Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Austin Tabletop Gaming Night

IdeaMatrix

So, this is an idea that just came up in the Elvine's Quakenet IRC.

I suggest an Austin, Tx tabletop night with forum members and any ACE team members that want to join. We could either set it up at a place like Dragon's Lair or host it at a house/apt somewhere.

We could do guest DM's like JTodd himself and maybe even stream it live so people could join in. We could do an ongoing campaign and maybe even include some Crowfall easter eggs.

This would be a great way to keep the community involved while we wait for more information about Crowfall and it would provide a fun break for ACE employees. 

If anybody that lives in Austin would like to help me set something like this up, please contact me via private message.

Valor and I were discussing an outside get together since the weather is getting nice. Just an fyi. The last one, I think you weren't around yet, was at Sherlocks.

*drags out his old MechWarrior pieces*

Where you bishes at??

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Valor and I were discussing an outside get together since the weather is getting nice. Just an fyi. The last one, I think you weren't around yet, was at Sherlocks.

Nah, I didn't join the forums until around March 8th.

I would be up to do random hang-outs as well but, this was more like an ARG style tie-in to the Crowfall community.

Maybe we should get a Skype call or an IRC channel together.

That I'm not in Austin? Sure. That I can't roll a 20 sided die to see if I will cross an imaginary bridge? No thanks. Watching Community do a D&D episode is the closest I'll ever get to playing.

I don't wanna play, either... lol

I don't wanna play, either... lol

Suuuuure you don't.

Anybody that thinks D&D or other tabletop games are too nerdy for them (Which as a gamer, used to be me) should really get on twitch.tv and look at all of the well produced tabletop shows that they have. Specifically twitch.tv/itmejp is really funny and entertaining.

You can't hate it till you've tried it.

Doing a RPG campaign would be much too time consuming, imo.  You guys should just play a board game.  Although, these are pretty in-depth if you aren't used to playing deeper board games.

This one is easy to learn, quick to play, and loads of fun while drinking.  It's also a small footprint, which would make it more suitable for a bar/pub atmosphere (as opposed to requiring a large playing surface for tons of bits).