Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

One Character Per Campaign Issue

Ask the crafters what damage it would do if every single person had a crafting alt?

Not everyone makes alts -Fact

Not everyone using alts wants to craft -Fact

Not every alt crafter would be efficient due to recipes and unlocks, unless you put a lot of work into it, which means it's then your main anyway -Fact

Sorry, I just felt like facting man

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

But you asked why the lock if people can abuse. The answer is, it's still better that it's locked, otherwise everyone is 'abusing'. Maybe bringing this up just caused more potential abusers, since you gave them the idea. YOU DID THIS!!! 

Emh? If everyone 'is abusing' then no one is. I prefer removing the lock instead of having only a bunch of people abusing it.

And it really is against the whole VIP membership concept..

y9tj8G5.png

Not everyone makes alts -Fact

Not everyone using alts wants to craft -Fact

Not every alt crafter would be efficient due to recipes and unlocks, unless you put a lot of work into it, which means it's then your main anyway -Fact

Sorry, I just felt like facting man

The crafters are banking on the game making sure it won't happen

Not sure if you followed the discussions on it

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Emh? If everyone 'is abusing' then no one is. I prefer removing the lock instead of having only a bunch of people abusing it.

And it really is against the whole VIP membership concept..

So you would rather see everyone being able to hop from one alt on another within the same campaign, than let's say 5% of the population. 

Isn't that also counterproductive to the crafter argument, since then everyone will just repair and make their own stuff, then hop back to main and carry on marching?

Either way, i see nothing good coming out of removing the lock, how does that fix anything?

Welcome the hunger

And the other VIP perks are useless?

This isn't an argument against VIP. And yes, passive training is what sells most of them.

Either way, i see nothing good coming out of removing the lock, how does that fix anything?

What you're saying is.. it's fine if some athletes are doping. I don't think it is.

Removing the locks = removing advantages for 'abusers'.

Thats not really the spirit of the analogy though. You are saying why have a one toon per Campaign rule if some people will just get around it and buy multiple accounts anyways. Same thing apply to law and most other rules, why have them if they get broking anyways.

Sorry but your analogy with laws aren't really fit. People get punished when they are found guilty of breaking laws, while here we're talking about a normal and perfectly safe mechanic that advantages those who spend money on multiple accounts rather than VIP memberships.

There's no 'law' against multiple characters per campaign.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

This isn't an argument against VIP. And yes, passive training is what sells most of them.

What you're saying is.. it's fine if some athletes are doping. I don't think it is.

Removing the locks = removing advantages for 'abusers'.

So you're saying let's allow every athlete to dope? I'm sure the athletes that want to go natural will like that idea even more.

I see this will rotate in circles so i'm stepping out.

Welcome the hunger

So you're saying let's allow every athlete to dope? I'm sure the athletes that want to go natural will like that idea even more.

I see this will rotate in circles so i'm stepping out.

That's exactly what I am saying, if there's no alternative. I prefer to have an even battlefield, thank you.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

That's exactly what I am saying. I prefer to have an even battlefield, thank you.

but putting the locks on is the best way to try and achieve an even battlefield. It means people would have to exploit the system to get an unfair advantage.

I plan to focus on crafting and playing as a minotaur. 

but putting the locks on is the best way to try and achieve an even battlefield. It means people would have to exploit the system to get an unfair advantage.

Well then we disagree on which is the best way to achieve an even battlefield.

If everyone is able to use multiple characters, then nobody is really advantaged but those who decide to use them and wisely.

If only 'abusers' are able to use multiple characters, they are the only ones advantaged.

If you think there won't be many people willing to use multiple accs in order to 'abuse', you probably don't know the 'hardcore' community that well.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Well then we disagree on which is the best way to achieve an even battlefield.

If everyone is able to use multiple characters, then nobody is really advantaged but those who decide to use them and wisely.

If only 'abusers' are able to use multiple characters, they are the only ones advantaged.

If you think there won't be many people willing to use multiple accs in order to 'abuse', you probably don't know the 'hardcore' community that well.

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but you're making it seem like 'hardcore' and 'abuser' are synonymous. Sure, there will be people that are always looking for a way to get the upper hand. It's human nature. It's more about boundaries. If everyone can have as many characters on their account in a campaign, whats to stop someone from having all of their characters on multiple accounts at once? 

There is always a bigger fish.

I plan to focus on crafting and playing as a minotaur. 

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but you're making it seem like 'hardcore' and 'abuser' are synonymous.

It's only natural for people to look for advantages in a 'competitive' environment more than anywhere else. :)

It's more about boundaries. If everyone can have as many characters on their account in a campaign, whats to stop someone from having all of their characters on multiple accounts at once?

Nothing. There's a point though where having more characters doesn't do much (once you have crafting potential and 1 or 2 combat builds), unless you're the Sandokan equivalent of a mmorpg player. I would say having 3 chars with passive training unlocked for VIPs would be enough for everyone.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Well, I thought of this a week ago hence I bought 4 accounts.  Two of them were at the $30.00.  One will be used as a scout account and the other as a crafter account.  My sapphire will be my main guild account and my Amber package will be an alternate guild account for those times when I need a spare guild for nefarious purposes.

BTW, I have enough hardware to run 4 clients simultaneously.

Edited by nakawe

Well, I thought of this a week ago hence I bought 4 accounts.  Two of them were at the $30.00.  One will be used as a scout account and the other as a crafter account.  My sapphire will be my main guild account and my Amber package will be an alternate guild account for those times when I need a spare guild for nefarious purposes.

There ya go! :lol:

Maybe bringing this up just caused more potential abusers, since you gave them the idea. YOU DID THIS!!! 

Aaand, that's why I posted it AFTER ks. :)

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Aaand, that's why I posted it AFTER ks. :)

Not like it matters much since whoever is loco enough to do this wouldn't mind paying up after KS anyway.

Did you perhaps think of the downsides of letting everyone walk in the same campaign with alts? Or did you just create the thread to point out the lock can be abused and then just assumed it's better to remove the lock, rather than come up with an idea how to fix it?

Welcome the hunger