yet though).

I'm guessing probably they won't do it, but one can hope.

It is simply awesome to see a dev team being so communicative and open with their Community!

It's an honor and pleasure to be part of this Backer Community!

Another interesting tidbit from reddit yesterday:

A: The entire world is voxelized. That said, you won't be able to carve it up as quickly as you see the forgemaster doing in the video -- that's edit mode. If we allowed that, the world would be swiss cheese within minutes of a new campaign coming online.

the plan for buildings is voxels. plan for props is polygonal meshes.
we build the stuff in 3DS Max and convert it to voxels. We're also working with VF to voxelize UV-mapped meshes, which is something that no one else has done with VS before (spoiler alert!) The analogy I use for this is a candy bar: tri-planar mapped interiors with a "hard candy shell" that can be mapped like a normal 3D polygonal object (instead of having to create the surface out of different materials).
That work is coming along well, though it has been very tricky to work out! We've been working on it since ... October of last year?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger